• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kovan Double Murder thread

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Kovan 34-yr old suspected Kovan murderer arrested

The Kovan murder is not a simple as what you though. Iskandar helps to solicit business for the old man car repair business/insurance claim. If i am the businessman, i make sure i feed him real fat and introduce woman/drug/gambling so that he is forever in debt. In that way he is forever within my control.

Somehow when you push someone to the limit (like threatening his police career), his mind snapped and there goes the killing.

This is one possible angle...there are things that I want to say..but it is not appropriate to say it publicly...sometime we call sensitivity...politically correct & racially harmonious...you know what I mean...

Money..power..connection..throw in SEX..

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Brother Golden Dragon, any updates on Kovan murder?

u shud juz stick 2 reading ur dat 154th ... according 2 dat once-in-50-yrs burger, it tels u watz rite! ...

We all know who pays for peppertail's breakfast.
Us.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Kovan murder is not a simple as what you though. Iskandar helps to solicit business for the old man car repair business/insurance claim. If i am the businessman, i make sure i feed him real fat and introduce woman/drug/gambling so that he is forever in debt. In that way he is forever within my control.

Somehow when you push someone to the limit (like threatening his police career), his mind snapped and there goes the killing.

Good points.. Agree with you.. Every story must have 2 sides.. Will be interesting to know what really triggers the cop to commit 2 murders at one go.. For that we must wait for the start of the trial.. I expect the courtroom to be packed to the rafters when the trial proceedings begins..

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If he is representing the SPF which should be the case, CP should be in uniform. Wonder if he gave 'white gold' and whether claiming from the SPF.

Bro, you seen to hate this commissioner very much... Whatever he do or say... You sure find him a problem...:biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the cop will be hanged. it is meaningless to tell any stories in court. he should have killed himself in Malaysia when caught.

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

Probably iskandar is asking for a lot more to pay off his debt to avoid bankruptcy, and the old man refused. Note that the bank declared him bankrupt the following day, so there was a deadline hanging around his neck.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

Key-in "blood trail Kovan murder" in Google images to see the pictures. How can anyone be so vicious.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Probably iskandar is asking for a lot more to pay off his debt to avoid bankruptcy, and the old man refused. Note that the bank declared him bankrupt the following day, so there was a deadline hanging around his neck.

The fact the the m&d's debt has been piling up and I know that banks do you the debtor a chance to repay or work out a scheme of repayment but this m&d apparently failed to followed thru in such repayment given ample time.

So one would ask with all these added in, given the time when the m&d's employer SPF even knew he made a false declaration of non-indebtness to the present event, where do this old man fit in?

This old man or with his son also involved, must have dealing with this m&d and these dealing isn't so clean that the m&d can go hounding him for money.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Key-in "blood trail Kovan murder" in Google images to see the pictures. How can anyone be so vicious.

someone here is going to claim that google images and text within images are photoshopped after they are cached. :rolleyes:

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1VwPOg7fDq8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>..............

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

So how many killer policemen are there then? Sigh...i'm giving you a chance here to make your case, but you seem to be just another fellow resorting to personal insults when cornered.

I'll rather be be interested in how many Poodles are in financial woes and how many are on the take?

The killer Poodle does not exist without the first event taking place first.

But for Chee Bye Teo he will shoot back the question to daft fellow like you as :

So what do you think? LOL

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'll rather be be interested in how many Poodles are in financial woes and how many are on the take?

The killer Poodle does not exist without the first event taking place first.

But for Chee Bye Teo he will shoot back the question to daft fellow like you as :

So what do you think? LOL

If you are interested you should ask questions, not throw around accusations as if they are facts.

jw5

Loyal

The policeman has to realise that he should not put himself in a position where his integrity as a cop can be compromised.
And even if it happens and he gets into deeper shit, there is no reason to kill people.
Classic example of a "disproportionate reaction".
They don't give him what he wants, so he kills them? Absurd, but perhaps there are those who insist on getting what they want. Bankrupt so what? Just start over again, and do something else. CCB, no need to kill people.

It seems that this basic principle of ethical behaviour in public service is not understood by those for whom it is most critical.
Our tuakang ex cop forummer obviously has no clue about this principle either, despite his constant boasting about how much and what he knows.
His only saving grace is that he is not rude and condescending, and not "abrasive" like you-know-who manipulative cheebyekia.

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you are interested you should ask questions, not throw around accusations as if they are facts.

Do you even think you can get the answer?

Or better still like in the movie 'A few Good men' where Jack Nicholson shouted :

Do you want the truth?

CAN YOU EVEN TAKE THE TRUTH?

You Sinkie are sheep for slaughter so don't even dare ask the slaughter for the truth ..

On anything!

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

The fact the the m&d's debt has been piling up and I know that banks do you the debtor a chance to repay or work out a scheme of repayment but this m&d apparently failed to followed thru in such repayment given ample time.

So one would ask with all these added in, given the time when the m&d's employer SPF even knew he made a false declaration of non-indebtness to the present event, where do this old man fit in?

