• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just steps down as PAP Ministar now made Keppel Chairman

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
New Keppel chairman
By Fiona Chan

Taking over Keppel is Dr Lee Boon Yang (left). -- ST PHOTO: MUGILAN RAJASEGERAN

KEPPEL Corp chairman Lim Chee Onn is stepping down after more than nine years at the helm of the industrial powerhouse.
Taking over is Dr Lee Boon Yang, until recently Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts, Keppel said in a statement on Friday.

Mr Lim, 64, and himself a former Cabinet minister, will however stay on for an unspecified period as a senior adviser.

In December, he quit as chief executive (CEO) of Keppel Corp but remained as chairman, although only in a non-executive capacity. He was replaced as CEO by Mr Choo Chiau Beng, formerly Keppel Corp's senior executive director.

Since then, he has been progressively relinquishing his roles in the Keppel group of companies.

At Keppel Land, Mr Lim is stepping down as chairman, giving way to Mr Choo with effect from April 30.

Last month, Mr Lim also ceased to be chairman and director of the board of telco M1, and stepped down as a non-executive director at k1 Ventures.

Mr Lim, together with Mr Choo and Keppel's finance director, Mr Teo Soon Hoe, has been instrumental in helping to transform Keppel.

A naval architect, he had joined Keppel Corp in 1983 as a senior executive director. On Jan 1, 2000, he became executive chairman and CEO of Keppel Corp, taking over from the late top civil servant Sim Kee Boon who was handling the restructuring of the conglomerate.

Keppel faced a turning point then. It was involved in businesses ranging from shipyards to telecommunications and banking, and had turned in a loss of $223 million for 1998, its first loss in 13 years, due to the Asian financial crisis.

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal
With his strong background as the great PAP government minister, Keppel will be proud to have such great member as their chairman.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP take good care of their dogs, running dogs. From this you can plot out the future of PAP, eternal domination in singapore until singapore disappear from the map. PAP will never fall.

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life cycle of a PAP chap:

1. Make over 10 thousand as an MP (part-time job)

2. Make millions as a minister

3. Retire from politics and make tens of millions in a GLC

And they claim to have difficulty recruiting people???

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life cycle of a PAP chap:

1. Make over 10 thousand as an MP (part-time job)

2. Make millions as a minister

3. Retire from politics and make tens of millions in a GLC

And they claim to have difficulty recruiting people???

of course difficult to recruit people

even in recession i find it difficult to recruit suitable good attitude locals for my restaurant

luckily there are good PRC and Burmese to fill the gap

luckily service industry ratio is reasonable

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
peasants suffer while these ofarts play the musical chairs...

hey spread the wealth around, lower the bloody GINI index!!!!!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LBY.jpg

HUAT AH! *HA*HA*HA*

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

even in recession i find it difficult to recruit suitable good attitude locals for my restaurant

How much you willing to pay? I am sure there are many suitable Singaporeans who have good attitude looking for a change of career up for grabs, no offer below $5k pm, this is reasonable rate, as I am sure you are good boss and want to share your profits with your fellow citizens.

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

Try paying like the PAP chaps
I'm sure you will have locals (with good attitude) lining up

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
New Keppel chairman
By Fiona Chan

Taking over Keppel is Dr Lee Boon Yang (left). -- ST PHOTO: MUGILAN RAJASEGERAN

KEPPEL Corp chairman Lim Chee Onn is stepping down after more than nine years at the helm of the industrial powerhouse.
Taking over is Dr Lee Boon Yang, until recently Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts, Keppel said in a statement on Friday.

Mr Lim, 64, and himself a former Cabinet minister, will however stay on for an unspecified period as a senior adviser.

In December, he quit as chief executive (CEO) of Keppel Corp but remained as chairman, although only in a non-executive capacity. He was replaced as CEO by Mr Choo Chiau Beng, formerly Keppel Corp's senior executive director.

Since then, he has been progressively relinquishing his roles in the Keppel group of companies.

At Keppel Land, Mr Lim is stepping down as chairman, giving way to Mr Choo with effect from April 30.

Last month, Mr Lim also ceased to be chairman and director of the board of telco M1, and stepped down as a non-executive director at k1 Ventures.

Mr Lim, together with Mr Choo and Keppel's finance director, Mr Teo Soon Hoe, has been instrumental in helping to transform Keppel.

A naval architect, he had joined Keppel Corp in 1983 as a senior executive director. On Jan 1, 2000, he became executive chairman and CEO of Keppel Corp, taking over from the late top civil servant Sim Kee Boon who was handling the restructuring of the conglomerate.

Keppel faced a turning point then. It was involved in businesses ranging from shipyards to telecommunications and banking, and had turned in a loss of $223 million for 1998, its first loss in 13 years, due to the Asian financial crisis.

Gone are the days when the PAP ministers will think of helping and looking after the welfare of Singaporeans like the well respected and passed away Ex-President Mr Ong Teng Chong.

Nowadays the PAP ministers only think about themselves and also helping themselves even when they are in Parliment or retire from politics.

What the PAP present or ex members of Parliment and ministers is always thinking of is how much money they can gain or earned during their lifetime.

Down here I can really agree with the words what Ren Ci Ming Yi monk says when he is in court and still lingers in my mind," I'm still helping people. But at the same time, I still need to take care of myself as well."

Last edited:

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gone are the days when the PAP ministers will think of helping and looking after the welfare of Singaporeans like the well respected and passed away Ex-President Mr Ong Teng Chong.

Nowadays the PAP ministers only think about themselves and also helping themselves even when they are in Parliment or retire from politics.

What the PAP present or ex members of Parliment and ministers is what or how much money they can gain or earned during their lifetime.

Down here I can really agree with the words what Ren Ci Ming Yi monk says when he is in court and still lingers in my mind," I'm still helping people. But at the same time, I still need to take care of myself as well."

Well, that's what happens when they pat each other on the back and talk about how underpaid they are compared to what their individual talents could fetch in the open mkt. Yes, ordinary working Singaporeans are beginning to feel left out of the party.