• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Last night, I dreamt about Singapore hit by a Typhoon

Hanslesley73

Alfrescian
Loyal
some gal pretending to be guy ,simply talking cock here

where do you have floods ? always in tropical hemishpere where it rains cats and dogs

anyone here ,old enough ,will remember sinkies regular flooding ,until PWD starts building huge drainage

its a regular occurance across the causeway and jakarta as well

must be a stupid fuck to deny flooding is part and parcel of our habitat here
Haha, ah neh nice-gook refers to flash flood as real flood and compares Singapore flood to Jakarta. You just revealed u not from here, neh, go back to India. and btw, parameswara is 'half Tamil' - only in your mind. As usual, pretend to be smart n clever. My dick is smarter than you. :biggrin:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
anyone here ,old enough ,will remember sinkies regular flooding ,until PWD starts building huge drainage

the floods around Still Rd, Langsat Rd even up to Tanjong Katong area in the 70s are quite a sight to behold.

Shit floating, snakes and rodents swimming... cockroaches and centipedes too...

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
the floods around Still Rd, Langsat Rd even up to Tanjong Katong area in the 70s are quite a sight to behold.

yeah man ,worse in some areas like sembawang or others ...i almost laughed when a poster said enjoying flood where shit float all around you ....almost every creature known will surface for sure , and once i caught a huge crab right in front of where i stayed

and the m&d ! Oh gosh ,it takes months and months to get it cleared

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
and the m&d ! Oh gosh ,it takes months and months to get it cleared

My landlord didn’t bothered repainting, we just had to scrub those watermark away, not very effective, but the sofa set does help shield the unsightly walls to a certain extend.

It’s a marvel to see critters climbing onto whatever that floats, but great improvement when the canal was widened in the 80s, only occasional flash floods that would subside within hours.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
stay more than 2km inland from the sea you should be safe
anything less is weihiam
You will notice that all big cities along the coast in South east asia faces mainland asia.away from the ocean unlike say, California, Japan or Australia. Possibly due to trade or possibly to avoid a tsunami.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
My landlord didn’t bothered repainting, we just had to scrub those watermark away, not very effective, but the sofa set does help shield the unsightly walls to a certain extend.

It’s a marvel to see critters climbing onto whatever that floats, but great improvement when the canal was widened in the 80s, only occasional flash floods that would subside within hours.
yup ,the canals and huge drains were specifically built for that purpose ..to eliminate flooding in sinkiland ...in fact ,if my memory serves right the one in bukit timah was one of the first ...and we had peace for a couple of decades..so much so younger folks have no memories of sinkie ever flooding ...than the flash flood emerged

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will notice that all big cities along the coast in South east asia faces mainland asia.away from the ocean unlike say, California, Japan or Australia. Possibly due to trade or possibly to avoid a tsunami.
i dont know what you mean by all the main cities in SEA built to avoid tsunami

tsunami had never occured in sinkiland nor malusia but had a history of repeating itself in western sumatra and South india facing its East

i was based in one such town ,Kota Padang ,its a beautiful city with beautiful ocean and cool mountainous region, not to mention the origin of Nasi Padang ...its one of the surfers paradise where surfers from all parts of the world comes for the challenge ...but the pity is scientists had predicted that it would be destroyed by Tsunami in 30 years ,maybe even tomorrow

Hanslesley73

Alfrescian
Loyal
yup ,the canals and huge drains were specifically built for that purpose ..to eliminate flooding in sinkiland ...in fact ,if my memory serves right the one in bukit timah was one of the first ...and we had peace for a couple of decades..so much so younger folks have no memories of sinkie ever flooding ...than the flash flood emerged
My apologies, then, Nice-Gook. I belong to the 'younger folks.' Sorry I like to pick on you bcoz....sometimes u seemed very smart. :biggrin:

bonds

Alfrescian
Loyal

pond.jpg

K.N.N.

Wheres gots Flood????

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont know what you mean by all the main cities in SEA built to avoid tsunami

tsunami had never occured in sinkiland nor malusia but had a history of repeating itself in western sumatra and South india facing its East

i was based in one such town ,Kota Padang ,its a beautiful city with beautiful ocean and cool mountainous region, not to mention the origin of Nasi Padang ...its one of the surfers paradise where surfers from all parts of the world comes for the challenge ...but the pity is scientists had predicted that it would be destroyed by Tsunami in 30 years ,maybe even tomorrow
Look at java. Jakarta, surabaya, semarang all facing mainland asia. No big cities facing the indian ocean.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
My apologies, then, Nice-Gook. I belong to the 'younger folks.' Sorry I like to pick on you bcoz....sometimes u seemed very smart. :biggrin:
Apologies in this forum is pretty rare but I still cannot buy your storyline Madam , since even if you are very very young Sinkie born the matter of Sinkie floods would have been known to you through your elders ...it’s a common knowledge to every one here

hence I figure you most likely a jiu Hu kias , perhaps posting from there..not to mention your style of writing and the subject chosen betrays you too

you @duluxe?

peace !

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at java. Jakarta, surabaya, semarang all facing mainland asia. No big cities facing the indian ocean.
That depends on the time and period in history when it became big cities in Indonesia

Jakarta had no prominence before colonial times and Surbaya was meeting ports for the rest of the islands of Indonesia since you cannot have it in the Indian Ocean as all other islands are in the east

but before the arrival of the colonists ports and cities in North Sumatra played a big part