• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat John Tan's PAP MP Tio Hoot ... Song Bo Oppies?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
MP Tan Wu Meng attacked during Meet-the-People session, suffers minor injuries

By Nicole Chang
17 Apr 2018 12:02PM (Updated: 17 Apr 2018 12:16PM)

SINGAPORE: Jurong GRC MP Tan Wu Meng was attacked by a man at a Meet-the-People (MPS) session in Clementi on Monday night (Apr 16).

Dr Tan told Channel NewsAsia that he was at the session when a man rushed in and started hitting him with his fists at about 10pm.

"A young man suddenly rushed into the interview area and started hitting me," he said. "The young man was in the queue, for some reason he suddenly rushed in and started hitting me."

"It was very sudden. I was actually interviewing another resident, the next thing I knew someone was hitting me and I fell to the floor."

Volunteers and residents present pulled the man off of the MP and restrained him, the PAP MP told Channel NewsAsia.

The police were called and were at the scene shortly along with the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), said Dr Tan.

"The police and SCDF advised me (that) I should go to A&E (Accident and Emergency department) to see a doctor," he said. "After being assessed medically at A&E, the doctor was agreeable to let me return to finish up my Meet-the-People session."

Dr Tan said he suffered bruises on an arm and "some abrasions" on his neck, but said that these were minor injuries.

He returned to the session after going to A&E to finish writing appeal letters.

"We don't know (the identity of the young man) - he is not a regular visitor," added Dr Tan.

"My main concern at the time was making sure the residents and volunteers were safe and I also hope that the young man ... I hope he can get help to try and find his way back."

He added that the police had taken his statement, and that he understood the police are investigating.

Channel NewsAsia has sought comments from police.

Source: CNA/nc

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...ring-meet-the-people-session-suffers-10145562

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP MP's are arrogant, pompous, b%$%$%d!...fortunate for the MP, he was not shot. Next time, they meet the people...they will sit in iron cages...or have confessional boxes like the RC Priests...."MP, I have sinned...."

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Didn't know got such a MP. Must be another Jiak Liao bee.

IMG_7875.JPG

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sibeh song if you hoot my MP. But please do not try to hit my million dollar ministers. You will be clobbered by the security detail before you can you touch his hair! Long live PAP

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP MP's are arrogant, pompous, b%$%$%d!...fortunate for the MP, he was not shot. Next time, they meet the people...they will sit in iron cages...or have confessional boxes like the RC Priests...."MP, I have sinned...."
instead of saying 10 our fathers, 20 hail marys as penance, they'll say take 2 panadols and you will fell better next day. and if that doesn't solve your problem, you can always come back next week - for more of the same:(

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
After this episode u will see bag search etc, police stationed at every mps.

dr tan said no need woh.

The attacker, whom Dr Tan described as being in his 30s, was arrested by the police. After his check-up at the National University Hospital, Dr Tan said he returned to the MPS to continue writing appeal letters for residents - including his attacker. "This gentleman had only come to the MPS once before, about a year ago, and we didn't get a chance to interview him this time before he started hitting me, but we were able to piece together what his current problem is," he said. " I can't share what it is, but we wrote an appeal for him anyway last night. So I also hope whatever difficulties he's facing, he finds his way and things work out for him." While such an incident had never happened to him before, Dr Tan said that as a public servant, he was always aware that such things could occur. "The work continues," he added. Dr Tan, a medical oncologist, does not plan to beef up security at his MPS area as he feels it is already quite secure, and he wants the area to remain accessible to residents. "Our interview area is what we call an open form area, it's a room with many tables where many volunteers meet residents at the same time and I go table to table to meet as many residents as possible," he said. "So when something happens, there is always someone nearby. We also have CCTV cameras in the room already, so the incident was captured on camera." There were previous cases of Members of Parliament being attacked. In 2009, then Yio Chu Kang MP Seng Han Thong was handing out hongbao to needy and elderly people at a grassroots event in his constituency when a man ran up behind him, splashed paint thinner down his back and set fire to him. Mr Seng was also attacked in 2006, at an MPS session, where he was punched by a 74-year-old cabby who was upset with him as he believed the MP was not helping him to get his revoked taxi licence back

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still remember when Seng Han thong was attacked in 2009, the news interviewed one of the RC members who said that she would readily rush forward to protect her MP anytime there's danger. what a pathetic dog

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A couple of assassinated PAP MPs would scare the hell out of potential entrants to the PAP. Sinkees will see the cost of joining the PAP as too high.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From my experience, visit to A&E normally takes 4 hours-2 hours waiting time, 1/2 hour consultation, 1/2 hour treatment, and 1 hour to pay/collect medicine. How this MP can go A&E and be back for the session is amazing!
As a medical doctor with a Doctorate and also Master in Internal Medicine ,why would he need to go A&E to be told its bruises/abrasions (minor injuries).
Are bruises and abrasions medical emergencies? eg
Sudden, severe chest pains or breathlessness , Choking or difficulty in breathing ,Loss of consciousness ,Head injuries with bleeding, drowsiness or vomiting ,Drug overdose or poisoning ,Traffic or worksite accident ,Broken bone or dislocation ,Sudden abdominal pains that do not subside ,deep cuts with uncontrollable bleeding

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
From my experience, visit to A&E normally takes 4 hours-2 hours waiting time, 1/2 hour consultation, 1/2 hour treatment, and 1 hour to pay/collect medicine. How this MP can go A&E and be back for the session is amazing!
As a medical doctor with a Doctorate and also Master in Internal Medicine ,why would he need to go A&E to be told its bruises/abrasions (minor injuries).
Are bruises and abrasions medical emergencies? eg
Sudden, severe chest pains or breathlessness , Choking or difficulty in breathing ,Loss of consciousness ,Head injuries with bleeding, drowsiness or vomiting ,Drug overdose or poisoning ,Traffic or worksite accident ,Broken bone or dislocation ,Sudden abdominal pains that do not subside ,deep cuts with uncontrollable bleeding
bro, you forget they are the elites hence don't need to queue. VIP treatment all the way. Also, they are all made of porcelain. Hence a little scratch also cannot.