• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Khong Guan biscuits up the lorry

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is he on i-mode or had he gone back to suckle mama dog?

He came back to v-mode today but after bro vamjok exposed his BS he has gone into hif (hide-his-face) mode.

He is now having reservations about suckling mama dog as part of his renewed vigilance against melamine poisoning.:p

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's call it a night then, who knows he may have just left his comp on while he snuggles up mama's breast. There's always tomorrow.:wink:

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear moniker Vamjok, you are right that LD50 does not reflect long term toxicity effects. Perhaps in hind sight, a longer and more rigidly constructed version to explain this issue in this forum should have been adopted. But as you have mentioned the nature of how some monikers treat this forum, that sometimes raises reservations.

I am sure you are a learned man on this subject matter and perhaps could help better educate forumers here about food safety. The point is to educate forumers here not to confuse political rhetoric and personal grievances against the government, with
the understanding of the scientific issues and problems involved. Changing governments does not change the scientific issues and problems involved. If our opposition were to lead the next parliament tomorrow, the food safety problems would still be the same. If our forummers are not educated about these issues, unhelpful blame games will continue without benefiting the welfare of Singaporeans.

Institutions have to evolve and adapt as new scientific results change previous preconceptions. But institutions, including countries are made of people and people should also evolve and think objectively and constructively. Singapore is trying and practising greater degrees of democracy and freedom. It would be most unfortunate for Singapore to move back to stricter control of speech and action of Singaporeans, if that is deemed as the best approach to ensure the best possible welfare for the people. Democracy by itself is never known to feed anyone. However, if the Singapore economy is to move to another higher level, more freedom that facilitates constructive thinking is necessary, for opportunities of more value creation.

What was intended was to highlight the known inherent weakness of LD50 tests. It only reflects short term adverse effects. Long term adverse effects are difficult and costly to study and, thus, even less studied. LD50 tests are usually limited to a single chemical compound test. Thus, the effects of different chemical interactions we are exposed to which constitutes a lethal dosage are more difficult and costlier to ascertain.

If moniker Vamjok has better insights on the issue of food safety and the current vulnerability that everyone in the world has to contend with, it would be most appreciated if you could share them in this forum. As far as I understand about the pervasiveness of POPs and the possible harm they can cause to humans, there is virtually no place in the world one can migrate or escape to, to avoid its presence. I am sure moniker Vamjok is a moniker who supports freedom that promotes constructive and objective thought and expression.

Last edited:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear moniker Vamjok, you are right that LD50 does not reflect long term toxicity effects. Perhaps in hind sight, a longer and more rigidly constructed version to explain this issue in this forum should have been adopted. But as you have mentioned the nature of how some monikers treat this forum, that sometimes raises reservations.

I am sure you are a learned man on this subject matter and perhaps could help better educate forumers here about food safety. The point is to educate forumers here not to confuse political rhetoric and personal grievances against the government, with
the understanding of the scientific issues and problems involved. Changing governments does not change the scientific issues and problems involved. If our opposition were to lead the next parliament tomorrow, the food safety problems would still be the same. If our forummers are not educated about these issues, unhelpful blame games will continue without benefiting the welfare of Singaporeans.

Institutions have to evolve and adapt as new scientific results change previous preconceptions. But institutions, including countries are made of people and people should also evolve and think objectively and constructively. Singapore is trying and practising greater degrees of democracy and freedom. It would be most unfortunate for Singapore to move back to stricter control of speech and action of Singaporeans, if that is deemed as the best approach to ensure the best possible welfare for the people. Democracy by itself is never known to feed anyone. However, if the Singapore economy is to move to another higher level, more freedom that facilitates constructive thinking is necessary, for opportunities of more value creation.

What was intended was to highlight the known inherent weakness of LD50 tests. It only reflects short term adverse effects. Long term adverse effects are difficult and costly to study and, thus, even less studied. LD50 tests are usually limited to a single chemical compound test. Thus, the effects of different chemical interactions we are exposed to which constitutes a lethal dosage are more difficult and costlier to ascertain.

If moniker Vamjok has better insights on the issue of food safety and the current vulnerability that everyone in the world has to contend with, it would be most appreciated if you could share them in this forum. As far as I understand about the pervasiness of POPs and the possible harm they can cause to humans, there is virtually no place in the world one can migrate or escape to, to avoid its presence. I am sure moniker Vamjok is a moniker who supports freedom that promotes constructive and objective thought and expression.

Are you the lead actor in...

talkingcock.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sad, i still support my fav biscuit company

can they sell saf hard tag biscuit in NTUC ?

i tried the japs, south korea hard tag biscuit, cannot cut it, saf hard tag much better.

i miss hard tag biscuit.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for highlighting the spelling error. It should be "pervasiveness" and it has been rectified.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

If moniker Vamjok has better insights on the issue of food safety and the current vulnerability that everyone in the world has to contend with, it would be most appreciated if you could share them in this forum. As far as I understand about the pervasiveness of POPs and the possible harm they can cause to humans, there is virtually no place in the world one can migrate or escape to, to avoid its presence. I am sure moniker Vamjok is a moniker who supports freedom that promotes constructive and objective thought and expression.

wah lan ey, my phd boss who is a medicinal chemist, talk also not as chim and long winded as you. i must say you have a talent in twisting around and lead others off topic. wrong means wrong la, twist one whole big round to smoke people

i am a science person, my english and grammar isn't as polish as yours. but i am straight forward and to the point.

just to rectify a few things, for your latest post regarding to chemical exposure and safety is giving more misleading info.

firstly, most of the common chemicals its long terms effects are being extensively studied. it can be easily available from msds, workplace safety and health act.