This old man or with his son also involved, must have dealing with this m&d and these dealing isn't so clean that the m&d can go hounding him for money.
His salary is easily 50k per annum, and with some discipline, paying off the debt is possible. He doesn't have a car, lives in modest hdb flat, and does not gamble and drink. The police says his debt is due domestic issue, so likely medical bills or borrowed money for a poor investment.

I think he has been introducing business to the victim, which is why he knows workshop location. Quite likely he went to see victim as last resort to borrow some money, and was rudely refused. The son likely to be bystander.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Dis Ramat spend all his moni n incurred high debts on clubbing...haizz...nothing 2 say...

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do you even think you can get the answer?

Or better still like in the movie 'A few Good men' where Jack Nicholson shouted :

Do you want the truth?

CAN YOU EVEN TAKE THE TRUTH?

You Sinkie are sheep for slaughter so don't even dare ask the slaughter for the truth ..

On anything!

Relax sister, all will be good...

jw5

Loyal

Latest article from yahoo news.

Younger victim in Kovan murder case was “family-oriented”, “generous”: his uncle
By Chiu Peace | Yahoo! Newsroom – 36 minutes ago.

“Honest”, “family-oriented”, “generous” and “nice”: those were the impressions relatives and neighbours had of 42-year-old Tan Chee Heong. So it came to them as a rude shock when he, and his father, 67-year-old Tan Boon Sin, were involved in a gruesome murder case in Kovan last Wednesday.

Ong Boon Kok, 49, the brother-in-law of the older victim and the uncle of the younger victim, told Yahoo! Singapore on Sunday that his nephew was “like a brother to him”. Ong, who is the owner of a production house, also said the younger victim, the older victim’s eldest son, cared a lot for his family, even beyond his nuclear family (his wife and his sons, one 10 years old and the other 3 years old).

When the family first broke the news to the children on Friday, they cried a lot, said Ong. But he said with the family’s support and close-knit bond, the children are coping better and have started to turn their sorrows to tributes for their father and grandfather.

“The kids have been drawing and making cards for their father and grandfather, writing ‘Daddy, I miss you’,” said Ong.

Ong also revealed that the younger victim’s compassion was not only for his family.

Ong said his nephew was “generous”, citing an example of him donating money to build roads in the Fujian province in China, which is also his hometown.

One of his neighbours, who declined to be named, chimed in, saying the younger Tan was “a nice guy just like his dad”.

The neighbour added that their families have known each other for more than ten years.

He also said that their children know each other well too.

Not involved in disputes, financial difficulties

The neighbour said that he did not witness the younger Tan being involved in any disputes.

Ong also revealed that the family had not seen or known of the suspect prior to his arrest.

A report by the Straits Times said that the younger Tan was a director and shareholder at Aspern Singapore, an electronics products company.

According to a sales executive at the firm, who gave her name as Vivian, and the firm which does Aspern’s bookkeeping, the company was not in any financial trouble and its business was “healthy”.

Ong also took the opportunity to thank the public for providing information to the police quickly so that they can proceed with the case.

He also thanked the children's school for their support, saying the teachers and counselors have gone down to visit them.

Wishing

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Kovan double murder: Fighting could be heard from home

Family members claim bodies of Kovan double murder victims

By Hetty Musfirah Abdul Khamid and Evelyn Lam

POSTED: 14 Jul 2013 8:27 PM
UPDATED: 14 Jul 2013 11:12 PM

kovan-double-murder-wake.jpg

The family of Mr Tan Boon Sin, 67, and his son Tan Chee Heong, 42, the victims of the Kovan double murder, hold funeral rites. (Photo: Ernest Chua, TODAY)

SINGAPORE: Family members of Wednesday's double murder in Kovan have claimed the bodies of the two men.

Relatives and friends were at the mortuary on Sunday morning.

The wake for 67-year-old Tan Boon Sin and his 42-year-old son, Tan Chee Heong, will be held for three days at the Teochew Funeral Parlour at Ubi Road 4.

The men were allegedly killed by 34-year-old Iskandar Rahmat, a former police officer.

Iskandar, who was arrested in Johor Bahru on Friday night, will be charged in court on Monday morning.

It is understood he is currently being held at the Police Cantonment Complex.

Family members said they still do not know of Iskandar's relations with the victims.

They were also unaware that the older Mr Tan had made a police report over theft in November, where Iskandar was the duty officer.

Ong Boon Kok, the older Mr Tan’s brother-in-law, said: "We have no idea either. My brother-in-law and my nephew, we were close, but of course their actual working situation, we don't know."

Madam Tan, a relative of the victims, said: "We're very thankful to the police, they were able to very quickly find out who did it, and let us have a peace of mind. After more than 50 hours, they were able to find out, and the government also stepped in, and comforted and showed concern."

On Sunday evening, Commissioner of Police Ng Joo Hee attended the wake.

A police spokesperson said Commissioner Ng expressed his condolences to the family.

He also handed personal letters from Deputy Prime Minister and Home Affairs Minister Teo Chee Hean to the victims' family.

- CNA/xq