• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB Food

SNSD2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seafood restaurants at the Orang Asli Village near Taman Laguna is overly-rated . Maybe I went to the wrong one and at the wrong time. How to enjoy the food while looking over a sea of rubbish ? :*:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
@ bukit indah between jalan indah 16/4 n 16/8, there's a corner's kopitam, e hor fun RM$4.50 economical, and besides a malay street hawker selling nice nice satay as well.

Last edited:

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Potter, good things are good to share earlier leh...pls don't keep my stomach in suspense..hehe

Dunno lei..just no how to eat nai lie.. Besides it, got one selling newspaper stall.
There is one open eating place @kulai. . Nice to makan there in e evening.. Tell u next time.

barra10

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I am new to this forum..
Was driving from Horizon Hills towards Bukit Indah Aeon and saw some shophouses on the right side..There's some restaurant and corner coffeeshops.
Anyone tried the food there ? Appreciate if you can give some feedback.
Also..any nice seafood restaurant around that area ?

Thanks for the input

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I am new to this forum..
Was driving from Horizon Hills towards Bukit Indah Aeon and saw some shophouses on the right side..There's some restaurant and corner coffeeshops.
Anyone tried the food there ? Appreciate if you can give some feedback.
Also..any nice seafood restaurant around that area ?

Thanks for the input

Hi I had tried the bak ku teh and fish soup there erh... for the taste acceptable. I had tried one seafood resturant near gelah patah there..from tuas you exit potian you will come to one T junction left is to Setai eco garden but you take right and go all the way straight and you will see a seafood resturant call TIAN LAI Seafood shop not bad and price very reasonable than the one near Taman Laguna. Taste good as well.:smile: but i suggest you go around 5 plus coz if late and nite the place look abit quiet.

Theres also another place very near AEON in but is at the housing side it a corner place Name TSIM SHA TSUI resturant char siew very nice")

Last edited:

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tried hai wan zi char at jalan indah 16/7 and found some of the dishes quite tasty..their Assam fish,any stired fried veg and chicken floss beancurd are reasonably nice and priced but not for San bei ji, marmite chicken and claypot sea cucumber. Overall, I rated 3.5 out of 5. In front of the shop, there is a van selling durian at rm6 per kg. His durian is value for $ as the flesh is thick and bitter, taste similar to Mao Shan Wang. He will be there every weekend think from late afternoon till 8 plus in the evening. Enjoy ya for durian lover..

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tried the dim sum recommended by jasonjst. The shop is located at Bestari , same row as RHB Bank/Uncle Jung. I agreed the food is comparable to Chaw yuan. Tang bao and steam teochew siew mai are nice. However, they are shortage of manpower in their kitchen and thus, the food is served slower when they have a crowd.
Tried crispy roast shop too. Char siew is tasty but not for the chicken. The soup provided is like home cooked one. Yummy..

SNSD2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The dim sum restaurant is called Chang Man...now having 50% discount for chicken rice set from 6 pm to 9 pm on weekdays.. i think.
Selling at 3 RM instead of 6 rm per set. Their chicken is nice especially the chillii. I love their dim sum. Much better than Chaw Yuan's (my taste)

We have gone there thrice. Will be back .

Nearby, Banana Leaf Indian Restaurant is open for business. Indian food- another of my favourites :smile:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any good recommendation for nice nasi briyani in and around Bukit Indah area?

So far the best I tried is Habbis at Nusa Bestari , near RHB bank . Best is go during lunch hour where the rice and chicken are crispy and fresh . Last time they come with many cashew nuts , now a day like no more leh ! :confused:

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tried hai wan zi char at jalan indah 16/7 and found some of the dishes quite tasty..their Assam fish,any stired fried veg and chicken floss beancurd are reasonably nice and priced but not for San bei ji, marmite chicken and claypot sea cucumber. Overall, I rated 3.5 out of 5. In front of the shop, there is a van selling durian at rm6 per kg. His durian is value for $ as the flesh is thick and bitter, taste similar to Mao Shan Wang. He will be there every weekend think from late afternoon till 8 plus in the evening. Enjoy ya for durian lover..

Hey you can try Yi Jia Seafood at Bukit Indah 2 , good quality too !

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alrite, thanks. Will try next time. May I know of their specialities?
Btw, anyone else here can advise on good north Indian food at bt indah or nearby? I think sky deck at pariss hotel does serve north indian food but I have yet to try it.

Hey you can try Yi Jia Seafood at Bukit Indah 2 , good quality too !

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi , this shop near to any landmark ? tks

Its the row of shops opp CIMB Bank at Perling along Jalan Simbang. Johor Kaki reviewed a couple of eateries along that row of shops. I tried two penang fried kway teow stalls reviewed by Johor Kaki. First one at Medan Selera Kim Ling = Good and tasty. The other one I tried which is a few shops down from Kim Ling ...Restoran Leong Sing Huat...the kway teow not as good as KimLing's one...and the penang prawn mee...no fight with the one at Heng Hengs in Taman Pelangi. EAch link/review has an associated googlemap. Johor Kaki even create his custom googlemap too. Very useful if you have android offline googlemap mode.

http://johorkaki.blogspot.tw/search/label/Fried Kway Teow
http://johorkaki.blogspot.tw/2012/09/san-ming-penang-prawn-mee-in-hengs.html

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
For people who like to bake and make pasteries/cakes...there is a well stocked bakery shop at Taman Perling where you can get all your bakery accessories, ingredients etc. I got to know this place cos I went there with my colleague who loves banking. She told me about this place and was very happy to get her stuff there (of which some are cheaper than SG).

http://perlingindah.blogspot.sg/