• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB charging RM20 for foreign car visiting ? Is it confirm ?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Driving fast and driving recklessly is 2 matter altogether. You will feel it is bad enough to have people breathing down your neck. Every Single movement will be watched. What you have made is a broad and sweeping statement. What Constitute a reckless behaviour that you need to be penalized ? To what degree it is reckless ? That's always the sweeping statement from Singkie living in their own dream World. It's is always black and white to them but while the world is always grey. What is black and white government will always decide for you.

In Mudland, Police is the only group of people you need no fear from.
This part is true.
Nothing to fear as long as you are willing to pay and you fear because you cannot pay even if you wanted to.

Since you're unsure of the meaning of reckless here you are :

From the dictionary : rash, heedless, incautious, negligent, imprudent, careless.
utterly unconcerned about the consequences of some action; without caution

On the road it is an action that disregard the safety of himself and others.
It is an act of selfishness that only satisfy his own without any consideration for others.

If any of the above fits you than your are reckless driver.
Serious ones like speeding way above the speed limit, beating the red light are reckless actions that truly deserves to be penalized because your driving skill may not be that good or your car may not be in that good condition you thought.
However, if due to your reckless actions on the road and only you and your car and one else got damaged, its fine. Who cares.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its very strange that there are people saying jams are of thing of the past. After the RM 20, atrocious jams over the weekends are still there ( I can only see a 5% reduction in traffic at best )

But have to admit during off peak period the traffic has improved considerably.

You know why?
With 300,000 people rush to work in SG, joined by some Singaporeans also rushing back to SG to work, this bottle-neck jam is unavoidable.
Unless of cos the economy is so bad in SG that many of the 300,000 plus some of those Singaporeans got retrenched, the situation will not change.
As for off-peak, people can choose not to go, see the difference??

LTA will roll out S$6.70 per entry VVEP for foreign-registered vehicles on 1st Dec 2016 for sure. Showtime. That's when we will really see a massive drop in traffic.

Read carefully first, I said : "The 2 hour jam is history now, at least for the time being".

What so strange about this??
Before the new RC, being stuck in a jam for an hour is normal and it was a perpetual jam from before daybreak till late night, about 18 hours a day of serious traffic jam.
After implementation of RC, the off peak hours was traffic free.
Actually, I don't really mind to pay few dollars more for a traffic free driving.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, each country will protect their own citizens. Some noted that SG govt screw their own citizens!

I wonder why there are people who felt screwed in SG.
SG though the roads are now paved in gold but is really a land of opportunities.
Peasants in SG had the opportunity to own properties and also buy landed properties in JB and some further away.
Peasants in JB had the opportunity to also buy landed properties in JB.
Everyday, 300,000 people had the opportunity to earn a better living in SG and are willing to brave the elements and mega traffic jams daily.
Perhaps another few hundred thousands SPRs, willing to pay obscene amount of money to buy a pigeon hole apartment in SG whereby with that amount, they can easily buy a large landed property in their hometown.
And not forgetting another few hundred thousands foreigners trying so hard to get a job in SG and wanted so much to stay.
So if SG is so screwed, why is this happening?
I made my fortune in SG and I'm really glad I did and to be in the right place at the right time.
So, those who felt screwed are probably under achievers or those can't recognize an opportunity even when facing one.
And for those moved away and rather be screwed by a foreign govt., its another story.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sg tourism has rebounded this season, probably partly due to forest city. Forest city sold 12000 units within this year, of course those china buyers must come and see this 'beside Singapore' freehold very cheap development right? So remember jb not dependent on sg forever, sometimes sg also depends on jb. Folks need to break out of this you win means I lose mentality. Both sg and jb can definitely Huat together.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG though the roads are now paved in gold but is really a land of opportunities.
Peasants in SG had the opportunity to own properties and also buy landed properties in JB and some further away.
Everyday, 300,000 people had the opportunity to earn a better living in SG and are willing to brave the elements and mega traffic jams daily.
Perhaps another few hundred thousands SPRs, willing to pay obscene amount of money to buy a pigeon hole apartment in SG whereby with that amount, they can easily buy a large landed property in their hometown.
And not forgetting another few hundred thousands foreigners trying so hard to get a job in SG and wanted so much to stay.
I made my fortune in SG and I'm really glad I did and to be in the right place at the right time.
So, those who felt screwed are probably under achievers or those can't recognize an opportunity even when facing one.
And for those moved away and rather be screwed by a foreign govt., its another story.

The opportunities in Singapore are for foreigners, sinkies are screwed both in Singapore and Johor, the biggest difference is that Malaysians have access to cheap Malaysian homes, whereas foreigners must buy properties over RM1m. This is a huge difference.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
The opportunities in Singapore are for foreigners, sinkies are screwed both in Singapore and Johor, the biggest difference is that Malaysians have access to cheap Malaysian homes, whereas foreigners must buy properties over RM1m. This is a huge difference.

In Singapore to own a new car, you need to pay 3 to 4 more time to get it then in Malaysia. That's to say we need to shoulder 4 more x of car loan to own a car. That's is also to say that if you own a car in Singapore, JB with the same amount of money can own 4 cars at the same time.

That also to say that 1 car owned is 4 X car own in Malaysia. Singaporean is actually much screwed because of PAP policy.What we lack in size, we make up for quantity.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

I rather be a Malaysian earning good money in Singapore then be a Singkie earning the same amount. I rather be a Malaysian and screwed softly by PAP. Then be a Singaporean. If i am a Malaysian, i be more then happy to screw Singaporean with the open door policy. While Malaysian rejoice, Singaporean screwed big time.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not sure if you are talking about me, but for the record I don't hold the view that that SG is screwed, but I believe many Singaporeans feel that they are being screwed by their own govt. For example, even though I don't live (or rather sleep) in SG, I am still working in SG and paying income taxes to IRAS, and need to spend in SG, and still have a house in SG which also need to pay property tax IRAS. But yet I am no longer eligible to get GST cash rebates anymore because of the country of residence, I consider this an anomalous situation. My time spent in both countries is about 50/50 in any given week. I do feel screwed about this part. I mean, it's not like I am out of Singapore far far away and hardly step foot in SG in a year, at least they can implement it with eyes opened and know that I am earning a salary in SG which means there are expenses incurred in SG. Remember I am peasant so the GST rebate is really useful to me, if maybe it isn't to you. Of course there are other things which I feel things can be better. Other fellow Singaporeans may have their own issues.

Like I said earlier, if you have made your pile in SG because you were born at right time right place in right family, good on you. You have little or nothing to complain about, except maybe to complain about some of us in this forum. But not everyone of us are in such fortunate circumstances or well placed to be able to take hold of opportunities to huat big time. I moved away to JB for a better life for my family. So far I don't feel being screwed by JB govt...at least not yet. On the contrary the feeling is different, that we can be allowed to buy houses and cars at a fraction of what it would cost in SG, and get to use these things. I mean, even if Bangkok or Vietnam or London or even Australia have cheap cars and houses, what use is that to me? I can't live there or drive there while still working in SG, right? So at the end of the day, I think we choose the kind of life we want for the particular season of our lives. What we can do for each other is wish each other the best, and not (to put it in a not nice way) curse the other person to lose money, lose life, get raped, get robbed in JB or what not.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

It depends. If buying condo, foreigners still can buy above RM500K for some condo projects. So if they buy studio apartments or 1+1 kind, after discount maybe the unit just around RM400K. Still not as cheap as what Malaysians can buy, but then it did not require RM1m also.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I rather be a Malaysian earning good money in Singapore then be a Singkie earning the same amount. I rather be a Malaysian and screwed softly by PAP. Then be a Singaporean. If i am a Malaysian, i be more then happy to screw Singaporean with the open door policy. While Malaysian rejoice, Singaporean screwed big time.

You got my point exactly.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
It depends. If buying condo, foreigners still can buy above RM500K for some condo projects. So if they buy studio apartments or 1+1 kind, after discount maybe the unit just around RM400K. Still not as cheap as what Malaysians can buy, but then it did not require RM1m also.

That is kind of backdoor method, once all the old developments dry up, all will be rm1m for foreigners.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if you are talking about me, but for the record I don't hold the view that that SG is screwed, but I believe many Singaporeans feel that they are being screwed by their own govt. For example, even though I don't live (or rather sleep) in SG, I am still working in SG and paying income taxes to IRAS, and need to spend in SG, and still have a house in SG which also need to pay property tax IRAS. But yet I am no longer eligible to get GST cash rebates anymore because of the country of residence, I consider this an anomalous situation. My time spent in both countries is about 50/50 in any given week. I do feel screwed about this part. I mean, it's not like I am out of Singapore far far away and hardly step foot in SG in a year, at least they can implement it with eyes opened and know that I am earning a salary in SG which means there are expenses incurred in SG. Remember I am peasant so the GST rebate is really useful to me, if maybe it isn't to you. Of course there are other things which I feel things can be better. Other fellow Singaporeans may have their own issues.

