• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Jiuhukia Uncle Spent RM10k And 6 Mths To Propose To SYT! How Much U Spent?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
airport-arrest-proposal.jpg

Yew Kar Yee
thought she was going to Singapore for a holiday with her boyfriend, but while waiting at the lobby of Sultan Azlan Shah Airport in Ipoh on Sunday morning (Dec 24), uniformed men turned up to take him away.

Yew, 20, looked on in disbelief as her boyfriend of three years, Cheung Chan Choon, was hauled off for possessing illegal substances. An "officer" remained with her and asked her to remain calm.

Fortunately, it turned out to be an elaborate ruse with a happy ending, according to the Malay Mail Online.

Cheung, who works at an optical store, soon turned up again with a ring and flowers. He was also dressed in a pilot's uniform.

The 30-year-old was accompanied by a band of performers and videographers as he went on one knee to propose, The Star reported.

A crowd at the airport cheered and applauded as Yew, tearing, nodded yes.

Cheung told Malaysian media that he had been planning the proposal since June and spent RM10,000 (S$3,300) on the event.

“I wanted to propose for a while, but I didn't want it to be ordinary. To my knowledge, no one had proposed at the airport and I wanted our story to be special,” the Malay Mail quoted Cheung as saying.

“I never expected something like this, but I'm so happy now. He is such caring man and he is special in so many ways,” Yew said.

The couple plan to marry in a year's time.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...-airport-in-unusual-marriage-proposal-9523966

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is great until reality struck. No elaborate proposal will save a failing marriage. But still, wishing them well.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give him a surreal feeling of being a pilot! Hopefully he sticks to his vow n doesnt "pilot" away on the actual day!

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
airport-arrest-proposal.jpg

The 30-year-old was accompanied by a band of performers and videographers as he went on one knee to propose, The Star reported.

Don't be jealous, JohnTan. Jiuhukia is only 30, there is no need to rush him to join your Uncle's Club. This is a cheap tactic used by loser Sinkies who, more often than not, are unhappy with themselves.

When someone is unhappy with himself and is adjudged by certain standards that he is not good enough in certain departments of life, his inferiority complex will spur him to blur the demarcations between good and lousy; young and old; handsome and ugly; and etc., so that the standards upon which he is judged will be tampered beyond recognition.

By distorting the truth, and mischievously labeling a young man as "uncle", you unfairly consigned him to a stratum of society composed of lowlifes just so as to compensate your feeling of insecurity and, in turn, camouflage your jealousy.

JohnTan is a successful businessman and eminent grassloot leader who rubs shoulders with ministers and perm secs. Surely you can afford to be more gracious.

Last edited:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun understand the part of wearing pilot uniform.
probably from his part time job when moonlighting as a security guard to pay for this show of affection.
could've loaned him my sakti 5 star epaulette from my agency and those m&d airport duty staff will have to tabek him :rolleyes:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let's examine the facts.

The man is 30 years old. Do sinkies associate men in their thirties as 'young men' still? Some call them as 'uncles' already. My nephews do.

The man is 10 years older than his gf, who is currently 20, not even considered a legal adult. Sinkies call them 'old cow eat fresh grass'. Uncle again.

Don't be jealous, JohnTan. Jiuhukia is only 30, there is no need to rush him to join your Uncle's Club. This is a cheap tactic used by loser Sinkies who, more often than not, are unhappy with themselves.

When someone is unhappy with himself and is adjudged by certain standards that he is not good enough in certain departments of life, his inferiority complex will spur him to blur the demarcations between good and lousy; young and old; handsome and ugly; and etc., so that the standards upon which he is judged will be tampered beyond recognition.

By distorting the truth, and mischievously labeling a young man as "uncle", you unfairly consigned him to a stratum of society composed of lowlifes just so as to compensate your feeling of insecurity and, in turn, camouflage your jealousy.

JohnTan is a successful businessman and eminent grassloot leader who rubs shoulders with ministers and perm secs. Surely you can afford to be more gracious.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
probably from his part time job when moonlighting as a security guard to pay for this show of affection.
could've loaned him my sakti 5 star epaulette from my agency and those m&d airport duty staff will have to tabek him :rolleyes:

Walau you confirm same as me Uncle from same era. Me not heard anyone use the word tabek anymore hahaha

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's examine the facts.

