• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just send my daughter to school, hoping all will be fine

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I packed 2 masks and a small bottle of hand sanitizer for her in her school bag too. I reminded her to avoid touching too many things and stay a distance from others, and also washing her hands thoroughly whenever she can.

Hoping everything will be ok on her first day of school.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I packed 2 masks and a small bottle of hand sanitizer for her in her school bag too. I reminded her to avoid touching too many things and stay a distance from others, and also washing her hands thoroughly whenever she can.

Sending her to school is not a risk to her. It's a far greater risk to you.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

So despite all the talk you still go with sinkie herd mentality or govt instructions.

*clap*clap*clap*

What a waste of time.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Don't worry everything will be okay

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
which school is she in?
Some schools don't even allow teachers to wear masks (unless sick - but sick go school for what?).
The mask are meant for her after school. I have trained her to take the train herself during the school holidays. I told her to put on her mask once outside school compound before taking thr train.

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
So despite all the talk you still go with sinkie herd mentality or govt instructions.

*clap*clap*clap*

What a waste of time.
I am only an ordinary person with ordinary income. Whether I like it or not, I still have to comply with government instructions. Please don't be sarcastic. If I can set rules, I would, but I am just an ordinary person with a beautiful and precious daughter.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I am only an ordinary person with ordinary income. Whether I like it or not, I still have to comply with government instructions. Please don't be sarcastic. If I can set rules, I would, but I am just an ordinary person with a beautiful and precious daughter.

You can keep your daughter at home.

Anyway I understand it is very hard to go against the majority.

I do want to say again what I had said earlier. You cannot trust the government or others to make the right decisions for you. You have to make the right decisions for yourself.

Now that you have made your decision do not regret and do not blame the government and others should it go wrong.

I wish you all the best and hope that everything will be well and that you and your family keep safe.

Just remember in the end you chose to just go with the flow. So next time there is no need to think so much.

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can keep your daughter at home.

Anyway I understand it is very hard to go against the majority.

I do want to say again what I had said earlier. You cannot trust the government or others to make the right decisions for you. You have to make the right decisions for yourself.

Now that you have made your decision do not regret and do not blame the government and others should it go wrong.

I wish you all the best and hope that everything will be well and that you and your family keep safe.

Just remember in the end you chose to just go with the flow. So next time there is no need to think so much.
Thank you for your direct and frank advice.
I will leave this to fate. It's really beyond my means, but that doesn't mean I agree with the government.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Thank you for your direct and frank advice.
I will leave this to fate. It's really beyond my means, but that doesn't mean I agree with the government.
I went through the same process as you 1 week ago.

We started a facebook group asking Alberta to close the schools on Friday. I had made my mind up to keep my kids at home regardless if they closed the schools or not.

By Sunday they made the decision to close the schools.

In Singapore looks like majority agree to keep schools open and the government also supports it.

Time will tell if this was a good decision.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are doing the right thing to protect your child with mask. As far as the gahmen is concerned your child is only a statistics.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Go away you nasty unreasonable man! Why are you hounding me!

I'm sincerely concerned for your wellbeing. If you send your daughter to school she'll catch the coronavirus but she'll be asymptotic and you'll think she's fine and dandy but she's actually a Covid-19 carrier and you'll end up being infected and being older you'll end up a lot sicker. If you visit some elderly relatives before you know you're sick you'll infect them and they'll almost certainly die and their deaths will be on your conscience forever!

Keep her home I beg you.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you 1 of these parents ? KNN
KNN at 1:13 he say he met a group of parents and they cannot understand why when the numbers is increasing and schools are reopening tomolo and this is crazy KNN my uncle think the parents and lim tean are more crazy KNN nobody say school reopen your child must go KNN if never go will go db is it ? KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am only an ordinary person with ordinary income. Whether I like it or not, I still have to comply with government instructions.
KNN this type of words you dare to say :devilish: KNN my uncle think you will give bank account number to strangers now KNN

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went through the same process as you 1 week ago.

We started a facebook group asking Alberta to close the schools on Friday. I had made my mind up to keep my kids at home regardless if they closed the schools or not.

By Sunday they made the decision to close the schools.

In Singapore looks like majority agree to keep schools open and the government also supports it.

Time will tell if this was a good decision.
I don't think it's a good decision. But I don't have a choice. I had a discussion the whole of yesterday with her other parent who has parental rights of my daughter too. He is not the view that there's nothing much to worry. I always follow his advice though we are no longer together. He's usually the more intelligent one. What else can I do except to pack 2 masks, a sanitizer and nag her to wash her hands and keep away from crowds?