• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Laulan wong leads the poll to PM

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that the Ministers are way over paid.
A fair annual compensation is $400,000 to $600 000.
Accordingly, the compensation for all senior civil servants, SPF and SAF officers should be reduced, as well as the judiciary.
They may not be there to serve, but for the very significant salary, with almost little risk, compared to entrepreneurs and professionals.
Every frontrunner was either a civil servant or a career soldier. Tells you some things will never change regardless of who is in charge. :cool:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every frontrunner was either a civil servant or a career soldier. Tells you some things will never change regardless of who is in charge. :cool:
They may need a few more non scholars, non civil servants, non SPF and non SAF officers.
An individual like Richard Hu.
It would be good for Singapore and Singaporeans, if successful entrepreneurs and professionals join the Workers Party to make it a viable alternative government. For that to happen, the citizens must vote for non PAP candidates, and the PAP government should avoid or refrain from continuously making amendments to the Constitution, but restore Parliament to single seat or constituency MP.
I believe that the above matters have proven that the PAP may have done more harm than good.

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are many capable and good individuals who did not and will not join the PAP
I respect them for not selling their souls.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with the poll...Wong is the best of the lot.
I hope that the mini survey is representative of the citizens, and the senior PAP leaders and the 4G core.
Personally, although I have neither worked with nor met any of the front runners, I prefer Mr. Wong.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good memory and recall for posting that video or clip.
I believe that it may help him improve his public speaking if he takes some speech therapy or lessons, so that his accent is not so harsh and to become more neutral and pleasant.
I am not a native speaker of English, but after a few decades, I am more neutral.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First thing first....Wong must be made Finance Minister.
You may get your wish.
I believe the forthcoming cabinet shuffle, will move Wing to be the Minister of Finance. He has been the Minister of Education. Not sure whether or not he was a Second Minister of Defence.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You want this idiot to be SG PM ??

We already had this idiot since 2004. The bar has already been set very low.

giphy.gif

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
It puzzles me why in Singapore, some of those worthy ministers (Penang cow, Tharman, etc) would give up and just simply don't look forward to being the next PM. On the other hand, in Boleh Land, every of their political party heads are fighting to be the next PM, even for an aging and dying Mahathir. :geek:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sun xue ling should be PM or moved into cabinet. She can be our Yingluck.

Chan screwed up: once during the Indon vessel and the other when he called the HK toilet paper rush stupid. He has offended China, that’s untenable.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ms. Sun looks capable and is one of the better looking female politicians.
Not sure whether she is Singaporean at birth or naturalized

Last edited: