• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KHAW: Disaster if WP forms the Government

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP will be contesting in Tampines, its Chairman Sylvia Lim said. Is that helping NSP to grow? I seriously doubt so.

Talk is cheap, action speaks louder.
Goh Meng Seng

They will not rule out that possiblity if MBT continue to rein in Tampines and if NSP did not show any confident of capturing it. Again, it is too premature to speculate as opposition parties are starting to grow and mature. The last watershed election is simply a warming up ground and serving as warning to PAP that Singapore landscape has changed so are the people emotions. Who knows, NSP might bring in another "CSM quality" candidate and WP may have to give way, provided NSP don't have internal screw up as well. In the meantime I wouldn't want to waste energy speculating what may happen in 4 years time. Singapore political environment kept evolving.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng said:

Well, make no apologies about that, really. This is after all, partisan politics in play. WP do not need to apologize to NSP for doing that, neither should NSP apologize if it so decide to contest in Aljunied GRC.

Goh Meng Seng
My suggestion is exactly to respond to people like you who are trying to pull the Opposition apart.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
So the PAP Chairman has gone onto TV and made comments to the effect that it would be disastrous for the WP to form the Government...

It is true. I am sure few here would disagree that if you pit the top 50 PAP MPs against the best 50 candidates that WP has to offer, PAP wins hands down.

insignia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clap clap but somehow, WP has poured cold water on you... WP will be contesting in Tampines, its Chairman Sylvia Lim said. Is that helping NSP to grow? I seriously doubt so.

Well, make no apologies about that, really. This is after all, partisan politics in play. WP do not need to apologize to NSP for doing that, neither should NSP apologize if it so decide to contest in Aljunied GRC.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS,

If you think that WP and NSP are on the same level, you are dead wrong.

1) WP has been around for decades. It has a legacy, starting with David Marshall, followed by JBJ, and then Low Thia Khiang.

2) WP has seven MPs and possibly one more if it retains Hougang.

3) NSP is a party with one superstar who may no longer be as hot the next time round. She may also quit the party if she finds that it is unable to match her aspirations.

It is only sensible for all opposition politicians to rally behind WP. We need one strong alternative, not several weak ones. NSP, RP, SPP, SDA are just weakening the opposition cause by fragmenting the entire movement. In terms of their own positions in the political spectrum, they are not so different from WP. Therefore, it would be a lot better for Singapore politics if there were just three parties, each representing one end of the spectrum - PAP, WP and SDP.

insignia

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is true. I am sure few here would disagree that if you pit the top 50 PAP MPs against the best 50 candidates that WP has to offer, PAP wins hands down.

That is a fair point. No arguments there.

However, if the entire opposition were united, that might not hold true.

The Top 50 PAP candidates will invariably include people like Dr Janil Puthucheary, Foo Mee Har, Tin Pei Ling, Mah Bow Tan and Wong Kan Seng. Put those 5 in a GRC team and put it up against, say, a team comprising Dr Ang Yong Guan, Gerald Giam, Nicole Seah, Glenda Han and Dr Vincent Wijeysingha. I would have no hesitation in voting for the latter. Too bad that the opposition is not united. As long as that persists, it's good news for the PAP, because it means riff raff like those mentioned above will be able to waltz into Parliament.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Win by the amount of obscene salaries they paid themselves but not by the heart to serve the people. 50 is just too big a numbers. I close my eyes, throw a grain of rice and can easily hit a moron in white who are not value for money.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's what you need to form the government, sans the coalition option.

You are agreeing that the other half of man wearing white in parliament are totally useless. In earlier days, I don't think parliament even need 50 people.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP has had its fair share of growing up pains, so he shldnt be jeering at others. When he was still swimming in his Papa's balls, his Party had so many fall-outs. The biggest one was infighting between LKY and Ong Eng Guan. Then in 1963, the party split in two and Barisan sosialis was born. Was the PAP CEC in control then? The BS took away 35 branch secs at the grassroots from the PAP and they were left high and dry on tenterhooks. They could have been finished then, kaput! That's why the PAP was so desperate to go into merger with Malaysia so that the Tengku would kill off his rivals for him. So I'll tell Khaw - know yr history, know yourself. People in glasshouses better not throw stones, lest big boulders will descend on them.

