• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KNN...darren ng gangster friend threaten cameraman at funeral...

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
you mean those reporters dont know the family and friends are mourning , and must go to funeral parlour to prove it ? even if the wake is held at funeral parlour , do you think the reporter will not go ?? :wink:

What I'm trying to say is: what's wrong with being filmed? The only people who wanted to obstruct filming were the so called "friends" of Darren Ng and one kaypoh auntie who only knew that she had to be angry after seeing others being angry. :biggrin:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
the false sense of protecting Darren and his family, to ease their own guilt

And what were they protecting them from? As I've said, it's only the insecure who doesn't want to be seen. There's nothing wrong, immoral or illegal with filming a funeral procession.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What I'm trying to say is: what's wrong with being filmed? The only people who wanted to obstruct filming were the so called "friends" of Darren Ng and one kaypoh auntie who only knew that she had to be angry after seeing others being angry. :biggrin:

whats wrong being filmed ? are you that insensative ? people are mourning ....for fuck sake !!! and the victim is not LKY wife !!!:wink: they dont need such wrong attention at the wrong time . give them some space ...the victim family already paiseh and had suffer enough ...

those who think its ok to film people mourning is because they are happy to see people suffer or they are just kaypo :wink:

Last edited:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually these gangsters are not concerned whether the camera crew is filming Darren's funeral procession. They are concerned that their faces are on camera and going to be on national tv. Those who got angry, got angry because they see their friends are angry. Like that auntie, she also got angry because she saw those gangster boys are angry and she thinks the camera crew are disturbing the family in grieve which is actually not so.

Tell me how are the camera crew disturbing the family in grieve if they are standing at least 50-80metres away from the procession?

It is not the 1st time the media take photos or footage of funeral procession of those who were murdered. Huang Na's case for instance. But it is the 1st time (correct me if I am wrong) a group of gangsters set upon a camera crew telling them not to film.

And who are these gangsters from? The friends? If the family of the deceased requested the camera crew not to film, I believed they would listen.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually these gangsters are not concerned whether the camera crew is filming Darren's funeral procession. They are concerned that their faces are on camera and going to be on national tv. Those who got angry, got angry because they see their friends are angry. Like that auntie, she also got angry because she saw those gangster boys are angry and she thinks the camera crew are disturbing the family in grieve which is actually not so.

Tell me how are the camera crew disturbing the family in grieve if they are standing at least 50-80metres away from the procession?

It is not the 1st time the media take photos or footage of funeral procession of those who were murdered. Huang Na's case for instance. But it is the 1st time (correct me if I am wrong) a group of gangsters set upon a camera crew telling them not to film.

And who are these gangsters from? The friends? If the family of the deceased requested the camera crew not to film, I believed they would listen.

i believe that those young punk overheard the victim family saying they are paiseh because have TV-crew around ...so they try to help out the family by asking those reporter not to film .

as for huang na case , her mother wanted singaporean to donate money base on her daughter death ...i call it free publicity to collect more sympathy donation from stupid singaporean .

Last edited:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
i believe that those young punk overheard the victim family saying they are paiseh because have TV-crew around ...so they try to help out the family by asking those reporter not to film .

as for huang na case , her mother wanted singaporean to donate money base on her daughter death ...i call it free publicity to collect more sympathy donation from stupid singaporean .

Anyway whatever has been said, the filming was already done. This incident will not prevent the news crew from filming again in future. The reason why it got into a fracas was because of these group of young beng-ish gangsters. If they were alone, they will just let the camera crew take.

Latest news is the two gangs involved in DTE are going to be investigated. It has escalated from a staring incident to a rioting incident with someone who was killed.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anyway whatever has been said, the filming was already done. This incident will not prevent the news crew from filming again in future. The reason why it got into a fracas was because of these group of young beng-ish gangsters. If they were alone, they will just let the camera crew take.

Latest news is the two gangs involved in DTE are going to be investigated. It has escalated from a staring incident to a rioting incident with someone who was killed.

by the way ..i dont think its just a simple staring incident ...there must be story behind it . im not supporting those young punk ..i just pity their parents ..

