• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious John Tan Saved A Lot Of Money During Nigger Friday Sales Today! Lots of Sinkies Took Leave From Work Today To Go Shopping!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
sales.jpg

SINGAPORE — When it comes to shopping, not even traffic jams and the rain will stop those determined to get a good deal.

Lured by the Black Friday sale, which kicked off at several retail stores on Friday (Nov 29), shoppers headed down to the Orchard Road shopping belt to load up on buys, never mind that cars and buses were moving at snail’s pace along the stretch.

In Robinsons department store at The Heeren, shoppers told TODAY that they had to queue for around 45 minutes to an hour to make payment at cashiers.

There were snaking queues throughout the five-storey store when TODAY was there, especially at the home furnishing department, with about 40 people waiting to pay at one point.

For Ms Astrid Broderick, a 35-year-old Indonesian in Singapore for work and travel, she spent about S$2,000 on bedsheets and pillows at Robinsons.

She had to queue for an hour to pay for her items and another hour to sign up for the free delivery service offered to Robinsons shoppers who spend more than S$1,000.

And this is even though she reached the store at 10am.

The store extended its hours to open from 7am to 1am on Friday.

She was still in the queue when TODAY spoke to her at close to 3pm.

“It’s worth it to queue to get that savings,” she told TODAY. She calculated that she saved S$3,000 with the discounts.

Other shoppers said that they took leave from work on Friday to be at Robinsons’ Black Friday sales.

Ms Wu Liting, 35, already prepared her list for the shopping bonanza two weeks earlier.

The shipping executive was pleased that she finally got her hands on a pair of Bang and Olufsen earphones that she had been eyeing for more than a year.

She paid S$209 for it, a 40 per cent discount from its original price of S$349.

She got a bigger 75 per cent discount on bedsheets from an Italian brand that normally cost more than S$1,000 for one set, but was selling at S$250.

“If not for the sale, I would not buy these bedsheets,” she admitted.

Ms Wu and her friend had spent a total of about S$4,000 since they began shopping at 7am and they were planning to go for a second round after lunch.

Over at Takashimaya and Tangs, the crowds were more muted when TODAY visited these department stores.

Unlike Robinsons which was having discounts of up to 90 per cent, Takashimaya offered discounts of up to 30 per cent while Tangs members on its loyalty programme get a 12 per cent rebate.

Ms Chris Tju, 47, spent at least S$500 at Takashimaya with her mother.

“We had no plan to shop today. My plan was just to collect the popcorn that I ordered,” the civil servant said.

However, they could not resist taking a look after seeing the discount posters and ended up buying luggage and other household items.

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...a-beeline-black-friday-discounts-orchard-road

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh im sure cheapo got time to waste. I just got latest tab half price. you dont see me elbowing people out of the way

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ms Chris Tju, 47, spent at least S$500 at Takashimaya with her mother.

“We had no plan to shop today. My plan was just to collect the popcorn that I ordered,” the civil servant said.

However, they could not resist taking a look after seeing the discount posters and ended up buying luggage and other household items.
You're just a cheapo hunter, just admit it. If not you won't spend 6 hours just to get those deals

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ta ma de. Just now CTE Cairnhill exit jammed all the way back to Bukit Timah exit. I was headed to Outram but still have to jam together with cheapskate sinkies.

Rain and black friday sales causing lots of traffic problems.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"For Ms Astrid Broderick, a 35-year-old Indonesian in Singapore for work and travel, she spent about S$2,000 on bedsheets and pillows at Robinsons"

The poor in Indonesia sleeps on cardboards or even none, $2,000 on bedsheets & pillows...must be lotsa of action every night.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bought some thongs for my wife. My daughter also bought some nice underwear for herself during the sale.

The rump must be bigger than the 30kg turkey for Christmas, the thong will disappear into the fold, might as well don't wear.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
"For Ms Astrid Broderick, a 35-year-old Indonesian in Singapore for work and travel, she spent about S$2,000 on bedsheets and pillows at Robinsons"

The poor in Indonesia sleeps on cardboards or even none, $2,000 on bedsheets & pillows...must be lotsa of action every night.
KNN this shows that rich people also tam chia and ter nao KNN also indicate she must be a very kiam siap rich indo KNN

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This one is the cantik Astrid Broderick lah. Very deserving of $2000 bedsheets and pillows.

1575078450494.png