• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jiuhookia Regrets Coming To S'pore For Work, Claims Local Environment Is Toxic

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
M’sian Regrets Coming To S'pore For Work, Claims Local Environment Is Toxic
mustsharenews.com

By Sudeshna Dhar - 17 Nov 2022, 12:42 pm

The famously fast pace of life in Singapore can make the work environment here difficult to cope with.

A Malaysian who came to Singapore for work aired his grievances after coming to that realisation recently.
Regretting his decision, he claimed that the local work culture is toxic and full of individuals who backstab each other.

Malaysian regrets transitioning working in Singapore​

On Monday (14 Nov), an anonymous user posted to Ricebowl via Facebook, lamenting the working environment in Singapore.

In his post, he wrote that he had worked in Malaysia for three years prior to the move. Unfortunately, high inflation and a lower salary allegedly prevented him from saving up.

“If this continues I’d still be in the ‘moonlight generation’ in my 30s,” he said. The term refers to workers struggling to earn a proper living.

As such, he decided to prioritise increasing his finances and came to Singapore due to the favourable exchange rate.

“I was lucky to find a white-collar job and the salary was not bad, so I immediately flew over without hesitation,” he stated. However, his situation then worsened.

Backstabbing colleagues & toxic work environment​

The OP immediately regretted his decision, citing the toxic work environment as a reason. He claimed that the Singaporeans he came across were very harsh in how they spoke to him.

“[My] colleagues also love to gossip behind people’s backs, which made the environment unbearable,” he added, pointing out that there were other such instances of culture shock.

In comparison, his Malaysian co-workers were friendlier and more patient. He began to miss them the longer he worked in Singapore.

Nevertheless, there were some advantages, he noted. For instance, food prices were affordable, transport was convenient and despite the high rent, savings were possible.

Ultimately, however, he would not have made the same decision if given the choice. He has resorted to continue working anyway, as he is currently under a contract.

When it ends in six months, the OP plans to quit and find a better job.

If all other options fail, he might eventually return to Malaysia, where the people are “simply more loveable.”

“Why do we have to come to Singapore to earn a living?” he asked at the end of the post.

Netizens encourage him to find new job​

The post has since become viral, with words of encouragement streaming in from netizens.

A user related to the OP’s experience, sharing that she too experienced injustice and hardship from her workplace in Singapore.

Despite the challenges, she told him to persevere, pointing out the advantages in a higher salary.

In addition, a few users said not all companies have a similar working environment to the one the OP had experienced.

Another commenter reasoned that a toxic work culture may exist in Malaysia too. She thus encourages the OP to adapt his mindset moving forward.

With the ongoing pressure in today’s workplaces, this level of fatigue in our employees is a common phenomenon. It is even more evident in Singapore, where working environments often come with a high amount of pressure.

Filloz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysians are the ones who turn the workplace toxic, females more willing to blow, males more backstabbing.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysians are the ones who turn the workplace toxic, females more willing to blow, males more backstabbing.
That's 200% true...
Cos majority don't have their families here thus they have much more time to do extras for their bosses.. When it comes to climbing up the ladder, they'll have the advantage over Sinkies cos bosses don't look after the Sinkies 1st...

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies here all taken for a ride.. I know this guy in his 50s who is a PR here, wife also PR, they bought 5rm HDB resale (fully paid) for 300k+ back than. Wife took up citizenship while he did not. Recently he quit his cushy job here to move back to boleh land with family to start up his business there. Best thing is he's still able to keep his HDB here n renting it out for 3k+ monthly....That's rm10k+ passive income monthly!
No need to serve NS n reservist n yet enjoying all the perks. Not forgetting he collected all his cpf...Thinking about it also make my blood boil!

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really have to agree with you on this.

Been coming across really fucked up mudlaysian users at customer sites. All damn yaya and rude. Fucking kampong mentally overcompensating in SG

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh only one sinkie here asked him to 滚回马来西亚去, even got sinkie speak up for msians woh. Sinkie can try to do that in mudland forum and see how many Malaysians will ask you to 滚回新加坡去. Who is more toxic the answer is obvious.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh only one sinkie here asked him to 滚回马来西亚去, even got sinkie speak up for msians woh. Sinkie can try to do that in mudland forum and see how many Malaysians will ask you to 滚回新加坡去. Who is more toxic the answer is obvious.
Who can be more toxic than Malaysian Indian kt latha that insult colleague slut?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really have to agree with you on this.

Been coming across really fucked up mudlaysian users at customer sites. All damn yaya and rude. Fucking kampong mentally overcompensating in SG
Its the same principle with the ceca or any other infestations of a particular nationality. Happens for personal and political reasons notwithstanding productivity losses from less than ideal executive appointments. :unsure:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who can be more toxic than Malaysian Indian kt latha that insult colleague slut?
Oh I should add ex or current Malaysian Indian kt latha to be precise. Those sinkies that he complained toxic could be former Malaysians too. Take note former Malaysian not former MALAYA.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I should add don’t expect sinkies to come to your rescue when you meet toxic Malaysians in the office. Instead they love to suck Malaysian cock and nipples. One good example here.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I should add ex or current Malaysian Indian kt latha to be precise. Those sinkies that he complained toxic could be former Malaysians too. Take note former Malaysian not former MALAYA.
Former Malaysians that follow their leader mahathir to use Gestapo smearing campaign on opponent. So toxic indeed.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Former Malaysians that follow their leader mahathir to use Gestapo smearing campaign on opponent. So toxic indeed.
Come to think of it, my parents did the good thing to leave msia or rather MALAYA and not be influenced by such toxic culture indeed.