• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lawrence Wrong tells u guys to get used to it

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

God bless the Sinkies.... this clown is going to be the next Prime Minister? He probably doesn't know what he is having for lunch later.​

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ossibility-that-covid-19-becomes-endemic-here

Singapore planning for possibility that Covid-19 becomes endemic here: Lawrence Wong​

Finance Minister Lawrence Wong was asked during a press conference how Singaporeans might go about their daily lives in the coming years.
Finance Minister Lawrence Wong was asked during a press conference how Singaporeans might go about their daily lives in the coming years.ST PHOTO: GAVIN FOO
linette_lai.png

Linette Lai
Political Correspondent
  • PUBLISHED
    MAY 28, 2021, 4:29 PM SGT

SINGAPORE - Singapore has started planning for the possibility that Covid-19 may become endemic here, said Finance Minister Lawrence Wong on Friday (May 28).
This could mean Singaporeans will need to get booster jabs from time to time, he noted. In the coming months, better treatments could also be developed for the disease, making it less of something to fear, he added at a virtual press conference.

But even then, the country may have to take basic precautions - for example, with regard to ventilation systems and buildings - in order to minimise the risk of infection.

"When will it happen? I really can't say," Mr Wong said, in response to a reporter's question on when the virus will be considered endemic here.

"But we are indeed planning for a plausible scenario down the road where scientists around the world... come to the conclusion that it's not going to be possible to eradicate this virus - it's never going to go away, and we then have to learn to live with it."

The minister was speaking at a press conference to announce extra help for individuals and businesses impacted by the tightened measures on social interaction. The $800 million package of support measures will be debated at the next Parliament sitting in July.

At the virtual event, Mr Wong was asked how Singaporeans might go about their daily lives in the coming years, given that it seems difficult to picture the current restrictions on mask wearing and social gatherings lasting for a long time.

"I can't even predict what's going to happen next month," he replied. "So I don't know that it's so easy to tell you what's going to happen years down the road because the situation is really very uncertain."

He did, however, note that the current strict measures are working to help Singapore curb the spread of the virus.
"Therefore, we do not think there is a need for further tightening in our overall posture," Mr Wong said, adding that a fuller update will be given at the next press conference by the multi-ministerial task force tackling Covid-19 on Monday.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

God bless the Sinkies.... this clown is going to be the next Prime Minister? He probably doesn't know what he is having for lunch later.​

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ossibility-that-covid-19-becomes-endemic-here

Singapore planning for possibility that Covid-19 becomes endemic here: Lawrence Wong​

Finance Minister Lawrence Wong was asked during a press conference how Singaporeans might go about their daily lives in the coming years.
Finance Minister Lawrence Wong was asked during a press conference how Singaporeans might go about their daily lives in the coming years.ST PHOTO: GAVIN FOO
linette_lai.png

Linette Lai
Political Correspondent
  • PUBLISHED
    MAY 28, 2021, 4:29 PM SGT

SINGAPORE - Singapore has started planning for the possibility that Covid-19 may become endemic here, said Finance Minister Lawrence Wong on Friday (May 28).
This could mean Singaporeans will need to get booster jabs from time to time, he noted. In the coming months, better treatments could also be developed for the disease, making it less of something to fear, he added at a virtual press conference.

But even then, the country may have to take basic precautions - for example, with regard to ventilation systems and buildings - in order to minimise the risk of infection.

"When will it happen? I really can't say," Mr Wong said, in response to a reporter's question on when the virus will be considered endemic here.

"But we are indeed planning for a plausible scenario down the road where scientists around the world... come to the conclusion that it's not going to be possible to eradicate this virus - it's never going to go away, and we then have to learn to live with it."

The minister was speaking at a press conference to announce extra help for individuals and businesses impacted by the tightened measures on social interaction. The $800 million package of support measures will be debated at the next Parliament sitting in July.

At the virtual event, Mr Wong was asked how Singaporeans might go about their daily lives in the coming years, given that it seems difficult to picture the current restrictions on mask wearing and social gatherings lasting for a long time.

"I can't even predict what's going to happen next month," he replied. "So I don't know that it's so easy to tell you what's going to happen years down the road because the situation is really very uncertain."

He did, however, note that the current strict measures are working to help Singapore curb the spread of the virus.
"Therefore, we do not think there is a need for further tightening in our overall posture," Mr Wong said, adding that a fuller update will be given at the next press conference by the multi-ministerial task force tackling Covid-19 on Monday.

It's not a "possibility" it's a given. There is no way that any country can keep the virus out indefinitely much less forever. The sooner we face reality the sooner everyone can get on with their lives.

Covid is a minor infection in most and many don't even know they are infected. To continuously lock down and mask a whole population is just lunacy. It achieves absolutely nothing in the long term.

Lawrence Wong is more than A WHOLE YEAR late with this proclamation anyway. In my infinite wisdom I already stated that the virus is endemic way back in April 2020.

https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/harbin-poised-to-be-the-next-wuhan.284208/#post-3100199

1622256161036.png

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been saying this all along - Lockdowns and restrictions are not solutions in the long run. Managing COVID19 and learning to protect ourselves is the way forward. Much like the flu, we need vaccines and medications to protect ourselves from dying and overwhelming hospitals. Hopefully, when 70% of people get their vaccinations and herd immunity kicks in, the virus will disappear. But that's a long shot. So it's not about contracting the virus anymore. The focus should be all about making everyone safe from it.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yup like the common flu
it's going to stay
you got to have your booster
you got to have your annual booster
so pay and pay and pay
surely die sooner
no choice
the world is being controlled
your balls in your mouth

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in other words, sinkies will be sodomized until shiok sendiri or songsonggaojurong or whichever cums first.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
fumble one after another
calls to seal the borders ignored
calls to mask up early ignored
now restricts imposed - but quick to open up - another fumble
once this heightened alert C B is opened
we will be like taiwan and malaysia - the indian variants will spread
yes , we open up, and open our legs - the indian variants will just masok
and we are back to C C B - and all will die one by one as our cases will soar
and our icus will be full and our crematroria will explode
you see this happening around you
so do not be complacent and be happy with your mini success
it is a trap to open your legs!!!!!!!!!!! knnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
in other words, sinkies will be sodomized until shiok sendiri.
blame ourselves for exposing our butts
no more sinkies as one people anymore
we are so diluted
so dispersed
so mixed
where got the singapore core to speak up
only in sammyboys

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not a "possibility" it's a given. There is no way that any country can keep the virus out indefinitely much less forever. The sooner we face reality the sooner everyone can get on with their lives.

Covid is a minor infection in most and many don't even know they are infected. To continuously lock down and mask a whole population is just lunacy. It achieves absolutely nothing in the long term.

Lawrence Wong is more than A WHOLE YEAR late with this proclamation anyway. In my infinite wisdom I already stated that the virus is endemic way back in April 2020.

https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/harbin-poised-to-be-the-next-wuhan.284208/#post-3100199

View attachment 112229

Sam Leong for PM!!!
Drag Lanjiao Loong out and execute him.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yet more of my profound wisdom......

View attachment 112230

I think you're wrong in this case... it's the control freak PAP after all. There will be no opening up. It will freak out the kiasi Sinkies, most of whom are part of the PAP's core support base.

The lockdowns, restrictions and inconveniences a.k.a. 'safe management practices' will continue, perhaps escalate... it's only that this time they're telling you to accept it as the 'new normal'... 'deal with it'.

In other words, the vaccines don't work, there will be no herd immunity, the pro-vaccine propaganda courtesy of Phua Chu Kang and Gov dot sg and Temasek Foundation etc is a bunch of baloney. At the very least, if you're a true believer of vaccines, expect Pfizer or another pharma company to pimp (annual?) booster shots in future.

There will be no end until someone finally grows a pair of testicles and say where the Covid-19 virus really came from. :cool:

https://twitter.com/LawrenceSellin

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Covid is culling the weak and poor from the over populated Earth. it's much better than a world war.

the world will move on soon enough. but returning to the status quo pre Covid ain't going to happen.

it's a new beginning for everyone. embrace it.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Covid is culling the weak and poor from the over populated Earth. it's much better than a world war.

the world will move on soon enough. but returning to the status quo pre Covid ain't going to happen.

Of course it's going to revert to back to normal. It is already happening in many countries so why would Singapore be any different.

This so called "new normal" was never going to happen. Humans are genetically programmed to live lives as social animals. This "work from home" shit is already a thing of the past in places where society has already removed restrictions and opened up. There is no way teamwork can be forged and deals done on zoom. Things just don't work that way in the human species.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
nbcnews.com

Opinion | Why working from home never works​

By Richard Laermer

5-6 minutes

While there is clearly a market for remote workers, virtual teams, even virtual assistants, a company that offers telecommuting as a white-collar perk is just making more trouble and work for itself.

