• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Hsien Loong's stellar military career

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng was a medic at MCC CMPB when he walked in with an entourage of colonels n doctors in his BG uniform. all heads must duck down and look on the floor anyone caught peeping at him or even make a noise would be charged!:biggrin:

I would say this is true. Once he was in cmpb for visit...one peng kia too gabra forgot to salute him....Kena punish ordered to face the wall....problem was no mention of must face wall for how long....no one dare even CO cmbp not dare to give order to intervene even hours after the visit....poor peng Kia was still facing wall. Finally one duty encik an old timer told the peng Kia to stand down.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would say this is true. Once he was in cmpb for visit...one peng kia too gabra forgot to salute him....Kena punish ordered to face the wall....problem was no mention of must face wall for how long....no one dare even CO cmbp not dare to give order to intervene even hours after the visit....poor peng Kia was still facing wall. Finally one duty encik an old timer told the peng Kia to stand down.

That is fucking abuse of power!

Who did he think he was!?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

lianbeng says: wah u also know that incident ah!:biggrin:

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
Sir, basic physics and proven by scientists. Running fast or slow is the same energy. It is the distance that determines the energy output.

FBO means carry extra 15 kg or so running in hard boots on hard Tarmac, damage is easily double the usual rate. Super damaging to leg joints. Human body needs to repair damage. That's why you only hear of six or seven consecutive marathon, max. Any longer the human leg can't take it without adequate rest. Don't believe me, go try it lor.

"it is traditionally well accepted that a strong linear relationship exists between the rate of oxygen consumption and running speed (see figure 1), with energy expenditure increasing with increasing running speed"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_energetics

In english: The faster you run, the more energy consumed. Not only is it logical, it is linearly proven.

The load of the FBO is a different story. Who cares about damage to joints?!? You kena damaged, you attend C, you OOC. Simple. Cannot become ranger. It is a course to weed out the weak, and train the strong. After rangers have proven themselves by passing the course, they get the tab. Nobody ask them to continue running 10k FBO for the rest of their lives. Its only 60 + 1 day of running FBO 10km daily, that's all.

Nowhere did I write that you would not get injured. My friend got a stress fracture after day 7 proven on x-ray. But he tough, shut the F up and continued the course. And passed.

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the course objectives of the ranger course, my friend, is to physically exert yourself for minimum 20hours a day, over 30 + 30 days. The one or two days break is for transport to the Thailand phase. Also, in the ranger course meals are just one packet of hard tack biscuits a day. The smartest and best cadres are not the fittest, but those who can keng as much as they can. In fact, they will do FBO run and relag come in at 57mins or 58mins, just under the hour to conserve energy. My same friend said a super fit PTI who can do 2.4km under 7mins drop out after day 3 because of lack of sleep.

My friend was a regular reaching rank of MAJ before he left. He also completed the US Ranger course. He is a pure soldier type - operational mind and damn on type, now working somewhere in Iraq for a security company, big bucks but real risks. Strong as an ox with big broad shoulders, you don't want to mess with that fucker. No need to xian girls - he go Zouk is one night one kill. Sure can take home one chiobu to bang one.

In the 1970's, my instructor was a US Ranger trained and qualified champion sky diver. Career professional officer. He treated me like a colleague. Many years after we parted, I managed to locate him, and did chat with him.

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
I would say out of all, Neo Kian Hong may deserve his rank. But I wouldn't have promoted him so fast.

To be fair.... he wasn't promoted as half as fast as fucktard KEE CHIU.... but I see him more of a soldier than KEE CHIU. Neo Kian Hong I will salute. KEE CHIU I also salute, with middle finger

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair.... he wasn't promoted as half as fast as fucktard KEE CHIU.... but I see him more of a soldier than KEE CHIU. Neo Kian Hong I will salute. KEE CHIU I also salute, with middle finger

Hear hear. Just compare the decorations and medals on both their uniforms.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair.... he wasn't promoted as half as fast as fucktard KEE CHIU.... KEE CHIU I also salute, with middle finger

The common knowledge is that if you are a SAFOS, you will be handpicked and mentored by a PAP minister by the time you hit MAJ rank. From there to COL, you will observed and brought along overseas trip to see if you are a minister caliber. Those who are of minister caliber are usually pulled out of SAF around COL/BG rank. The ones who are passed over are promoted to be CDF, COA, CAF, CNV, various COS etc.

One tell tale sign is Dir JOPD... It is a rotation that all minister caliber will have.

Thus, you know PAP is really scrapping the bottom when you have people like RAdm Lui, BG Chan etc.

One exception is RAdm Teo. He was handpicked and mentored by LKY himself. Rumor has it that he was slated to be PM but jealousy got the better of Pinky, who condemned him to CNV. Not sure what happened but he was pulled out to be a minister in the end (probably because Pinky's position is safe by then).

RAdm Teo... this is one guy who is like LKY and goes by the book. Check out how he is cleaning up the MHA now.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The common knowledge is that if you are a SAFOS, you will be handpicked and mentored by a PAP minister by the time you hit MAJ rank. From there to COL, you will observed and brought along overseas trip to see if you are a minister caliber. Those who are of minister caliber are usually pulled out of SAF around COL/BG rank. The ones who are passed over are promoted to be CDF, COA, CAF, CNV, various COS etc.

One tell tale sign is Dir JOPD... It is a rotation that all minister caliber will have.

Thus, you know PAP is really scrapping the bottom when you have people like RAdm Lui, BG Chan etc.

One exception is RAdm Teo. He was handpicked and mentored by LKY himself. Rumor has it that he was slated to be PM but jealousy got the better of Pinky, who condemned him to CNV. Not sure what happened but he was pulled out to be a minister in the end (probably because Pinky's position is safe by then).

RAdm Teo... this is one guy who is like LKY and goes by the book. Check out how he is cleaning up the MHA now.

Teo has CNY for around half and year or less and managed to "win" the GRC by-election then (stupid opposition then put it three diff oppo parties). Teo go into PAP and rose up. Yes, he was supposedly to PM but how could he be, considering there's HL?

All SAFOS serve a few years in air-con MINDEF HQ.

jw5

Loyal
For pete's sake, can someone get the word "stellar" out from the thread title.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For pete's sake, can someone get the word "stellar" out from the thread title.

Its stellar... the last time that the history of mankind had that kind of STELLAR...was when the Magi approach King Herold...

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is also an SAF Overseas Merit Scholar. He was given two scholarships, the President's Scholarship and the SAF Overseas Merit Scholarship at the same time to study for one course!

From Wikipedia: In 1971, he was awarded a President's Scholarship and Singapore Armed Forces Overseas Scholarship by the Public Service Commission to study mathematics at Trinity College, University of Cambridge.

I was all the while thinking that scholarships were meant for the needy ones, poor and brilliant.

In which category does this recipient fits?