• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Join the boycott group at facebook.....

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
31117_387994788930_694253930_4088004_6897927_n.jpg
:biggrin:

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny leh, is the angmohs FIFA who was exploiting and demanding sky high telecast fees from Singapore, how come nobody want to F them? Angmohs tua kee?

G

Guile

May 20, 2010
Singtel, Starhub face revolt

starhubsingtel.jpg

SINGAPORE Telecommunications and StarHub, Singapore's two cable-TV providers, face a protest from more than 20,000 soccer fans after raising fees to watch next month's World Cup sevenfold to the highest in Asia, Bloomberg News reported on Thursday.

The increase from the previous tournament four years ago, announced May 7, prompted local resident John Chua to rally disaffected fans on a Facebook page, including Kelvin Chan, who plans a public demonstration next month.

Some viewers will instead tune in to free-to-air broadcasts of the games from neighbouring countries, Mr Chua said. 'It's a clear case of exploitation pricing,' he said in an e-mail. 'They have no concern for the public even under this economy crisis and think that we will pay regardless.'

SingTel and StarHub paid $15 million for the rights, triple the amount StarHub paid in 2006, a report said on May 1, citing people it didn't identify. The two companies declined to say how much they paid because of confidentiality agreements.

Mr Chan plans to organise a demonstration at Speakers' Corner, a venue allocated for public protests, pending government approval, he said in an e-mail, Bloomberg said. The Facebook protest group, which had 20,600 members as of Wednesday, was formed two days after SingTel and StarHub said they will charge existing subscribers $70.62 if they sign up by May 31, or $94.16 thereafter to watch the month-long tournament that starts June 11 in South Africa. For the 2006 World Cup, StarHub charged early subscribers $10.50.

Bloomberg reported that Mr Chua's group plans to print t-shirts that say 'I choose not to subscribe,' and red cards that say 'You're Off! SingTel, StarHub,' mimicking the cards referees use to eject soccer players for foul play.

'I didn't expect such a strong response,' Mr Chua said. 'I am very proud that everybody is standing united against something that is wrong.'

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Funny leh, is the angmohs FIFA who was exploiting and demanding sky high telecast fees from Singapore, how come nobody want to F them? Angmohs tua kee?

Nobody's FORCING sinkies to watch "Ang Moh" football.:rolleyes: If you don't wanna cough up the dough, then don't. You have the option of watching the Lions and S league instead.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Funny, nobody heard anything about FIFA demanding sky-high price from Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand etc. It's Singapore's civil war between StarHub and SingTel that drives up the price. Anyway, I don't see what's the problem. I've posted a few times already. Might as well repeat again. Just go Geylang or Serangoon and buy an antennae booster. It's somewhere between $10 to $30 depending on model.

StarHub can jam cable points for all they want. It's theirs to jam or screw or whatever. The most they can block is RTM1. If StarHub and/or SingTel try to scramble free-to-air frequencies, they'd better pray that there're no air crashes, whether civil or military, in Singapore during World Cup month.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny, nobody heard anything about FIFA demanding sky-high price from Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand etc. It's Singapore's civil war between StarHub and SingTel that drives up the price. Anyway, I don't see what's the problem. I've posted a few times already. Might as well repeat again. Just go Geylang or Serangoon and buy an antennae booster. It's somewhere between $10 to $30 depending on model.

StarHub can jam cable points for all they want. It's theirs to jam or screw or whatever. The most they can block is RTM1. If StarHub and/or SingTel try to scramble free-to-air frequencies, they'd better pray that there're no air crashes, whether civil or military, in Singapore during World Cup month.

Ok vote GMS into the parliament everything can change!

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Funny, nobody heard anything about FIFA demanding sky-high price from Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand etc. It's Singapore's civil war between StarHub and SingTel that drives up the price.

that is the cause for everything. let them pay for it and we boycott, i think this is the best outcome. anyway im not a crazy fan for world cup, i only watch the final. thats all. so sinktel and shithub can go screw themselves with the rest of the match.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

STARHUB/SINGTEL owned by who?????????? right pockets, left pockets..all pockets...from the same shirt..and that shirt and pant is worn by ...I give you a hint...start wit "T"..who is the major shareholder..I give you another hint...starts with "P"...:biggrin:

What competition..it is a oligopolist..monopolist...only SINkingporean's are stupid...

Like sammy old boy says...go watch..S league...it is FREE!!!
( psst please pay TV Licence to watch)...

so FREE?:wink:

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is not about football anymore! It's about exploitation of the greedy GLCs and the PAP gahmen!!!!

Aiyah... watch Shit League lah. Very entertaining one. :rolleyes:

Also u are supporting local soccer mah. So dun like that, support your local soccer team ok? :rolleyes::biggrin:

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
STARHUB/SINGTEL owned by who?????????? right pockets, left pockets..all pockets...from the same shirt..and that shirt and pant is worn by ...I give you a hint...start wit "T"..who is the major shareholder..I give you another hint...starts with "P"...:biggrin:

What competition..it is a oligopolist..monopolist...only SINkingporean's are stupid...

Like sammy old boy says...go watch..S league...it is FREE!!!
( psst please pay TV Licence to watch)...

so FREE?:wink:

No need lah. Go to your friend's house and watch also free what. Got drinks and snacks somemore, and you don't have to pay anything.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

However expensive it may be, or however much FIFA charged broadcasters.. The other broadcasters in other countries chose to broadcast it Free.. while Singtel and Starhub chose to charge... Exploitation, Period!!