• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Johor to ban foreigners from buy secondary-market properties?

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian got their way of doing thing that might get u in trouble in sg if doing the same thing. That all i can say...detail confidential. I think the if new ruling implemented, then same project...let say 88 or HH will have 2 market. Eg Sinkkie will pay 4m for bungalow in HH in future while neighbour local pay 2m for exactly same thing. Probably local with some lubang outbeat foreigner again if both of them want to sell off.

Foreigners should be grateful they can still buy landed anywhere in Johore.
In spore or anywhere in south east asia foreigners not allowed to buy landed.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
To boycott this new rule, all those buyers for projects still on going construction to back up awhile! Let developer bankrupt then see who is the smart Alec making the wrong decision! Nobody will be interested to invest in MY anymore! It will turn into a ghost town very soon!!!!

你做初一, 我做十五! a tip for all...... Can't sell then rent out la!!!! They didn't say cannot rent out right??
MY full of roti prata!!!!!!!!

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good for foreigners :biggrin: Locals will be badly screwed :rolleyes:

Whole market will be affected as new projects wont be sold out if locals boycott.And they will boycott unless developers give them huge discounts to entice them to buy, this will dampen overall market.If discounts arent given, I doubt foreigners will wantt o occupy estates that are like ghost towns even if developers build, adn developers will have to raise prices for units sold to offset losses from units not sold.There will ne winners in this new scenario.:*:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh..siao liao.. LH's clock is ticking fast now... titter.gif

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whole market will be affected as new projects wont be sold out if locals boycott.And they will boycott unless developers give them huge discounts to entice them to buy, this will dampen overall market.If discounts arent given, I doubt foreigners will wantt o occupy estates that are like ghost towns even if developers build, adn developers will have to raise prices for units sold to offset losses from units not sold.There will ne winners in this new scenario.:*:

Different type of housing n location will be affected differently. Least affected will be landed in older tamans where prices r not v high n foreign buyers r much lesser.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
To boycott this new rule, all those buyers for projects still on going construction to back up awhile! Let developer bankrupt then see who is the smart Alec making the wrong decision! Nobody will be interested to invest in MY anymore! It will turn into a ghost town very soon!!!!

你做初一, 我做十五! a tip for all...... Can't sell then rent out la!!!! They didn't say cannot rent out right??

Can rent meh , rent you my house @ 3K , plus free proton for you to move around , ai mai ?

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rent? U thought singapore meh? Iskandar rental market suck! It is asset price inflation, not investment going on. For on going project, buyer will kena first not developers. Is like saying 'i buy shares, thus i invest', which is wrong for ppl who know what invest is. Only layman will think buy house = invest. As long as there is desire for iskandar houses, the real demand will still there but not unlimited. Anyway, i despise current ppty price inflation that will devastate iskandar development in future.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rent? U thought singapore meh? Iskandar rental market suck! It is asset price inflation, not investment going on. For on going project, buyer will kena first not developers. Is like saying 'i buy shares, thus i invest', which is wrong for ppl who know what invest is. Only layman will think buy house = invest. As long as there is desire for iskandar houses, the real demand will still there but not unlimited. Anyway, i despise current ppty price inflation that will devastate iskandar development in future.

i am a layman. would like to know what is your definition of 'invest' and also what kind of investments you recommend? care to share?

yahoo1234

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this policy is implemented then my conclusions are the below,

Losers are:
- Malaysian who invested in Iskandar recently and planning to flip upon completion - This group is having the biggest impact... better have enough cash to service your installment 3 years later.
- Malaysian & Foreigner who invested in Iskandar and plan to rent it out as passive income - Iskandar has no proven rental market but with this policy it more units will flood into the rental market
- Johor government. Allow more speculation for foreigner at the expense of local investor. I believe most of the Iskandar investors are still Local and in short term, new launches will still have the foreigner quota snapped away in minutes and the remaining local units will have no buyer. Sounds like a ghost town in the making.

Winners are:
- Foreigner who invested in Iskandar. Especially for those who invested in landed properties. Foreigner quota for landed is smaller as compared to condo. (20% vs 50%, if I remember correctly). So foreigners who wanted to get property in Iskandar could only buy it from those existing foreign owners.
- Malaysian who is planning to buy high end property for ownstay next year. To be frank low and mid end properties would not have any major impact from this policy.

Summary:
- If you still have confident in Iskandar and you are a Foreigner then you should start getting subsale landed, especially the units with extra land; bungalow, semiD, corner/endlot terrace
- Malaysian should stop buying into Iskandar now and should go back to KL and Penang.

It still bug me to think how this policy is going to help Johor government to address the property prices issues? This will definitely make the foreigner investor richer and Malaysians will move their investment back to KL and Penang. The only way to decrease the property prices is to create a depressed property market and if that is the government goal then they are on the right track.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this policy is implemented then my conclusions are the below,

Losers are:
- Malaysian who invested in Iskandar recently and planning to flip upon completion - This group is having the biggest impact... better have enough cash to service your installment 3 years later.
- Malaysian & Foreigner who invested in Iskandar and plan to rent it out as passive income - Iskandar has no proven rental market but with this policy it more units will flood into the rental market
- Johor government. Allow more speculation for foreigner at the expense of local investor. I believe most of the Iskandar investors are still Local and in short term, new launches will still have the foreigner quota snapped away in minutes and the remaining local units will have no buyer. Sounds like a ghost town in the making.

Winners are:
- Foreigner who invested in Iskandar. Especially for those who invested in landed properties. Foreigner quota for landed is smaller as compared to condo. (20% vs 50%, if I remember correctly). So foreigners who wanted to get property in Iskandar could only buy it from those existing foreign owners.
- Malaysian who is planning to buy high end property for ownstay next year. To be frank low and mid end properties would not have any major impact from this policy.

Summary:
- If you still have confident in Iskandar and you are a Foreigner then you should start getting subsale landed, especially the units with extra land; bungalow, semiD, corner/endlot terrace
- Malaysian should stop buying into Iskandar now and should go back to KL and Penang.

It still bug me to think how this policy is going to help Johor government to address the property prices issues? This will definitely make the foreigner investor richer and Malaysians will move their investment back to KL and Penang. The only way to decrease the property prices is to create a depressed property market and if that is the government goal then they are on the right track.

I agree. With lower demand, developers will reduce launches. Those that r launched will have to be priced higher since volume is lower. Landed supply is already quite low. The faster n better alternative for buyers either local or foreigners is to turn to subsales. I would be happy if this new rule against local is implemented.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am a layman. would like to know what is your definition of 'invest' and also what kind of investments you recommend? care to share?

For me investment is more of a strict word for understand the underlying asset value u r buying into. If u ask me about make money, then is combination btw investment, speculation, understanding ppl mentality, and potong jalan way to earn $$. Certainly there is money to be earn in the market but if see thing broadly, the supply is unknown but certainly able to fulfill demand, not like sg so landed starved. Like US, ppl c price r rising, so maniac about owning houses. If you see price rises then buy into it and say u r investing, then it is only correct as long as the market still havent woke up in reality and u get out from it. I planned vulture strategy for my 2016 market collapse prediction, even it dint happen at least i am more aware of the risk involved. My current play only lands...not selling and intend to buy more if reasonable.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me investment is more of a strict word for understand the underlying asset value u r buying into. If u ask me about make money, then is combination btw investment, speculation, understanding ppl mentality, and potong jalan way to earn $$. Certainly there is money to be earn in the market but if see thing broadly, the supply is unknown but certainly able to fulfill demand, not like sg so landed starved. Like US, ppl c price r rising, so maniac about owning houses. If you see price rises then buy into it and say u r investing, then it is only correct as long as the market still havent woke up in reality and u get out from it. I planned vulture strategy for my 2016 market collapse prediction, even it dint happen at least i am more aware of the risk involved. My current play only lands...not selling and intend to buy more if reasonable.

interesting. thanks for sharing. i suppose land play involves large capital, though, out of reach of laymen. anyway, best of luck for your investments. 2016 market collapse eh? so should save my bullets then. i also see dark shadows in the horizon. but wouldn't this mean you have to exit your land play before 2016?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property market shd pick up in 2018 strongly, as driven by RTS. Golden areas will be near 1st link. My prediction.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property market shd pick up in 2018 strongly, as driven by RTS. Golden areas will be near 1st link. My prediction.
That is true but certainly you cant expect malaysia to have sg timing, ppl also have same view as you, better infra eg rts, hsr up, ppty will shoot up. In btw 2016 until the date those infra in up, there will have downside pressure as most of the project that ady started will completed by 2016, supply will boom massively, those who on DIBS, flipper, not within the financial mean locals' that sapu most of development might soon face the reality when time has come. Just some likelihood scenario that i am aware of.. and planned strategy for it.
interesting. thanks for sharing. i suppose land play involves large capital, though, out of reach of laymen. anyway, best of luck for your investments. 2016 market collapse eh? so should save my bullets then. i also see dark shadows in the horizon. but wouldn't this mean you have to exit your land play before 2016?
Land play is not for ordinary ppl, those who do not have connection but rich can buy and hold providing the price is reasonable. However for what i know, there normally some practice that cant b expose, they flip land price safe and fast. However, good connection btw up stream and down stream player is crucial. Not exit land play b4 2016 partly bcoz get into land play early, n ady profiting few times in current market. Now still land owner market, buyer easy to find (not necessary developer coz there r some 公会, kl investor, even sinkie buyer around that able to pay big, believe me, they able to go pejabat and find your detail to contact u). Risk? certainly bigger but not for player like me that in the market for long, noe potong jalan, malaysian practise etc. In short, i think sinkie buying ppty for own use one or two within ability is good enough, need to make profit as bonus at the end of day selling off, coz i do find a lot of sinkie day dream about how rich they can be in iskandar ppty market coz they missed the boat in singapore ppty movement. Iskandar is not sg.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like LKY prediction might be coming true. Singapore govt investments in Iskandar still pretty passive. Not many big time projects that is tie up with the govt. A lot of talk coming from Malaysia only. Singapore just sit back and wait only.

Singapore big timer like Peter Lim is smart. Tie up with the sultan instead. At least not so subject to the unpredictably of the Malaysian govt policies.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Johor likely to be just to buy for own stay. Weekend enjoy there for a few days. Retire stay there to enjoy power pace of life with more space.

To goreng and make money is only bonus only. Johor state Govt shoot themselves in the foot.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like LKY prediction might be coming true. Singapore govt investments in Iskandar still pretty passive. Not many big time projects that is tie up with the govt. A lot of talk coming from Malaysia only. Singapore just sit back and wait only.

Singapore big timer like Peter Lim is smart. Tie up with the sultan instead. At least not so subject to the unpredictably of the Malaysian govt policies.

君无戏言 - The king's words are to be taken seriously.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Land play is not for ordinary ppl, those who do not have connection but rich can buy and hold providing the price is reasonable. However for what i know, there normally some practice that cant b expose, they flip land price safe and fast. However, good connection btw up stream and down stream player is crucial. Not exit land play b4 2016 partly bcoz get into land play early, n ady profiting few times in current market. Now still land owner market, buyer easy to find (not necessary developer coz there r some 公会, kl investor, even sinkie buyer around that able to pay big, believe me, they able to go pejabat and find your detail to contact u). Risk? certainly bigger but not for player like me that in the market for long, noe potong jalan, malaysian practise etc. In short, i think sinkie buying ppty for own use one or two within ability is good enough, need to make profit as bonus at the end of day selling off, coz i do find a lot of sinkie day dream about how rich they can be in iskandar ppty market coz they missed the boat in singapore ppty movement. Iskandar is not sg.

True, mudlander will always have the homeground advantage and should be that way, it is your own country. Singaporeans better just buy one for own use, even then any crazy rule to restrict foreigner from selling first property means shouldn't even buy a single one.

Last edited: