• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Hsien Loong: “Nobody will be left behind.”

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This line is an army-at-war line. Leave no man behind, meaning don't run for your own life and leave our own men as casualties behind, carry them even if that handicaps and slows you down, even endangering you.

In Singapore politics, this line was first used by Captain Goh Meng Seng with reference to the James Gomez missing form saga and BG George Yeo calling for WP to drop off Gomez. Army officer versus army officer, army language is no surprise, even with BG LHL now using it.

god's ultimate weapon

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you do if they came for you in the middle night whilst you're trapped in there?

Your fellow prisoners can't do nothing. Nobody outside knows nothing.

They jab you, ship you unconscious to the hospital. Would it matter if you held a HOTA objection card? Is there anybody to care, to protest?

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most likely the only ones to escape "Sook Ching" (cleansing) by the Kempetai were those who spoke fluent Japanese, the prerequisit of becoming turncoats when Singapore became Syonanto.

First I don't believe his bullshit.

It is OK to be afraid, we are only humans, it is ok to outwit the japs and do evasive actions to survive.

It is his justification to survive, therefor offer to being a Traitor, when the country need every able body person most to stand up and fight, that I can't stand.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
front-supm16.jpg

I do .

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
He feels that he's a smart Chinese as the Chinese saying goes, 识时务者为俊杰。He himself frankly (and even hint of proudly) admitted and documented in his own memoirs his joining IJA Kempeitai during WW2. How he got arrested and slapped, how he managed to slip off, then turned around join the Japs.

Hahaha..."How he got arrested and slapped, how he managed to slip off, then turned around join the Japs."

Who in the world would believe such crap from a traitor? Most probably, to save his own skin, he offered to betray his own countrymen!

And his own son dares to proclaim, “Nobody will be left behind.” From the actions of emperor father and princely son, sinkies are being sacrificed and replaced by foreigners so as to ensure the progress of the nation! Their spurs are very formidable and sharp in the removable of those who cannot keep up!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Ramseth,

I coined this term during the heat of GE2006 just to make a fundamental point that when we go into battle or war, we should support each other and trust each other in the firing lines.

I felt that PAP is trying to break our unity by using the divide and rule tactic. They have used it before during the GE2001 to break the rank of SDP. Thus, at that critical moment, especially for our ardent supporters, I need to make a very clear, precise and indisputable stand that we will stand together and no one could break our ranks.

In ancient wars, if you notice, no matter how big the army of any waring states was, it is possible to decimate the whole army just by using this little psychological warfare of breaking the ranks within the army. Thus there was one important martial law that anyone who tries to talk or spread messages that will affect confidence and morale of the troops will be court martial and killed immediately.

It is more of the psychological considerations that I have decided to make such strong statement. Luckily for PAP, it get the message in clear sense and decided to back off the next day.

I am pretty annoyed by PAP's past tactic by focusing on individual's little mistakes. Election should be about policy debates and allowing voters to make informed choices. Turning it into mudslinging contests will hinder the progress of this Nation's political development.

Of course, as a ruling party, it is not possible to please everyone. Sometimes it even pisses off everyone. But it is the job of the ruling party to explain in clear terms about the policies and the trade offs it is expected for us.

"Leave no man behind" is a simple slogan but it takes more than lips service to achieve this simple aim. So far, I think PAP has really failed in this aspect. In terms of basic needs like a roof over our heads, PAP has reversed the good that it has done in the past few decades.

HDB is what makes PAP today but will also be something that will make it falls.

Goh Meng Seng

This line is an army-at-war line. Leave no man behind, meaning don't run for your own life and leave our own men as casualties behind, carry them even if that handicaps and slows you down, even endangering you.

In Singapore politics, this line was first used by Captain Goh Meng Seng with reference to the James Gomez missing form saga and BG George Yeo calling for WP to drop off Gomez. Army officer versus army officer, army language is no surprise, even with BG LHL now using it.

jw5

Loyal
Either he didn't mean it or he meant something else that we don't understand.

hitower

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL and his PAP members have long gone, left.

Leaving us behind to take those FT shit, etc....etc......

VOTE OUT PAP!!!

Our voice will be heard.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lee Kuan Yew: “You go down New York, Broadway. You will see the beggars, people of the streets…Where are the beggars in Singapore? Show me.”

There are none because they have been arrested and thrown into "Homes" which actually are Prisons.....

Perhaps when LHL was making the speech, the night before, watched " We Were Soldiers " by Mel Gibson...

And was inspired by that movie so much that when he addressed Singaporean Serfs, he imagined that he was Mel Gibson, and said " Nobody will be left behind ... " opps... that's a difficult commitment!