• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Joseph Schooling : "Of course I'd be upset if I had to end my swimming career now to serve NS!"

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He is certain, however, he will not throw in the towel on his career.

He said: "Some people will just pull the plug, and that's fine.

"I just don't see myself being able to, not because I'm trying to hold on to something, but because there's just so much more to be done, and so much more that can be improved on.

"So, it is what it is, it sucks, it's over. Let's go for the next one."

That "next one", his long-time coach Sergio Lopez told ST after his race on Thursday, could be the Asian Games in Hangzhou in 13 months' time. Schooling agreed that the Asiad, where he is the two-time defending champion in the 100m fly, could be his next big goal.

National Service (NS), however, looms and while he has spoken plainly about his ease at having to conscript if not given another deferment by the Ministry of Defence, he hoped it would not be before Hangzhou.

"That (being called up to serve NS) would be tough for sure, because I have got so much more left in the tank," he said.

"And if I get my mind to come around and accept that this is the process and this is what we need to do, and go full throttle towards it, to not be in control of my future and…. not being able to do it, yeah, of course I'd be upset.

"I don't want to end like this. I know that the window is still wide open. We have an opportunity. And as long as I believe that I can get better, of course I'd be upset. Who wouldn't?"

He also said he has been moved by the reaction on social media, noting there has been a lot of "empathy" shown to him by Singaporeans despite his disappointing outing in Tokyo.

"And with everything that we've gone through I am surprised how many people - whether I talked to them on a daily, weekly, once a year, once a decade - have come out, show their support and say like we're all with you," he said.

"I haven't seen any negative comments, at least directly to me. I'm sure there will be - it's part of the job. But at the end of the day I just focus on the positives."

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/...after-poor-show-but-promises-theres-much-more

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
sounds like he is reluctant to serve NS and probably he will have lots of excuses not to even serve reservist obligations.
I don't think SAF will tekan him like the recruits at Pasir Ris

Screen-Shot-2021-07-27-at-8.36.21-PM.png

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...-disciplined-recruits-pasir-ris-mask-15312128

Touchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I forgot, its a privilege. I am sure Schooling will cheong to serve NS, correct me if I am wrong Schooling

ZJH5xsl.gif

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"That (being called up to serve NS) would be tough for sure, because I have got so much more left in the tank," he said.

5f7edb743bf46eb9e237facc_What%20Causes%20A%20Big%20Belly%20In%20Women-1.jpg

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...-so-much-more-left-in-the-tank.6567485/page-3

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I haven't seen any negative comments, at least directly to me. I'm sure there will be - it's part of the job. But at the end of the day I just focus on the positives."

There are plenty dissing you here: https://tinyurI.com/2vvswvdj

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Foreigners including CECA do not need to serve NS and get good jobs here and those who are PR's can buy HDB -so what's the issue here?
You want him to sacrifice himself to protect all these foreign talents?
All these China ping pong players representing Singapore -how many serve NS-just name me one

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe he can go to jail. Jail can still train for Olympics, but auto-exempted from NS.

Two birds, one stone.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I forgot, its a privilege. I am sure Schooling will cheong to serve NS, correct me if I am wrong Schooling

ZJH5xsl.gif
This PAP MP Lim Wee Kiat said it aptly : NS is a privilege. So Schooling should be proud to wear green and serve the country passionately like all other Singaporeans.
And if he like an army career,we hope he can progress to become a general to protect the interests of Singapore.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreigners including CECA do not need to serve NS and get good jobs here and those who are PR's can buy HDB -so what's the issue here?
You want him to sacrifice himself to protect all these foreign talents?
All these China ping pong players representing Singapore -how many serve NS-just name me one

So sad. Evil LKY installed NS jail for Sinkies .

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
FUCKING TOO MANY WOMEN, ATE GOOD FOOD, DROVE FAST CARS RELAXING TILL 1 MTH B4 O LUM PEAK
DURING LAST DITCH TRAINING KEPT MUMB NON TIMINGS...................ALL THESE TOLD A TALE. AT LEAST MOST OF US KNOW HE WILL NOT WIN BUT HE HELD ON TO THE FICTION TILL THE END..................FINISHED LAST AT 53s
SERVE HIM RIGHT