• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Johor to ban foreigners from buy secondary-market properties?

Jes2205

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've spoken to my banker this morning and being informed that local refer to bumi lot and the rest all international lot. Is it prove?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Y not u also ask would anyone like to buy a car by paying over $90k for a piece of paper and can only use for 10 years. Imagine $90k of a salary man hard earned blood and sweat money. Here in Sg also kenna robbery and if can run away to another place to stay why not. I don't want to kenna robbed even after retirement (apart from cpf money of course). Those crocodiles who put on white baju.

Last edited by a moderator:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Y not u also ask would anyone like to buy a car by paying over $90k for a piece of paper and can only use for 10 years. Imagine $90k of a salary man hard earned blood and sweat money. Here in Sg also kenna robbery and if can run away to another place to stay why not. I don't want to kenna robbed even after retirement (apart from cpf money of course). Those crocodiles who put on white baju.

S$90k is about 1 year household income, excluding PARF, GST, ERP, tax on petrol etc. So the money is silently siphoned away if you drive in Singapore. I see more J-plate cars in Singapore. Malaysians working in Singapore but staying in Johor are having a good time.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ngiam Tong Dow has just retracted his statements that COE is not for government to make $: So COE is really not a revenue generating tool for the government. Really! :p

Ngiam Tong Dow says his recent comments on ministers unfair and illogical

Published on Oct 11, 2013 6:37 PM

Mr Ngiam also stirred up controversy with remarks suggesting that the certificate of entitlement (COE) system was introduced to "collect more money" for the government.

In his letter, he clarified that "it was not the case".

"The fundamental purpose of the COE scheme was to limit Singapore's car population. If the intent had been to raise revenue, I would not have supported the policy as permanent secretary at the Finance Ministry," he said.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...ecent-comments-ministers-unfair-and-illogical

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've spoken to my banker this morning and being informed that local refer to bumi lot and the rest all international lot. Is it prove?

good. i'm hoping that abdul latif pandi just made a mistake in his speech, and what will be implemented is actually "BUMI lot cannot be resold to foreigner" . as in he mistook "BUMI" for "local". btw, as already mentioned in another thread, there is no definition of "International lot" by state / govt law. there is only bumi lot, mlay reserve, and foreigner quota on developer.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ngiam Tong Dow has just retracted his statements that COE is not for government to make $: So COE is really not a revenue generating tool for the government. Really! :p

Mr Ngiam also stirred up controversy with remarks suggesting that the certificate of entitlement (COE) system was introduced to "collect more money" for the government.

"The fundamental purpose of the COE scheme was to limit Singapore's car population. If the intent had been to raise revenue, I would not have supported the policy as permanent secretary at the Finance Ministry," he said.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...ecent-comments-ministers-unfair-and-illogical

if it's not to collect money,why let market forces dictate prices? just have a flat processing fee of , say , 5K, disallow car distributors from bidding for COE, and let people queue for COE on a first come first served basis la.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
good. i'm hoping that abdul latif pandi just made a mistake in his speech, and what will be implemented is actually "BUMI lot cannot be resold to foreigner" . as in he mistook "BUMI" for "local". btw, as already mentioned in another thread, there is no definition of "International lot" by state / govt law. there is only bumi lot, mlay reserve, and foreigner quota on developer.

Even now there are Bumi lots and Other lots. Local quota and International Quota. No such thing as International lots, not the way certain units are tagged as bumi lots. Its just a quota that developers have to follow unless they get a waiver or its in a special zone. On resale market now there is no "International ' lot. Of course this could change if new policies are implemented.
Much as I hope your banker is right I seriously doubt they are only going to stop bumis from selling to foreigenrs, whihc btw is close to impossible even now I hear. Its hard for bumis to get approval to sell to non bumi Mlaaysians, even harder to get approval to sell to foreigners.So that wont be much of a new policy.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
if it's not to collect money,why let market forces dictate prices? just have a flat processing fee of , say , 5K, disallow car distributors from bidding for COE, and let people queue for COE on a first come first served basis la.

No meant to collect money. Period. :p

Remember GST is to help the poor! :biggrin:

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cannot really think of any policy being implemented that are not fattening the coffer.....seriously...anyone?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even now there are Bumi lots and Other lots. Local quota and International Quota. No such thing as International lots, not the way certain units are tagged as bumi lots. Its just a quota that developers have to follow unless they get a waiver or its in a special zone. On resale market now there is no "International ' lot. Of course this could change if new policies are implemented.
Much as I hope your banker is right I seriously doubt they are only going to stop bumis from selling to foreigenrs, whihc btw is close to impossible even now I hear. Its hard for bumis to get approval to sell to non bumi Mlaaysians, even harder to get approval to sell to foreigners.So that wont be much of a new policy.

you're right. let's see what happens. btw is not my banker , it's jes2205 banker

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

my guess is he has been invited for coffee session by LHL after the first interview so you see him u-turning. Accordingly, LHL "welcomed Ngiam's clarification of his earlier comments ..." and he "hope that Ngiam would continue to support his ministers ..."

Last edited:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, anyone panicking and wanting to offer your property 30% off the market price now? PM me.

Hahahaha bro u not scare huh? Buy more later all can't sell, DIE DIE also must hold on...
Then u end up with many weekend homes. Maybe 1 day in 1 house.

I reckon if such a stupid rule is put up.. Many houses would be put up for LELONG!
In the end only Malaysians can buy lelong properties and indirectly going back to malaysia's hand. As what LKY said, a stroke of the pen.............

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, anyone panicking and wanting to offer your property 30% off the market price now? PM me.

I selling mine, not because of panick but because of noises!!

Noises from wife! I selling RM300 psf only... Moving to sinkie land for the time being.

PM if you got bullets! :biggrin:

My son got asthma so don't wish to see him going school panting and soaking wet walking up and down at checkpoints . Any kind soul with plenty of bullets and wish to buy more props pls PM me.. Sincere seller

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Noises from wife! I selling RM300 psf only... Moving to sinkie land for the time being.

My son got asthma so don't wish to see him going school panting and soaking wet walking up and down at checkpoints . Any kind soul with plenty of bullets and wish to buy more props pls PM me.. Sincere seller

U r selling both ur properties at $300 psf? A lot of people will go after ur Nusa Duta.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why you so bad? I always treat my wife's grumble as music.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
U r selling both ur properties at $300 psf? A lot of people will go after ur Nusa Duta.

Gave up buying ND. Family prefer staying high rise. Landed too warm. Wife many many complains and requests!
Sigh, seems she is the boss and I only her slave!!!:eek: