• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jocelyn Chia defends MH370 joke, says ‘people take jokes way too seriously’

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jocelyn Chia defends MH370 joke, says ‘people take jokes way too seriously’​

facebook sharing button

By MAHADHIR MONIHULDIN
  • NATION
  • Thursday, 08 Jun 2023
    5:26 PM MYT
2116114.png

PETALING JAYA

: Controversial comedian Jocelyn Chia has taken to social media to defend her recent jokes about Malaysia and the missing MH370 flight.

According to screenshots taken by netizens, she had replied to a comment by local stand-up comedian Jason Leong who appeared to endorse her performance, by stating “I love this bit”.

"Geez people take jokes way too seriously," she replied to him on Instagram.

Instagram user @suhvrv86 commented on Jocelyn's stand-up video saying that tragedy should not be made a joke to which Jocelyn replied otherwise.

"Tragedy plus time = comedy. It's been long enough man," she said, claiming that enough time had gone by since the MH370 tragedy occurred.

She added that people have the right to joke about tragic events if they can make it funny.

At the time of writing (June 8), Jocelyn has deactivated her social media accounts following backlash from her stand-up comedy video.

Link: https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2023...y-too-seriously

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since she is no longer a Singaporean, MHA should bar her from entering SG.

It would be ironic justice when the country that she thinks so highly, doesn't want this running mouth, to sully SG reputation.

I think MY already banned her from entry.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anwar will tell her this is very personal and sensitive as one indigenous and patriotic airline pilot had no other earthshaking option to protest anwar’s trumped up charges and renewed incarceration sexcept to commandeer a plane load of passengers into the unknown and fly till heaven’s gate. very sad and tragic. this charbor chia, very crude, insensitive and motor mouth. use the sexcuse of telling jokes while making money at a comedy club to get some laughs from a similarly clueless, hypocritical, snobbish, and inconsiderate new york yuppie audience.

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really hate it when comedians pick on the audience and start making jokes about them. Russel Peters was good but now he is picking on audience and i stop watching.

Laguna123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her “jokes” seem like she is squeezing so hard out of every drop of juice from a lime and it don’t even taste good. :rolleyes:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wen ah loon went 2 usa sumtime back, he was happily telling folks there how twurning on taps in prc can gif u pork ribs soup ...

in usa, u juz do 1 ting ... whack prc! ...

sum "tragedy + time = comedy" events dat make gud materials 4 her shud b wateva happened during ze 100yrs of humiliation ... events like ww2 lape of nanjing or how smart britain got hk by juz selling drugs openly in ze streets of prc ...

all dose con gress folks wud lap it up if she told dem dat listening 2 her jokes can access prc ...

she wud even receive a standing ovation ...

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her parents must be Malaysians as Malaysian Chinese hates malaysia( mostly), lol, now she giving up citizenship as singaporeans,lol, good choice

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jocelyn Chia defends MH370 joke, says ‘people take jokes way too seriously’​

"Tragedy plus time = comedy. It's been long enough man," she said, claiming that enough time had gone by since the MH370 tragedy occurred.

She added that people have the right to joke about tragic events if they can make it funny.

Link: https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2023...y-too-seriously

Sure that's cool enough if she holds the personal belief she can say anything she wants as long as it's "funny". I look forward to her making a joke about the victims of 9-11, some black guy who deserves to get shot by the police or maybe the LGBT community needing to be cleansed by God to the US audience.

Don't just talk crap about others across the Pacific Ocean, tell jokes that are really offensive to your audience right in front of their faces. At least we can then give her credit for being internally consistent and holding true to her values, otherwise she's just a cowardly jerk who only dares to make fun of people whom she thinks she can get away with.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Standup comedians are supposed to offend everyone and make fun of everything. Race. religion, gender, politics etc. No one is spared. That's the whole idea.

Don't expect low IQ people living in Islamofascist or CCP-wannabe censor-happy countries to understand this. Free speech is free speech. If your feelings are hurt, that's your problem. Look in the mirror to see what the problem really is. :cool:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During a forum in 1999, Lee Kuan Yew said that “If you put in a Malay officer who’s very religious and who has family ties in Malaysia in charge of a machine-gun unit, that’s a very tricky business.”
Why nobody report this joke or make an issue out of lt?