• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kids don't play this stuff anymore

Doubblur

Alfrescian
Loyal
When my son was a kid, I bought him Lego and Playmobile. Anybody still remember what's that? His favorite shopping centre was People's Park OG where the latest toys and addons were available. Then across the road was Garment Childswear for latest children cartoon T-shirts.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you kidding? Of course they play with Legos. Playmobile less so. Legos have their minifigures that look somewhat like Playmobile. Johore is opening their Legoland this year! Check it out.

geylangchickenloyangduck

Alfrescian
Loyal
nah beh...nowadays all the si gi nah all playing with ipads, iphone, who still interested in those old fashion tin plated toys?

lego still have people play lah...but all grown up men who can splash the cash and buy expensive collections. And mudland still build legoland - shows it still have some sort of attraction

its like kweys, always a timeless piece of toy, one for boys and one for men.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Past thru LEGO land not very big.
Now kids play with Ipad. Give them they will play them self will not cry and disturb u anymore.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
lego still have people play lah...but all grown up men who can splash the cash and buy expensive collections. And mudland still build legoland - shows it still have some sort of attraction

Ya, some sets are not cheap. But the kids build, then take apart and invent new things with them. I don't mind spending money on them.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think kids dun 'play' with airfix or tamiya now also.
What about matchbox, gorgi, majorette cars....US hot wheels came later.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think kids dun 'play' with airfix or tamiya now also.
What about matchbox, gorgi, majorette cars....US hot wheels came later.

In the past there were still these foam cutout planes, fix them up and they're a few hours of fun.

Unfortunate thing is that it's darn flimsy, breaks after a short while.

Doubblur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lego and Playmobile were fun and creative for children. In my old home I had a glass cabinet. My son after a few weeks fiddling with his Lego and Playmobile until bored, I told him to assemble a proper display for the glass cabinet. He made up everything from medieval castle, cowboy town, red Indian village, airport to space station through the years. Then he discovered computer, dragged me to a computer shop in Sim Lim Tower to buy a Pineapple computer. What's a Pineapple computer, I asked. He said just cheapo imitation of a real Apple computer at less than half price of the real thing. What's a real Apple computer then? OK, nevermind.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the past there were still these foam cutout planes, fix them up and they're a few hours of fun.

Unfortunate thing is that it's darn flimsy, breaks after a short while.

Still got, at neighbourhood shops. There is a whole series of WWII fighter planes.

I think kids are flexible. They will play with whatever you throw at them. Of course, the easiest is to throw them an ipad, and that's what most of them play with nowadays.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Then he discovered computer, dragged me to a computer shop in Sim Lim Tower to buy a Pineapple computer. What's a Pineapple computer, I asked. He said just cheapo imitation of a real Apple computer at less than half price of the real thing. What's a real Apple computer then? OK, nevermind.

They used to called them Hackintos awhile back.

It's a Windows based PC hacked to run Apple's OS if i've not mistaken.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Still got, at neighbourhood shops. There is a whole series of WWII fighter planes.

I think kids are flexible. They will play with whatever you throw at them. Of course, the easiest is to throw them an ipad, and that's what most of them play with nowadays.

Don't think they play with them anymore, at least not at around my neighbourhood.

iPad / iPhone is indeed the in thing amoung kids now, just overheard one telling another kid to upgrade his ipad 2 to the new ipad.

KNN si gina, im still using ipad 1 and i use it for work. :biggrin:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me onli have this to play ...

7900018.jpg

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Or Subbuteo table soccer?
Remember holland CC had a table pitch in the 70s....

He..He..He.. Yes Subbuteo was quite hot back then.. Remembered dragging my father to Emporium to buy a set.. The figures can break easily.. Had to buy many glues to fix the legs back..

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lego is alive and well and still going strong. There are Lego online games as well. What is better than Lego imo are the Meccano Sets that I used to play as a kid.