• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jehovah witnesses in singapore.. ? stories...

jabroni

Not sure if the JWs still knock on the doors of hdb residents,proselytizing their faith to those easily brainwashed residents.they usually operate in a pair,nice and decent ppl.however,I feel that JW members are somewhat of a cult status organisation as they are extreme in their views on not giving blood and no to arms and violence.
Personally,I know a few JWs or brothers as they normally call one another.most are generally decent and law abiding ppl.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really curious abt those Jehovah witnesses in sg.. Anyone heard any stories of bullying or persecution against them in sg.. ?............................

On my first day in NS at MINDEF, two guys did not raise their right arm during swearing in and they were singled out and put aside - they were both JW I found out later. Many months later, I bumped into them in TDB (Tanglin Detention Barracks) where they were both detainees, serving as gardeners. Mostly left alone, no one bothered them, and I understood no reservist upon ROD except their IC will begin with the number 9.

Years later in Canada, I frequently had JWs knock on my door and we'd chat at the front door about Biblical events. One day I invited them in for tea and when they noticed a Catholic altar in my living room (my wife is RC) they refused to enter my home. I later found out watching documentary tv that during the 50s, RCs went on a public rampage beating up JWs in Quebec. Sg does not carry this kind of religious baggage and hence there is peace here. I repsect people and their religion so long as they do not impose their beliefs or practices on others. They (JWs) seemed kind, gentle and well-dressed people. No reason to despise them.

Cheers!

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i rather believe in Darth Vader, Harry Potter, Yoda.............than in these fictional characters called Jehovah or Jesus...........

i start new religion lah................Darth Vader's Witnesses...............Stars Wars Trilogy is best proof that Darth Vader is real............

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
i rather believe in Darth Vader, Harry Potter, Yoda.............than in these fictional characters called Jehovah or Jesus...........

i start new religion lah................Darth Vader's Witnesses...............Stars Wars Trilogy is best proof that Darth Vader is real............

Yes. My daughter's puppy is an Ewok reincarnation.

High Priest: "May the Force be with you."

Congregation: "And also with you."

Cheers!