• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

just recd a mail from the clinic. am I ok or going to die soon?

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
lab test results

cholesterol : 2.7mmol/L
hdl-c : 1.0mmol/L
ldl-c : 1.4mmol/L
triglycerides : 1.0mmol/L

am I ok or going to die soon?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I realised at times lab test results are not accurate.
My triglycerides has never been high then suddenly at 1 Polyclinic test it went to near 4.0 I thought I might need to start on medication while doctor suggested to monitor. I then self administer omega 3 fish oil then next test was normal. I continued on fish oil it stayed normal. I then stop fish oil for a long period of time it remains normal. This shows that the test which shown very high was likely a mistake. And that the fish oil shouldn't be the elixir for my case since I have stopped taking .

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
I realised at times lab test results are not accurate.
My triglycerides has never been high then suddenly at 1 Polyclinic test it went to near 4.0 I thought I might need to start on medication while doctor suggested to monitor. I then self administer omega 3 fish oil then next test was normal. I continued on fish oil it stayed normal. I then stop fish oil for a long period of time it remains normal. This shows that the test which shown very high was likely a mistake. And that the fish oil shouldn't be the elixir for my case since I have stopped taking .
fish oil expensive?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
lab test results

cholesterol : 2.7mmol/L
hdl-c : 1.0mmol/L
ldl-c : 1.4mmol/L
triglycerides : 1.0mmol/L

am I ok or going to die soon?
We usually Will compare with previous latest results to see if the bad and good cholesterol has improved or worsened.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
fish oil expensive?
There are so many types of fish oil that I actually can't answer this question.
They all have different level of dha and epa etc.
I tried the Ocean Health not expensive. Watson always got package discounts.
Anyone can well afford it. But I read taking fish oil can cause prostrate cancer. Not sure how true is the claim.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
There are so many types of fish oil that I actually can't answer this question.
They all have different level of dha and epa etc.
I tried the Ocean Health not expensive. Watson always got package discounts.
Anyone can well afford it. But I read taking fish oil can cause prostrate cancer. Not sure how true is the claim.
take also die don't take also die. sounds like covid and the vaccine

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Every supplements has it's pros and cons
Actually we shouldn't self administer supplements. It should be coming from advice of the doctors.

Doctors are the last people on earth you should receive health advice from.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
take also die don't take also die. sounds like covid and the vaccine
I can quote 1 example.
There is a very expensive supplement that is supposed to be good for eyesight (forgot the brand) it is selling like hotcakes by tik tok seller.
But I found a official article by HSA and Fda that smokers are advised not to take it. It will cause harm. There are also some other supplements for the eyes that can cause lung cancer if we are a smoker. All these info we wouldn't know if we self administer.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doctors are the last people on earth you should receive health advice from.
Not all doctors are like that
As mentioned in previous post, it was nuh doctor who told me taking this supplement for eyes can cause lung cancer for smoker.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not all doctors are like that
As mentioned in previous post, it was nuh doctor who told me taking this supplement for eyes can cause lung cancer for smoker.

Use of beta-carotene (vitamin A) has been associated with an increased risk of lung cancer in people who smoke or who have been exposed to asbestos.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-su...ext=Use of beta-carotene has,for 5 to 8 years.

Higher intake of dietary vitamin B12 was associated with increased risk of lung cancer. This highlights the potential harmful effect of vitamin B12 supplementation for lung cancer.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...ry vitamin,12 supplementation for lung cancer.