Khaw is a quitter from Penang Malaysia, so what the fark does he knows about S'pore history or how much in-fighting there was within the PAP in the earlier years.

When Khaw was first appointed Minister, Woody Goh described him as zen-like and exudes a buddhist calm. Those who worked with him in NUH, MTI etc know that nothing is further from the truth and the right term to describe Khaw is "Buddhist Mouth, Snake Heart". Khaw is actually a devious man who is constantly plotting evil schemes to screw the people for more revenue to accrue to the govt. He however is good at masking his evilness by putting on a kind-hearted look. At first, the people are taken in by this. But as medical costs start skyrocketing and S'poreans are squeezed out of local hospitals as beds are reserved for overseas patients who pay higher ward charges, he was exposed, particularly when he slipped his tongue to ask S'poreans to go die in JB to save the govt costs. And he's now showing his true colors by capitalising on WP's recent mishaps not knowing as kingrant pointed out here the PAP was in a much worse shape back then. Zen-like and Buddhist calm my foot, Khaw is simply a son-of-a-bitch thats all.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When Khaw was first appointed Minister, Woody Goh described him as zen-like and exudes a buddhist calm. .

Ya, just like how GCT claimed Singaporean will enjoy "swiss standard" of livings. Khaw zen-like and exudes buddhsh calm? please lah, my neighbourhood stray cats have better looking aura than him. That is why his heart kena zipped for pretending to have buddhist heart. Insulting our beloved buddha.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This $8 Penang Laksa Scum Ah Khaw sure knows how to exaggerate things.. What disaster if WP forms the Govt?

With the PAP in Govt at this moment in time,

Are we not facing many disasters now with the influx of these Foreign Trash, the many cocked ups of our trains and the rising income gap in Spore?

Fuckin Ah Khaw, another low life PAP scumbag.. Hope he kena heart attack again..

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
display_image.php

pc_600x450.jpg
Like Uncle, like nephew. It's in the blood.

Will be disaster if Desmond become MP.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are agreeing that the other half of man wearing white in parliament are totally useless.

Not really. If the PAP plays their cards right (which they have), more than half of all MPs can be sleepers. If you haven't noticed, the GRC system favours the incumbents. For opposition to form the government, it is a necessary condition they come up with better candidates than the PAP, which is akin to asking OpenOffice (a freeware) to have better features than Microsoft Office.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really. If the PAP plays their cards right (which they have), more than half of all MPs can be sleepers. If you haven't noticed, the GRC system favours the incumbents. For opposition to form the government, it is a necessary condition they come up with better candidates than the PAP, which is akin to asking OpenOffice (a freeware) to have better features than Microsoft Office.

Not true. A good example would be Aljunied GRC. The WP MPs had been a huge disapointment to say the least. They didn't give us better MPs.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true. A good example would be Aljunied GRC. The WP MPs had been a huge disapointment to say the least. They didn't give us better MPs.

Fortunately this represents your personal point of view (echoed through your masters' mouthpiss) and not that of Aljunied residents.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

My friend lives there. He told me that illegal parking became rampant since WP took over.

Illegal parking becomes worse since WP took over? Authorities slowed down enforcement? If that's the case, what do you think are the reasons for this slow down? Political?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My friend lives there. He told me that illegal parking became rampant since WP took over.

I'm not suprised if you friend said that.. He's your fellow PAP kaki rite? :biggrin:

Illegal parking is every where in Spore lah.. You purposely highlighted this problem at Aljunied since it is an Opposition ward.. What about the illegal parking at PAP held wards? I had lived in Tampines for 18 years, and I have yet to see the MBT and co fully solving this illegal parking issue there..

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not suprised if you friend said that.. He's your fellow PAP kaki rite? :biggrin:

Illegal parking is every where in Spore lah.. You purposely highlighted this problem at Aljunied since it is an Opposition ward.. What about the illegal parking at PAP held wards? I had lived in Tampines for 18 years, and I have yet to see the MBT and co fully solving this illegal parking issue there..

I'm not PAP and neither is my friend.
We are simply neutral observers. Illegal parking became rampant at Aljunied under WP.