Like I said earlier, if you have made your pile in SG because you were born at right time right place in right family, good on you. You have little or nothing to complain about, except maybe to complain about some of us in this forum. But not everyone of us are in such fortunate circumstances or well placed to be able to take hold of opportunities to huat big time. I moved away to JB for a better life for my family. So far I don't feel being screwed by JB govt...at least not yet. On the contrary the feeling is different, that we can be allowed to buy houses and cars at a fraction of what it would cost in SG, and get to use these things. I mean, even if Bangkok or Vietnam or London or even Australia have cheap cars and houses, what use is that to me? I can't live there or drive there while still working in SG, right? So at the end of the day, I think we choose the kind of life we want for the particular season of our lives. What we can do for each other is wish each other the best, and not (to put it in a not nice way) curse the other person to lose money, lose life, get raped, get robbed in JB or what not.

Bro no need to worry even I feel screwed as a Singaporean lol I made my pile here and feel it is time to move.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is kind of backdoor method, once all the old developments dry up, all will be rm1m for foreigners.

Actually some of these condo projects are still under construction and TOP-ing in 2018. And given the over-supply situation it may take a while for supply to dry up.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

You said "Some noted that SG govt screw their own citizens", and I was referring to them however, you may felt some similarities there and thought I was talking about you.
Accordingly to what you described, you are not spending time 50/50 in both countries.
You may technically qualify but in reality, you came back to work in SG like the other 300,000 Malaysians who are living in MY.
If the working hours is considered as "living in SG" then all 300,000 of them are also living 50/50 in both countries.
Technically, all 300,000 including you are all considered guest workers.
Having a permanent address for yourself elsewhere is considered "not residing in SG" and hence not eligible for the goodies so you are not screwed by the govt but actually screwed yourself.
Want the goodies, live in SG. Best of both worlds, not so easy dude.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You said "Some noted that SG govt screw their own citizens", and I was referring to them however, you may felt some similarities there and thought I was talking about you.
Accordingly to what you described, u are not spending time 50/50 in both countries.
You may technically qualify but in reality, you came back to work in SG like the other 300,000 Malaysians who are living in MY.
If the working hours is considered as "living in SG" then all 300,000 of them are also living 50/50 in both countries.
Technically, all 300,000 including you are all considered guest workers.
Having a permanent address for yourself elsewhere is considered "not residing in SG" and hence not eligible for the goodies so you are not screwed by the govt but actually screwed yourself.
Want the goodies, live in SG. Best of both worlds, not so easy dude.

You forgot I am SG citizen, so the label of guest worker is absurd to say the least. Even more ridiculous is the notion that I screwed myself by moving to JB. I would happily forgo that GST cash rebate to move over to JB if I have to do it again. Don't forget that I also have a permanent address in Singapore. But what I feel screwed about is that such policies are implemented without thinking of the actual realities, letter of the law vs spirit of the law. A policy that is unthinkingly applied which causes citizens to lose their entitlement is flawed, the way I see it. You don't have to agree with me, and neither do I want to debate further on this as I have made my basis known.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG is not screwed but blessed by natural resources of harbour etc ( well at least for the past umpteen years until now). But SG citizens are screwed by a govt that wrongly favours foreigners. This is a fact. You may not feel it if you grow up in a family who has everything planned out for you. There are others who have to think hard at age 16 whether to study polytechnic to graduate in three years or study Jc to graduate in five or six years after university. And what courses to take in JC so as to qualify for what course in university. How much will it take and where to get the money?

Of course the top notch students with good ECAs get the few scholarships that paid for everything but there are many who are not top notch but good enough to get into university. Zero help from the govt for these students from poorer family. Meanwhile the govt gives plenty free scholarships to foreign students who are B graders and pay everything for them from accommodation to studies. Not even bond for these foreigners except to work in Spore while Spore students who get local scholarship with low value have to contend with bond obligation and stuck to a job that you dislike or pay up with penalties. This is just one example of zero help for poor Sporean students while great generosity for foreigner "poor" students, including msians.