When it goes well, nobody notices or cares; when it goes badly, telecommuting days are treated as vacation days. Over the past two decades, working remotely has gone from a perk accessible to some to a policy utilized by 43% of employed American employees in 2016. Millennials in particular appeared to embrace the flexibility, and across the internet trend pieces began to proliferate speculating that half of all office workers could be remote by 2020 and explaining why remote work is the “future of innovation.”
Not so fast.

As the owner of a New York-based public relations firm, I began offering telecommuting as a perk a little over a year ago when I told everyone they could “phone it in” every Friday. I had hoped home commuting would increase productivity and accommodate a more diverse work force — arguments often used to justify the policy. But instead, my company’s experiment ended up convincing me that telecommuting hurt my employees (and my business) more than it helped.

For starters, I found that too many employees treated their work-from-home day as paid time off. They rolled their eyes when managers tried to reach them in the middle of the day. Response times slowed considerably.

Multitasking at work usually means something different.Henk Badenhorst / Getty Images stock

Then there was the critical moment when I asked someone to come by our midtown office on one of her working from home days. I needed her to meet with a client who was coming by but she said she was unavailable because she was going to be in the Hamptons.
I’m not a dictator or a micromanager, but I do need to know if my employees are planning to be on Long Island during the weekday. Without trust, employer-employee relationships are doomed.

But accountability wasn’t the only issue remote work dredged up. The empty office also demotivated the people working there — including me. One of the many reasons we stopped the one-day-at-home was a startling comment made by our chief financial officer on an empty Friday: “Why do we have this beautiful office when nobody’s here to enjoy it?” The change was palpable, as our usually humming work space suddenly felt drained of the collaborative energy that had previously been a hallmark of it.

This side effect was cited as also one of the reasons why tech giant IBM told 2,000 US workers they would no longer be able to work from home. "IBM's strategy is about adopting the best work method for the work being done," an IBM spokesperson told Bloomberg. The company is hoping that the change, while controversial, will foster a renewed sense of creativity across multi-disciplinary teams. (IBM will still allow flexible work arrangements for appointments and child care.)

This home office is an urban legend.Onest Mistic / Getty Images

Even the oft-cited idea that millennials crave employee flexibility may in some ways be overblown. In our experience, young staffers are eager for the one-on-one mentorship opportunities and structure provided by employee proximity. They’re learning a new business fast and the advantage of being on campus trumps distance learning.

Then there is the loneliness factor. According to a Reuters survey, “62 percent of people said they found [telecommuting] socially isolating and half thought that the daily lack of face-to-face contact could harm their chances of a promotion.” That’s true. Companies reward the folks who save the day over people who just do their job.

Ultimately, of course, I can’t force my employees to be creative or hardworking any more than I can keep track of everything they are doing at every minute of the work day. Some people are always going to look for opportunities to take advantage of workplace loopholes.

So though it may work for some, I don’t believe that telecommuting will ever be the right path for a firm like mine. And I suspect that other companies may come to similar conclusions. The future of work will certainly be flexible, but it's not time to eulogize the brick-and-mortar office space yet.

Richard Laermer is the founder and CEO of RLM Public Relations, a former journalist, and the author of five bestselling books including "2011: Trendspotting, Punk Marketing and Full Frontal PR."

Subscribe to the THINK newsletter
ReTHINK the news cycle with timely op-eds, in-depth analyses and personal essays delivered weekly to your inbox.
Richard Laermer
Richard Laermer
Richard Laermer is the founder and CEO of RLM Public Relations, a former journalist, and the author of five bestselling books including "2011: Trendspotting, Punk Marketing and Full Frontal PR."

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The vaccines will cull even more. :cool:

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course it's going to revert to back to normal. It is already happening in many countries so why would Singapore be any different.

This so called "new normal" was never going to happen. Humans are genetically programmed to live lives as social animals. This "work from home" shit is already a thing of the past in places where society has already removed restrictions and opened up. There is no way teamwork can be forged and deals done on zoom. Things just don't work that way in the human species.

corporations giving up floor space in buildings is real. they are already preparing for a future with reduced numbers in office.

change is never easy and the resistance has began obviously. but resistance is futile. you can opiniate all you want, it won't change the fact.

teamwork will be built in other manners. humans are the most adaptable species on the planet.

the recent lockdowns and work from homes have not destroyed the economy. the money making machine is still running fine. many office jobs can be done remotely as has been proven. I'm sure if a study is done, it will find that productivity/ efficiency has gone up during this period.