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a saying," birds of a feather, flock together."

The friends you mixed with will most likely be reflected on your character. You see darren friend's are so aggressive and wanted to fight with the cameraman, very likely darren is also a aggressive person too. Maybe darren after staring the other party, further more go and provoke the other party which resulted in his death.

If darren say sorry to the other party and apologised even if not his fault, darren will not have to die. This is not Hong Kong or Malaysia when the gangsters are very violent even if you apologised.

Singapore gangsters, if you apologised, and they have face, they will just let you go. Maybe darren watched too much 'Ip Man' movies and thinks he can one fight against many. What a pity!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reminds me of the many reporters at the Subordinate Courts. When there is a case of public interest, which usually equates to a high profile case, reporters, videomen and photographers will do their best to get the best.

Friends and relatives will then use umbrellas, handbags, newspapers or their bodies to block photos being taken. All this done in close proximity.

Darren's funeral differs. The press chaps were across the road. Nothing mentioned they were at the wake or in close proximity with the mourners. Press chaps were already being sensitive by positioning themselves across the road.

The police should have anticipated this problem, sent uniformed and/or plainclothes officers there to ensure no breach of public peace. If they were present, would friends of Darren behave so aggressively?

On second thoughts, it might have been a blessing the police weren't around. If they were and this incident took place, that would be embarrassing.

michael_368

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a saying," birds of a feather, flock together."

The friends you mixed with will most likely be reflected on your character. You see darren friend's are so aggressive and wanted to fight with the cameraman, very likely darren is also a aggressive person too. Maybe darren after staring the other party, further more go and provoke the other party which resulted in his death.

If darren say sorry to the other party and apologised even if not his fault, darren will not have to die. This is not Hong Kong or Malaysia when the gangsters are very violent even if you apologised.

Singapore gangsters, if you apologised, and they have face, they will just let you go. Maybe darren watched too much 'Ip Man' movies and thinks he can one fight against many. What a pity!

I seconded to what you have said..he mixed with the wrong company of "friends" he had. pity!

dariobadis

Alfrescian
Loyal
News crew are no angels.. and trust me, they would have edited the footage to show the worst possible of these teens.

The family has the right to privacy. These teens asked politely but the fucked up TV crew carries on to "do their job".

If our news crew are doing their job, they would be reporting on all the fucked ups this government did instead of picking on kids.
Geez, you guys are really dumb for your opinion to be so easily swayed.

well said. i'm not favouring the way the teens behave, but the family really deserves the right to privacy. TV crews shld dig out more truth or news for singaporean to read instead, eg; LRT hit technician, Quan yifeng and taxi driver case or go interview lky abt the death of his wife la.

Alfrescian
Loyal
well said. i'm not favouring the way the teens behave, but the family really deserves the right to privacy. TV crews shld dig out more truth or news for singaporean to read instead, eg; LRT hit technician, Quan yifeng and taxi driver case or go interview lky abt the death of his wife la.

TV had the right to video the possession. The teens should not have interfere the filming. What they did not know, eventually the truth released. Darren's friends
make a fool of themselves. We can see the video and you be the judge. If you watch the video again, towards the end of video, there is one who wore black who almost want to engage a fight with the cameraman and lastly one in white who is totally shaken and upset also in rage. They had exposed themselves.

Last edited:

dariobadis

Alfrescian
Loyal
TV had the right to video the possession. The teens should not have interfere the filming. What they did not know, eventually the truth released. Darren's friends
make a fool of themselves. We can see the video and you be the judge. If you watch the video again, towards the end of video, there is one who wore black who almost want to engage a fight with the cameraman and lastly one in white who is totally shaken and upset also in rage. They had exposed themselves.

Yes reporters are suppose to be have rights to report or write the truth of everything. but ppl are feeling upset and mourning over a death,asking them to stop they shld at least respect them la. moreover teens usually have lower EQ. why didn't our reporters report or follow up certain cases going on in Singapore? eg; LRT cock up case etc...