Next, LD50 was never used as a gauge for the safety limit of exposure of a worker towards a chemical. the main purpose of it is to be used as a gauge on the toxicity of the chemical. although it is too a kind of short term exposure.

HOWEVER, if you wish to talk about what long term and short term etc, its make more sense to a chemist if you are using the term TWA and PEL.

sorry i am a bit lazy to explain it, knn i come forum to talk cock sing song not to stress myself. maybe its because i am a chemist myself, when i saw others spreading misleading information with regards to my work, i cannot ta han.

i have nothing against you personally in fact i enjoy some of your crap post.
BUT i simply cannot stand people spreading bullshit about technical sci information.

Last edited:

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for your reply. First, I must say, I am not a chemist, so I will not use terms like TWA and PEL. What I understand personally is based on casual discussions with chemists overseas involved in food production and was informed about the problems involved in food safety. Since they were chemists, they had issues concering ethics of food safety, human health and reconciling the bottom line for companies. What I write is more a less what the contents from those discussions. As far as what those chemists have told me, they are not very comfortable with the long term effects of chemicals found in foods, in spite that they may have been approved by the relevant authorities. Standards also vary from country to country, level of enforcement aside. The point here is concentrations permitted in a food product does not mean it is safe safe over extended periods of time. That is what I was told.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
kao, if what you wrote is only a smal portion of what you had discuss with those clowns, i do not wish to see the bigger picture.

sometimes i wonder how the hell some people graduate with a phd or degree

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
*CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* Thus far, THIS IS THE BEST TEXTBOOK ANSWER !!

CONGRA-TIU-LEI-TION !!!

Ask Wong Kan Seng about what needs done to contain the terrorists in Singapore? This is his reply," We will take appropriate actions, at the appropriate time and place with the appropriate measures"

What and when is appropriate ? I would also like to know when is the appropriate time, date, and place to screw his arse !!

Can you see the commonality between both of you ??

We must be vigilant of the food security in Singapore. Our lives depend on it.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for your reply. Different countries have different levels and standards of certification, in spite of international accreditation. The Bologna Accords, for example, may raise some surprising results, as it implements a common EU standard for EU academic degrees and quality. One must not forget that foreign Phd and Masters holders whom you may take issue with, may work for top MNCs with high positions and status. While there may be uncertainty in the quality of foreign universities, the local universities in Singapore are of worldclass ranking and there should be no doubt of our graduares, at Bachelors, Masters or Phd levels. I hope you do not lay doubt to our local world class univerities too.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah lan ey, my phd boss who is a medicinal chemist, talk also not as chim and long winded as you. i must say you have a talent in twisting around and lead others off topic. wrong means wrong la, twist one whole big round to smoke people.

Dear vamjok,

Now that you have a first hand experience with this BS king, I am sure you have a clearer picture of what I told you in the other thread.

cheers:smile:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear vamjok,

Now that you have a first hand experience with this BS king, I am sure you have a clearer picture of what I told you in the other thread.

now he is trying to brainwash me by saying NUS (No Use Studying) is world class

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
*CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* Thus far, THIS IS THE BEST TEXTBOOK ANSWER !!

CONGRA-TIU-LEI-TION !!!

Ask Wong Kan Seng about what needs done to contain the terrorists in Singapore? This is his reply," We will take appropriate actions, at the appropriate time and place with the appropriate measures"

What and when is appropriate ? I would also like to know when is the appropriate time, date, and place to screw his arse !!

Can you see the commonality between both of you ??

Dear kuntakinte,

He has already slimed away from the "vigilance" BS. He won't respond to you when he is caught for BS.

Good example is his last reply to vamjok, as a matter of fact, it is a non-reply and then as his usual follow up, he makes a thinly veiled accusation at vamjok for exposing his BS.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
now he is trying to brainwash me by saying NUS (No Use Studying) is world class

Dear vamjok,

Of course. That's his SOP. It's pretty obvious where he learnt these tactics from.

His SOP is:

Step 1: Post BS
Step 2: If exposed for BS, talk about the sun, the moon and the stars but never about the subject on hand. If this fails,
Step 3: He makes a thinly veiled accusation to throw you off. If this doesn't work, loop back to step1.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damned !! DIVISION1 is just another wasted condom !! ejaculated before doing it !!

Dear kuntakinte,

He has already slimed away from the "vigilance" BS. He won't respond to you when he is caught for BS.

Good example is his last reply to vamjok, as a matter of fact, it is a non-reply and then as his usual follow up, he makes a thinly veiled accusation at vamjok for exposing his BS.