The man is 30 years old. Do sinkies associate men in their thirties as 'young men' still? Some call them as 'uncles' already. My nephews do.

The man is 10 years older than his gf, who is currently 20, not even considered a legal adult. Sinkies call them 'old cow eat fresh grass'. Uncle again.
You proved my point.

Your nephews, if they are below 18, are minors and can regard a 30-year man as uncle. But in this thread, YOU, the old fart, is the one who is referring to someone younger than you as uncle.

You just want to pull everyone into muddy waters. Your nephews used the term "uncle" as a mark of respect for someone his senior like you. But you, the old fart, used the term in a derogatory manner.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man’s ‘arrest’ at airport part of elaborate RM10,000 marriage proposal
BY LOGHUN KUMARAN

Read more at http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...rm10000-marriage-proposal#ORFfELbUF3I5jxAp.99

image: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/uploads/articles/2017/2017-12/airportproposal2412.jpg

airportproposal2412.jpg
The fascinated crowd surrounds Cheung Chan Choon as he proposes to Yew Kar Yee at the Sultan Azlan Shah airport, Ipoh December 24, 2017. — Pictures by Farhan NajibIPOH, Dec 24 — It cost him RM10,000, six months of planning and overcoming a bag of nerves, but Cheung Chan Choon's proposal will be something he or his girlfriend will never forget.

The 30-year-old optician store worker devised an elaborate ruse to propose to his girlfriend Yew Kar Yee, which involved him being "arrested" for possessing illegal items at the Sultan Azlan Shah airport here.

Yew, 20, believed that the couple were supposed to be flying to Singapore for a Christmas holiday, but was taken by surprise when Cheung was abruptly accosted by airport police at the lobby this morning.

Before her eyes, he was bundled into an airport security room for allegedly possessing illegal substances in his bags.

However, after a short wait, Cheung then reappeared dressed in a pilot's costume. Declaring his love for her in Cantonese, he then dropped to one knee and proposed to her

Amid tears of joy and relief, an overwhelmed Yew said yes to celebratory cheers from the fascinated crowd.

Met by reporters later, Cheung said he had planned the elaborate proposal since June, aiming to make it an event the couple would never forget.

image: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/uploads/articles/2017/2017-12/airportproposala2412.jpg

airportproposala2412.jpg

Cheung was abruptly 'accosted' by airport police at the Ipoh airport lobby as part of an elaborate marriage proposal December 24, 2017.The couple began dating three years ago, and met at a local shopping mall where they both worked.

“I wanted to propose for a while, but I didn't want it to be ordinary. To my knowledge, no one had proposed at the airport and I wanted our story to be special,” said Cheung.

To make the ruse work, Cheung enlisted the help of a videography company, who in turn made arrangements with the airport authorities and found him a pilot's costume.

He got Yew to the airport by asking her sister to set up a fake trip to Singapore for the holidays.

“There were a lot of cameras around and I didn't want her to suspect anything. So the company set up two singers to perform Christmas songs at the airport, and I told her the cameras were for them,” said Cheung.

“I was nervous but I told myself that I needed to do this because I want to spend my life with her.”

Luckily for the romantic Romeo, the plan went off without a hitch, and his Juliet was completely taken in.

“I was extremely worried. My hands were shaking and I had no idea what was happening to him,” said Yew.

“I never expected something like this, but I'm so happy now. He is such caring man and he is special in so many ways.”

After the dramatic proposal, the happy couple say that they are looking to get married in a year's time.

Read more at http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...rm10000-marriage-proposal#ORFfELbUF3I5jxAp.99

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

This fucker quite a cheebye. Made his gf worried first. So old liao, yet still so immature. Good luck to this chick. Marrying this twat could be worse than being single for life.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
After RM10k and the drama, there's no mention of them going to Sinkaput for holiday on that day.

Too broke liow? If so, it's really a fateful day for her.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This whole debacle is such a disgrace to the girl. Optician shop ka kia dress up as a pilot! Maybe for those simple minded 20 year mudlaysian ah lian , it is fine. After all, life is confined to working in some shitty retail job. To get married is a blessing somehow!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those officers that took him away are bona fide officers ? If they are why they so eng no need to do duty and take part in such nonsense ? An airport is a high security area not for stupid proposals like these.

If they aren’t matas then impersonation of police officers is serious offence. The girl ought to be punished with nude squats.