• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB Food

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Anyone tried the new Moonlight cafe at Bukit Indah, not bad, the cakes are pretty nice too. Opposite station one cafe.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Good News - No Need to Fill White Cards Anymore :smile:

Chief Secretary of Malaysia’s Home Ministry, Mohmood Adam, announced on 20 May 2012 that, with effect from 1st Jun 2012, foreigners entering Malaysia need not fill the white arrival cards to enter Malaysia.

This decision was made after consultations between the Home Ministry, Immigration Department, and Tourism ministry.

This should mean quicker clearances at the immigration checkpoints for makan trips 

Thanks for sharing this, very good news for everyone. :smile:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh has it opened? I went to the branch at Sutera Utama and the cakes are good! Good to know there is another hangout place after the closing of Ali Cafe.

Anyone tried the new Moonlight cafe at Bukit Indah, not bad, the cakes are pretty nice too. Opposite station one cafe.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh has it opened? I went to the branch at Sutera Utama and the cakes are good! Good to know there is another hangout place after the closing of Ali Cafe.

I will not miss Ali Cafe though. The food quality is low. I do miss another cafe whichas close down since Feb. Thamara cafe...miss their fish and chips...what a waste.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will not miss Ali Cafe though. The food quality is low. I do miss another cafe whichas close down since Feb. Thamara cafe...miss their fish and chips...what a waste.

I miss the Boston cafe in Jusco, the food and price not bad..coffee and tea also good..

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thamara's seafood fried rice, lamb chop with mint sauce and stewed lamb shank is really good, and cheap too!
Went last month and found it closed :(
Anyone knows whether they are operating elsewhere?

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thamara's seafood fried rice, lamb chop with mint sauce and stewed lamb shank is really good, and cheap too!
Went last month and found it closed :(
Anyone knows whether they are operating elsewhere?

Agree with you. Food is very good and value for money. I am asking the same question too.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know that JB is unlike Singapore in many ways but I was wondering if there is an equivalent of the following places in JB:-

1) Meidi-ya/Cold Storage - Choice cuts of beef/condiments
2) Holland Village/Clarke Quay - Quaint eateries/food joints/cafe
3) Hotel buffets

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is cold storage at plaza pelangi but no good cut of beef I'm afraid ...

For item 2, think danga bay will be the closest but by no way they are of same standards. Or else lido 8 nearby which is like a colonial British building with nice ambience ... Have not been to lido 8 but heard much raved about it. They have Facebook

I know that JB is unlike Singapore in many ways but I was wondering if there is an equivalent of the following places in JB:-

3) Hotel buffets

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is cold storage at plaza pelangi but no good cut of beef I'm afraid ...

For item 2, think danga bay will be the closest but by no way they are of same standards. Or else lido 8 nearby which is like a colonial British building with nice ambience ... Have not been to lido 8 but heard much raved about it. They have Facebook

i think those shops near Sutera mall have the most number and quite nice eateries/ cafes/ food joints, ambience wise okay too...passable?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely passable. Sutera = holland v; danga = Clarek quay (water view) :wink:

We are creating the landmark of "little Singapore" in JB hehe. Sometime back some guys here also tagged the developments/districts in JB against Sg. I was always amused by it :smile:

i think those shops near Sutera mall have the most number and quite nice eateries/ cafes/ food joints, ambience wise okay too...passable?

Last edited:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't think there is any around. Last time the jap buffet near sutra mall is good. Standard had since crashed.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

3) Hotel buffets

Just tried the international lunch buffet at KSL resort today. The food is average, no oyster type of buffet. Price Rm38++ but can wait for groupon deal at Rm28.
6d6935cf.jpg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh you mean they have shut down? I remember they are normally not crowded.

Yeah shut down already, that time the waiter told me their boss have disagreement with Jusco and all their outlets at Jusco are shutdown, only left the outlet at Austin which I have not visited before.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday I tried Chua kee for lunch , it was not bad. How to go new Chua kee from old Chua kee? My gps dun hv this new address n I dun understand fr e map.

To go to the New Chua Kee, go back to old Gelang Patah road, drive towards Pontian direction, pass the junction turning into the new Nusantara estate and at the next road junction turn left into those shoplot. It is just after a minimart. It is also inside the Nusantara estate but use this road that turn direct into the shoplot.

The place is usually full on Saturday and Sunday night with many Sgeans as well and on some Tuesday, they are not open for business.

Address: 17 & 19, Jalan Nusa Ria, Taman Nusan Tara.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend's sister (Malaysian) who lived in Bestari area told me that it is not advisable to use food delivery service to home. This is because it is inviting unnecessary stranger to come close to your house. She said robbery can happen when you are taking the 'food' after opening the gate to let the delivery guy into your house compound. I am not sure how true this is but this came from someone who has been living in JB.