And if you are single, under 35 and need a roof over your head. Good luck again as PAP for many years favoured giving single Msian SPR siblings the ability to buy flat while Sporeans have to be orphan to buy flat with siblings. So you struggle to save every penny to buy a private apartment and immediately they have no shame to qualify you as rich and you can say sayonara to any goodies. Perhaps the only goodie available is income tax rebate. In contrast Msia govt is so progressive to allow singles above 21 to buy low cost flat. And look at all the goodies that are given free to ALL msians like Rm1 or few rm medical fees. Msia GOVT boleh!

Last edited:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
You forgot I am SG citizen, so the label of guest worker is absurd to say the least. Even more ridiculous is the notion that I screwed myself by moving to JB. I would happily forgo that GST cash rebate to move over to JB if I have to do it again. Don't forget that I also have a permanent address in Singapore. But what I feel screwed about is that such policies are implemented without thinking of the actual realities, letter of the law vs spirit of the law. A policy that is unthinkingly applied which causes citizens to lose their entitlement is flawed, the way I see it. You don't have to agree with me, and neither do I want to debate further on this as I have made my basis known.

Looks like you've got many things wrong.
My cousins who'd been working and living in the US for the last 15 years but retain their pink IC still get their CPF top ups.
I'm sure you still get it too, as a citizen.
Since you are residing in JB permanently now, which means you'll not be spending your income in SG so why should you be getting that GST rebates? Even having a permanent address in SG but not residing there don't count.
My cousins also don't get the GST rebates.
As for yourself, a SG citizen, you earned the money in SG but spend it all elsewhere, hence contributing nothing to SG's economy so you should not whine about not getting the cash rebates.
And if you do give some pocket money to your aged parents and they spend it, it is their spending, not yours.
The guest workers also earned their money in SG and spend it back home which is logic because they are not Singaporeans.
And I did not say you screwed yourself for moving to JB, read carefully.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like you've got many things wrong.
My cousins who'd been working and living in the US for the last 15 years but retain their pink IC still get their CPF top ups.
I'm sure you still get it too, as a citizen.
Since you are residing in JB permanently now, which means you'll not be spending your income in SG so why should you be getting that GST rebates? Even having a permanent address in SG but not residing there don't count.
My cousins also don't get the GST rebates.
As for yourself, a SG citizen, you earned the money in SG but spend it all elsewhere, hence contributing nothing to SG's economy so you should not whine about not getting the cash rebates.
And if you do give some pocket money to your aged parents and they spend it, it is their spending, not yours.
The guest workers also earned their money in SG and spend it back home which is logic because they are not Singaporeans.
And I did not say you screwed yourself for moving to JB, read carefully.

Your cousins who are living and working in the US (and for the past 15 years!!!) is hardly a comparable example to someone who lives in JB and works in SG. That is exactly what I meant by blindly applying policy without eyes opened to the realities. Your cousins are not even working in SG, and so they literally contribute nothing to SG economy. But here you are saying that by working in SG I do not contribute to SG at all? Seriously? Even more unbelievable is that you are saying that while I am working in Singapore I don't spend any money at all in Singapore? Or that the times when I bring my family into Singapore to visit parents that we don't spend any money on public transport to say the least? Is my money that is spent in SG somehow earmarked and mysteriously channelled into Malaysia? As for money given to parents who spend it, why would that not qualify as income spent in SG? Or must I personally pay for their meals and utilities to be considered as my spending? To think like that is ludicrous to say the least. As to the last part, if I had not moved to JB, would you even mention the part about me screwing myself? Or are you saying that even if I had not moved but remained in SG I still would be screwing myself...by allowing the govt to screw me?

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your cousins who are living in US is hardly a comparable example to someome who lives in JB and works in SG. That is exactly what I meant by blindly applying policy without eyes opened to the realities. Your cousins are not even working in SG, they literally contribute nothing to SG economy. But here younare saying that by working in SG I do not contribute to SG at all? Even more unbelievable is that you are saying that while working in Singapore I don't spend any money at all in Singapore? That the times when I bring my family into Singapore to visit parents that we don't spend money on public transport to say the least? As for money given to parents who spend it, why would that not qualify as income spent in SG? Or must it be that I personally pay for their meals and utilities then considered as my spemding? To think like that is ludicrous to say the least. As to the last part, if I had not moved to JB, would you even mention the part about me screwing myself? Or are you saying that even if I had not moved but remained in SG I still would be screwing myself...by allowing the govt to screw me?

His cousins are in the US, we need not guess why they are not living in Singapore, nuff said!