• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lawrence Wong: National Stadium to be named after someone we wish to remember

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"We also may have the possibility of either stadium being named after a personality, for example, someone we wish to commemorate or remember, he said.

Fuck it if they name it after that Old Bastard. If they want to commemorate him why not do it now? It need not be posthumous you know... remember Saddam International Airport? :rolleyes:

And what's wrong with naming a stadium after the name of the locality? Kallang Stadium not good enough for you, so you need to come up with some pretentiously posh name or name it after some rich donor (again)? :rolleyes:

:kma:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lawrence Wong might as well come straight to the point and reserve it for LKY!:rolleyes: It's a foregone conclusion. No need to guess.

They should also embalm his body and place it in the trophy cabinet. :rolleyes:

Don't forget the obligatory bronze statue. He was such a good football manager, brought the national team from Third Division to First. :biggrin:

sir-alex-ferguson-statue-full.png

jw5

Loyal
Poor keechiu. No chance to name stadium, got other things for him to name or not huh? :(

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The National Stadium was opened on 21st July 1973, I still have the photos taken with the Logo of National Stadium Corporation & the Display that Says WELCOME PRIME MINISTER..

The future...should name it as LKY Stadium!:rolleyes:

Organisers would ask Lau Chee Bye to kick a ball from the penalty spot towards the goal post to commemorate the historic event of opening the National Stadium for the second time in his lifetime..

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any of the following is fine:
  • National Stadium
  • Choo Seng Quee Stadium
  • Dollah Kassim Stadium
  • Kallang Stadium
  • Yusof Ishak Stadium
  • Wee Kim Wee Stadium
  • Wong Peng Soon Stadium
  • Chua Howe Liang Stadium.

I'd be very unhappy with:
  • LKY Stadium
  • Kuan Yew - Geok Choo Stadium
  • SR Nathan Stadium
  • People's Action Stadium
  • Certificate of Entitlement Stadium
  • 6.9M Stadium.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like LKY is going to get his name there for free.

No matter. They can rename any place or road or even national monument after old vile shit. Put up his statues even. Fete him as father founder rewrite history books.

When the revolution comes along we just dismantle and demolishe all these shit. Machiam saddam hussien.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When they say "We" it does not include people like you and me. The "We" are the decision makers....

If I can choose, it would be Mr Ong Teng Cheong. He is our first "elected" President.

Fuck it if they name it after that Old Bastard. If they want to commemorate him why not do it now? It need not be posthumous you know... remember Saddam International Airport? :rolleyes:

And what's wrong with naming a stadium after the name of the locality? Kallang Stadium not good enough for you, so you need to come up with some pretentiously posh name or name it after some rich donor (again)? :rolleyes:

:kma:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[QUOTE

If I can choose, it would be Mr Ong Teng Cheong. He is our first "elected" President.[/QUOTE]

Hell will be freezing cold if they ever recognise Ong Teng Cheong. In 36 man years when they reveal how much we have in assets.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any of the following is fine:
I'd be very unhappy with:
  • Certificate of Entitlement Stadium

So next time we go watch a football match, we wont need a ticket. Instead, we will need to bring a cashcard for erp deduction? LOL

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Shitty Times today started their campaign for you-know-I-know-who-but-don't-say-yet by having stories to say that none of our past medal winners like Tan Howe Liang do not feel that they are fit to have a stadium named after them. As though we don't know. They are just going through the motion of eliminating and then leading to viola, to be named at the appropriate time.