• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jiuhu kuayteow not my type... sweet black sauce..

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wet... best one was Mei Ling hawker center night time stall a fat man with bit of cross eyes...

Right method to cook is fried the noodle first, the meat/ sotongs are all cooked already. Then fried noodle well and add the cooked meat/sotong in. This way a standard portion of meat to each plate... this way you can taste the sotong/meat, flavour and textures.

In food 3 important things to take note is taste, texture and flavour... then grade the cook for excellent and takent...

This low ses jiuhu ahbeng low IQ 乱来的 笨蛋子...

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
M'sian food is anytime better than sinkie food. Cooked with fresher ingredients, and with passion and experience.:thumbsup:
No really, methods of cooking must come first. Sometimes cook the noodle and ingredients separately....

Noodle take longer to fry or boil and usually no taste, or flavour, texture must be just nice that nice to schew....

Ingredients like meat, sotong must retain their texture, taste and flavour. Some of them have natural sweetness that you can appreciate when you schew them...

Meat cook time with high heat take a bit longer and quickly cut off the high heat.
Why? Ingredients meat/ veggies burn it vitamins and nutrients cook over 80deg C. And food shd cook over 60degC all bacteria and viruses are killed between 60-80deg C...

You want to retain all the vitamins and nutrients in the food for a healthy meal.

Tioboh hope this help

Psst... if you like my bullshit keep your fingers away from the like button...

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
No really, methods of cooking must come first. Sometimes cook the noodle and ingredients separately....

Noodle take longer to fry or boil and usually no taste, or flavour, texture must be just nice that nice to schew....

Ingredients like meat, sotong must retain their texture, taste and flavour. Some of them have natural sweetness that you can appreciate when you schew them...

Meat cook time with high heat take a bit longer and quickly cut off the high heat.
Why? Ingredients meat/ veggies burn it vitamins and nutrients cook over 80deg C. And food shd cook over 60degC all bacteria and viruses are killed between 60-80deg C...

You want to retain all the vitamins and nutrients in the food for a healthy meal.

Tioboh hope this help

Psst... if you like my bullshit keep your fingers away from the like button...
knn, didn't know you can cook siah :thumbsup::biggrin:

Yes, like I mentioned will also need cooking experience to finetune the cooking method, time, heat, etc.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jiuhu is a big place and cuisine is regional. JB food is different from KL and Ipoh food or East Malaysia (Borneo) food.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn, didn't know you can cook siah :thumbsup::biggrin:

Yes, like I mentioned will also need cooking experience to finetune the cooking method, time, heat, etc.
Get an induction cooker can heat up to 140deg C which is good enough for home cooking to get the wok hei in fried kuay teow.

You want high power heat not the LPG fire type. The power of induction cooker is many times better than the LPG cylinder power heat looks like going to burn down the kitchen...

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Get an induction cooker can heat up to 140deg C which is good enough for home cooking to get the wok hei in fried kuay teow.

You want high power heat not the LPG fire type. The power of induction cooker is many times better than the LPG cylinder power heat looks like going to burn down the kitchen...
Thanks for the tip. Will let my wife know. But cooking seems like a lot of work, I know how to eat but don't know how to cook.:biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
grandfather ckt at jalan tua kong is sexcellent. served in traditional old style metal plate from 1969.
5C8BC872-C7DA-451F-BD23-605BFC3215B3.jpeg

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wet... best one was Mei Ling hawker center night time stall a fat man with bit of cross eyes...

Right method to cook is fried the noodle first, the meat/ sotongs are all cooked already. Then fried noodle well and add the cooked meat/sotong in. This way a standard portion of meat to each plate... this way you can taste the sotong/meat, flavour and textures.

In food 3 important things to take note is taste, texture and flavour... then grade the cook for excellent and takent...

This low ses jiuhu ahbeng low IQ 乱来的 笨蛋子...

Got orange colour fire means no power... blue colour means power heat... charcoal is meant for boiling longer or small chop meat like satay... no wonder the kuayteow look soggy... sticky look...

food presentation is 1star rating...

Jiuhu chao ah beng no class cook, no wonder peasants buyer... pass...

Last edited: