• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Jiuhukias Living In Singapore Chased Out! Towkay John Guilty As Charged! Guess Method!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1674433432141.png

SINGAPORE – On Feb 1, Ms T. Lai will join tens of thousands of Malaysians crossing the Causeway to Singapore daily for work.

The 49-year-old Malaysian, who works as a waitress in a Chinese restaurant in Woodlands, said her current lease for a flat in Singapore will expire at the end of January, and she has decided to move to Johor Bahru as she cannot afford the high rents here.

Rents of Housing Board flats have been hitting record highs recently.

A common room, or a bedroom without an attached toilet, in an HDB flat in Woodlands has gone up to between $800 and $1,000 a month, according to most listings on online property portals.

Before the Covid-19 pandemic, a common room in Woodlands cost $600 to $700 to rent, said property agents The Sunday Times spoke to.

Woodlands town is popular with Malaysians as it is close to the border and rent is generally lower than in other residential estates.

Ms Lai, who has been working in Singapore for five years, is currently sharing a one-room HDB flat with another Malaysian. Each of them pays a monthly rent of $600.

Feeling the financial pressure of living in Singapore, her flatmate decided to pack up and move to Johor as it is more affordable there, Ms Lai said.

“I cannot afford to pay the $1,200 rent by myself after my flatmate leaves. I was also not sure if the landlord would increase the rent when the lease expires at the end of this month. So I tried to look for another place. But I could not find anything within my budget of $600,” said Ms Lai, who earns $3,200 a month. The last place she viewed was a common room in Jurong West, which has a partition to accommodate two tenants.

“The landlord was asking for a monthly rent of $900 from each tenant. That was when I decided I should also move to Johor.

“Many of my friends have already moved there, and they commute daily to Singapore for work,” added Ms Lai, who has managed to rent a fully furnished studio apartment at R&F Princess Cove for just RM1,950 (S$600), at least 30 per cent cheaper than a rental room in Woodlands.

The luxurious serviced residence is connected to the Customs, Immigration and Quarantine Complex in Johor by a sheltered linkway, and it would take her less than an hour to get to work from her new home, said Ms Lai.

Property analysts noted that the financial strains are evident among Malaysians who have chosen to leave Singapore and live in Johor.

https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...ng-malaysians-working-in-s-pore-to-live-in-jb

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is surprising is gomen on either side purposely makes things difficult to cross the border. Or it could be just the jiu hu side.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come can rent out public housing collect rent and make profit when subsidise by gahmen ?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, she is a bitch. Earning S$3.2k/month but said cannot afford a S$900 monthly rental, which is only 28% of her salary. This kind of fucking bitch is truly taking advantage of her privilege here in Sinkie land.

Also, the PAP government is very fucked up by giving PR status indefinitely and the Malaysians are taking great advantage of this, by earning in SGD and eventually planning to return to Malaysia for retirement with a hefty sum of money. Fucking PAP never learns. It should make it mandatory for SPRs to convert to Citizenship within 10 years or to revoke their SPR status and thereafter, will never allow them to reapply for SPR again. Also, make it extremely difficult for these deserters to apply for work permits in future.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hm.
But our govt open leg policy is being highly encouraged by the likes of Taokway John Tan. Encouraging FT TO walk all over Singapore and Singaporean and locals are so daft to vote in these PAPs.

John Tan likes should be drafted to become the president of FT association.

Last edited:

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our government always say sinkies Don wna the job,knn,their open leg policy is killing citizens ,after cny there will be layoff for many companies,sinkies will get first,lol,hope its the 60%,lol

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, she is a bitch. Earning S$3.2k/month but said cannot afford a S$900 monthly rental, which is only 28% of her salary. This kind of fucking bitch is truly taking advantage of her privilege here in Sinkie land.

Also, the PAP government is very fucked up by giving PR status indefinitely and the Malaysians are taking great advantage of this, by earning in SGD and eventually planning to return to Malaysia for retirement with a hefty sum of money. Fucking PAP never learns. It should make it mandatory for SPRs to convert to Citizenship within 10 years or to revoke their SPR status and thereafter, will never allow them to reapply for SPR again. Also, make it extremely difficult for these deserters to apply for work permits in future.

$3.2k is nothing with the hyperinflation now. :biggrin:

Singapore Dancing Spirit

Alfrescian
Loyal
The population in SG has already gone up before Pre-pandemic level once again.
If PAP or ICA do not give the number of PRs, EP holders, s-pass holders. ONE_PASS holders, workers details. it is hard for Singaporeans