• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Judgement reserved for hougang BE

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
Judgment reserved on Hougang by-election hearing
*Singapore*|*Updated today at 03:07 PM
By Andrea Ong

Judgment has been reserved on the High Court application by a Hougang resident regarding a by-election in her constituency.

Madam Vellama Marie Muthu, 42, a part-time cleaner, had asked the court to declare that the Prime Minister does not have the 'unfettered discretion' to decide whether and when to call a by-election.

The hearing was held in chambers at the Supreme Court on Friday morning. It lasted three and a half hours.

It was attended by Madam Vellama's lawyer, Mr M Ravi, as well as Chief Counsel David Chong and Senior State Counsel Hema Subramanian from the Attorney General's Chambers.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Judgment reserved means the judge saying, headache, all go home first and let the judge think about it.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Ramseth

Judge is going I pretend not to do anything for a month and if BE is called no more headache.

Locke

QUOTE=Ramseth;1010547]Judgment reserved means the judge saying, headache, all go home first and let the judge think about it.[/QUOTE]

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Judge is going I pretend not to do anything for a month and if BE is called no more headache.

You're as smart as ever. Didn't waste your LSE education. That'd be the best outcome the judge is hoping for. PM caves in to political pressure and call BE. Auto case closed and nothing to do with the judge constitutionally whatever the outcome. If PM doesn't call BE within a month or two, the pressure is still on PM.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Judgement reserved simply means the judge is awaiting instructions from PAP as far as Singapore goes.

Meanwhile,LHL will cite sub judice contempt as a reason for not saying anything about Hougang BE.

Now you know why PAP needs a beholden judiciary.

So folks would be wondering had Ravi shut his mouth,things won't be that bad.But the court cannot drag it's feet too long.So,basically all this wayang to give PAP time o wonder and ponder.But what the fuck for me wonder...if I were PAP I would rather get this matter over soon than make a bigger mess.

Balancemind

Alfrescian
Loyal
justice delayed is justice denied!

As usual it's all about timing to look good and partial. Judge is now sitting on the matter and the moment when PM is ready to call for BE he will come out to deliver his judgement to make the citizens happy. His ruling will be that BE should be called within may be 14 days from the date of his judgement and everyone clap silly and the BE get underway. The judiciary comes out smelling like a rose and the PM says there is a fair judiciary so I comply with the order. Now all of you don't you ever dare to call our learned men on the bench kangaroo again. OK :p

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
we need a judiciary that will uphold justice and not help the government to ruin or run over lives.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As usual it's all about timing to look good and partial. Judge is now sitting on the matter and the moment when PM is ready to call for BE he will come out to deliver his judgement to make the citizens happy. His ruling will be that BE should be called within may be 14 days from the date of his judgement and everyone clap silly and the BE get underway. The judiciary comes out smelling like a rose and the PM says there is a fair judiciary so I comply with the order. Now all of you don't you ever dare to call our learned men on the bench kangaroo again. OK :p

Smelling like a rose but walks like a kangaroo out of bounce.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The base question is still why LHL wants to delay BE as long as possible and even put it through the court to delay longer than possible. Remember what he said in 2006? Two or three opposition MPs he could handle but more than that he'd be spending all his time trying to fix opposition instead of managing the nation.

Since 2011, opposition has 9 (6 WP MPs + 2 WP NCMPs + 1 SPP NCMP). Now minus one with the YSL expulsion. Why should LHL be in a hurry to restore it back to 9? Let the WP Aljunied MPs rotate and take care of Hougang. If Hougang voters become disgruntled by any failing or neglect, it's WP fault, not PAP fault.