• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB Food

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
We visited Austin outlet for breakfast and was disappointed with the food. :(

Yeah shut down already, that time the waiter told me their boss have disagreement with Jusco and all their outlets at Jusco are shutdown, only left the outlet at Austin which I have not visited before.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nomadoi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks johorkaki! Tried matang seafood porridge today, nice! But I had tried prawn plus frog porridge in Guangzhou ( extremely dirty coffee shop) the taste is still unbeatable....not even lobster porridge in Singapore. Will visit matang again cheers!

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any good coffee shops (those with lots of stalls for you to choose what you wanna eat) to recommend in Bukit Indah area?

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any good coffee shops (those with lots of stalls for you to choose what you wanna eat) to recommend in Bukit Indah area?

In JB, it is very hard to find coffeeshops with lots of stalls. There is one beside Old Town Coffee along nusa bestari heading towards Sutera side.

You just need to walk/drive along the stretch of shophouses near Giant and you will find not coffeeshops but all kinds of eateries with reasonable prices.

From Chinese, Indian, Malay, vegetarian, Vietnamese, nonya, Korean , Thai - you are spoilt for choice. Enjoy :smile:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any good vegetarian food to recommend?

can try the newly opened 7 fortune vegetarian restaurant at Nusa Bestari. Its along the same stretch as Uncle Jang but further in. Got a wide variety ranging from zhi char to sushi. For quick and simple lunch/dinner, can just order their RM4.50 fried rice/ hor fun etc. Their fruit/vege drinks are a must try.

cheers.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
can try the newly opened 7 fortune vegetarian restaurant at Nusa Bestari. Its along the same stretch as Uncle Jang but further in. Got a wide variety ranging from zhi char to sushi. For quick and simple lunch/dinner, can just order their RM4.50 fried rice/ hor fun etc. Their fruit/vege drinks are a must try.

cheers.

thank yonglip!

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opposite Tesco, the single storey shophouses with am bank at the corner. There are 2 corner coffee shops (one facing main road and one further in facing car park) not bad with good varieties of stalls. Both char koay teow not bad, one from Penang bukit mertajam and one from Perlis.

Thanks I noticed these shops yesterday when I went to the Tattoo carwash there. With this info coming frm a Penang gal, I'd sure believe and definitely try out next time! :wink:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi the popiah in a eatery called "House of Mee rebus" is not bad, Rm2.20 per roll cut into six slices. The eatery is next to the coffee shop that is next to Crystal cafe at Bukit Indah.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't know when there is a group visit to the durian plantation to have durian buffet. Tot wanted to bring my family to try, but only 1 car no kaki, very scared, go sutera buy ...... Rm10 for 1 when open looks good bring back not so fresh. Bought a box from the fridge at the durian vendor rm50 Mao Shan wan, very good! Next time only want Mao Shan wan.... The best!

Used to meet up bikers friends, cars all same model friends, here ppl hard to meet!!

Last edited:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can try KipMart for durians too.

Don't know when there is a group visit to the durian plantation to have durian buffet. Tot wanted to bring my family to try, but only 1 car no kaki, very scared, go sutera buy ...... Rm10 for 1 when open looks good bring back not so fresh. Bought a box from the fridge at the durian vendor rm50 Mao Shan wan, very good! Next time only want Mao Shan wan.... The best!

Used to meet up bikers friends, cars all same model friends, here ppl hard to meet!!

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Took family to Crystal Pearl Restaurant in Bukit Indah for dinner tonite. I would not recommend it.
Firstly, I made the mistake of going to the toilet to wash my hands before having my Dinner. BIG MISTAKE...... I leave it to your imagination.....
Then came the food, the plate that the rice came on still had dried on remains that looked as if the plate was not washed!!!!! The Fish Head in the curry looked and tasted as if it was in the freezer for a very long time...... The kid's meal had an egg mayonnaise sandwich which my kids normally eat very heartily. This time around after a couple of bites, they refused eat any more!!! When I tasted it, the mayonnaise in the egg sandwich tasted quite different....... Finally, service....... I quess "I owe them a living" even though I thought I was paying for it......
It might have had a good rating sometime back BUT I guess standard has plummeted......

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Took family to Crystal Pearl Restaurant in Bukit Indah for dinner tonite. I would not recommend it.
Firstly, I made the mistake of going to the toilet to wash my hands before having my Dinner. BIG MISTAKE...... I leave it to your imagination.....
Then came the food, the plate that the rice came on still had dried on remains that looked as if the plate was not washed!!!!! The Fish Head in the curry looked and tasted as if it was in the freezer for a very long time...... The kid's meal had an egg mayonnaise sandwich which my kids normally eat very heartily. This time around after a couple of bites, they refused eat any more!!! When I tasted it, the mayonnaise in the egg sandwich tasted quite different....... Finally, service....... I quess "I owe them a living" even though I thought I was paying for it......
It might have had a good rating sometime back BUT I guess standard has plummeted......

I tried before sometimes back. Didn't know the standard drop. Maybe the boss which has another coffee shop further down (opposite Petronas) make money and don't rather care this. Noticed that there are quite a number of eateries nearby eg S11 business seem so good. FYI, there are two newly open seafood restaurants behind the stretch of shoplot , same row as S11..

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal

cheers.

Nice food, tried the curry fish, 'gan lan toufu', sweat n sour ham, monkey head.

Another i can recommend is Qilin, at Sutera area and Austin.

Their fried noodles and cereal prawns are great.

Set lunch will recommend Bah Kut Teh.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tried before sometimes back. Didn't know the standard drop. Maybe the boss which has another coffee shop further down (opposite Petronas) make money and don't rather care this. Noticed that there are quite a number of eateries nearby eg S11 business seem so good. FYI, there are two newly open seafood restaurants behind the stretch of shoplot , same row as S11..

Thanks for the Infor..