• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: JB Crimewatch

Bro Wuqi, may I ask if we paid off the loan, we get the title deed from the bank direct or the bank will pass it to the lawyer?
If the bank pass to the lawyer, and we suppose to get it back from the lawyer, usually any charges for such transaction?
What is the Curia harta and tanah u referring to?
Thank u bro Wuqi.

The bank will normally go through the lawyer and any charges should be minimal if at all.
The Cukai Harta = Property tax while the Cukai Tanah = Land tax, both are payable annually
although one you can pay half yearly. You can pay this easily online or to the local office at
the Perling wet market (behind it is a car park up the slope and you can pay it there as well)

Mspimples

Alfrescian
Loyal

The bank will normally go through the lawyer and any charges should be minimal if at all.
The Cukai Harta = Property tax while the Cukai Tanah = Land tax, both are payable annually
although one you can pay half yearly. You can pay this easily online or to the local office at
the Perling wet market (behind it is a car park up the slope and you can pay it there as well)

Thank u bro Wuqi, :smile:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow.... investor 5 must be living quite miserably in Horizon Hills then..... Over the past 7 years, I have dined out in various shophouses over the weekend, in areas as diverse as City centre, Austin, Johor Jaya, Molek, Bukit Indah, Sutera Utama, Tun Aminah, Perling. In fact, the shophouses are where the gd food is....haha

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Take some risk in life.....

What is the point of living a life to hide from bad guys.......

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

This doesnt apply to me as I try not to dine at Shophouses but in Jusco or shopping centres. At most packet from shophouse and go home to eat

Unless you like to go for late supper, or stop by roadside fruit stalls after midnight, you should not face gunmen.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

This doesnt apply to me as I try not to dine at Shophouses but in Jusco or shopping centres. At most packet from shophouse and go home to eat

MALAYSIA - They were enjoying their supper when several gunmen turned up and started firing shots at them.

Thankfully, no one was killed in the drive-by shooting.

But eight people were injured when three gunmen fired shots at a restaurant at Jalan Dedap 24 in Taman Johor Jaya, Johor Baru, on Saturday.

The incident took place at around 1.30am.

Seven people were attacked by several masked gunmen after they were seated at a table in the restaurant, reported the New Straits Times.

The gunmen, who were in a car, opened fire on those at the table. ......... .

RTM news reported (sorry, I must first state I normally boycott RTM because of the usual BN propaganda but made exception today to watch the live announcement of GE dates) Johor police chief as saying 2 of the gunmen have been arrested. He gave the assurance that this was an isolated incident involving secret society elements.

He was also shown officiating at a ceremony taking delivery of the second batch 145 brand new fast patrol motorcyles which will join the first batch of 74 delivered few months ago.

Comforting news. Thumbs up to better security!

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lets be objective, true there are crime in JB, but just as anywhere else, its a matter of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Do note many of the reported incidence happened late in the night....one was viewing house late at night etc....Noticed also the reporting mode are different in Msia and Sg, Msia's press are liberal in reporting blow by blow account of crime...mostly unsolved ones. Sg press tend to report cases that have been solved by police.....Question is - is it a matter of freedom of press? More and more we have signage asking for information concerning incidence of burglary and theft at residential areas (esp landed) and outside shops about theft.....SBS buses even have signs telling the public that bus drivers has the right to work in a safe environment......we have signs/announcements asking passengers to be alert towards suspicious characters........Thus the magnitude of difference in safety level betw Sg and JB may boil down to the level of transparency of each of these cities in reporting....

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually I have been wondering about this..
What happen is that.. If I managed to catch the robber on the spot. Can I hamtam the robber till jialet jialet?? Is it wrong??

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kit Siang proposes to remove ‘capital of crime’ label from Johor Bahru

JOHOR BAHRU, April 13 – DAP’s Lim Kit Siang today proposed that the Pakatan Rakyat (PR) take on the alarming issue of crime in Johor Bahru, the capital city of Johor, as the opposition pact attempts to make further inroads in the Barisan Nasional (BN) stronghold.

“Johor Bahru has become the capital of crime in Malaysia.

“If we succeed in ruling Putrajaya, the main agenda is we want to return Johor Bahru to be a safe and comfortable capital for all the people in Johor,” Lim, the DAP parliamentary leader, said to claps from the audience at PR’s launch of its manifesto for Johor.

The DAP veteran leader further proposed that the two issues of corruption and education be added to the state’s manifesto.

He said PR would seek to introduce learning institutions of “world-standard” in Johor if it succeeds in Election 2013, which will be held this May 5.

Earlier, he pointed to neighbouring country Singapore, which lies south of Johor, with its universities being listed in the world’s Top 100 institutions of higher education list.

In contrast, Malaysia with its higher number of universities could not even make it to the global Top 400 list, Lim said.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

last night was caught in a slight jam towards danga city mall , saw 2 policemen handcuffed one dark skinned guy and walking back to the patrol car at least 300mtrs away. screw drivers all over e road. looks like e policemen did chased e bad guy a distance after e guy stopped his bike n ran off . keep up e gd work!

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

But if due to self-defence.. & kill the robber.. any problem?

you then have the Burden of Proof that what you did was self Defence and that you feared for the safety and your life. You had better be convincing or you will Hang! The question you have to ask yourself are you certain you can proof that you feared for your life and safety....... If the prosecution decides "they" want to make an example of you, i.e. to curb vigiliantism then you will have a hard and expensive time trying to proof your innocence.
Bro Funds Transfer suggestion is the best course of action unless you do not have dependants or loved ones to worry about...... Engage!!

Last edited:

LordEthan

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you caught any robbers just shout Thief, ppl around will come and bash it for you before the cops arrive :smile:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

The law says there you will not be hang if u kill someone in self defence

Two things to note here: When you are struggling and fighting with someone who is trying to rob you, can you even control your punches and the intensity of your punches or slashes? No. So if u end up killing someone, most probably u wont be charged for murder but manslaughter. Either way your future is ruined. First 3-5 years of your life u need to be locked up without bail as manslaughter or murder are non-bailable offences.

That's the problem if we do not have a jury to decide within the justice system. If verdict is passed by a single judicial officer, chances are that it will be manslaughter. Otherwise, I think common sense would prevail.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

you then have the Burden of Proof that what you did was self Defence and that you feared for the safety and your life. You had better be convincing or you will Hang! The question you have to ask yourself are you certain you can proof that you feared for your life and safety....... If the prosecution decides "they" want to make an example of you, i.e. to curb vigiliantism then you will have a hard and expensive time trying to proof your innocence.
Bro Funds Transfer suggestion is the best course of action unless you do not have dependants or loved ones to worry about...... Engage!!

In law, 'mens rea' is key which translates into whether there is a guilty mind. A good lawyer may leverage on circumstantial evidence to prove that the cause of death is not attributed to your action (self defence) which should further reduce the burden of guilt.

For example, it could be argued that it is not the punch delivered to the victim's head that caused the fatal blow but his 'tripping over himself' causing the impact to his head when it came into contact with the ground.