• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB charging RM20 for foreign car visiting ? Is it confirm ?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunday noon.
Traffic free on Causeway and 2nd Link towards JB

Don't know why Singaporeans want to go there with heavy tolls now, assuming peasant car like Honda Vezel, you pump in Singapore full tank one week about SGD50 and then discount here and there become $40, take into account the tolls $20 then it is $20 nia. Some more no need to drive from Singapore all the way, which uses fuel and also brave 2 hour jams. Really don't see the rationale to go in .

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't know why Singaporeans want to go there with heavy tolls now, assuming peasant car like Honda Vezel, you pump in Singapore full tank one week about SGD50 and then discount here and there become $40, take into account the tolls $20 then it is $20 nia. Some more no need to drive from Singapore all the way, which uses fuel and also brave 2 hour jams. Really don't see the rationale to go in .

Most often than not Singaporeans like me go to jb to destress ourselves .we do save some $ here and there but it's not all about saving money.When we cross over,it becomes somewhere else much more relaxing .we don't have to look over shoulder in a panicky way If Lta is there to write saman when u stop by the road to do a quick buy.in spore they even have cameras almost everywhere.Parking space ample In jb unlike spore people fight over car park space.People get stressed over long Q.It does effect your well being.while it can result in some savings,it makes you feel relaxed and appreciate quality of life more.now to some people that itself can be priceless

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most often than not Singaporeans like me go to jb to destress ourselves .we do save some $ here and there but it's not all about saving money.When we cross over,it becomes somewhere else much more relaxing .we don't have to look over shoulder in a panicky way If Lta is there to write saman when u stop by the road to do a quick buy.in spore they even have cameras almost everywhere.Parking space ample In jb unlike spore people fight over car park space.People get stressed over long Q.It does effect your well being.while it can result in some savings,it makes you feel relaxed and appreciate quality of life more.now to some people that itself can be priceless

I can agree with you but everything has it's price but a round trip of $27 is an expensive way to destress, and being stuck for two hours in and out definitely cancels out any destressing in Johor.

I found not having to rush to avoid a jam last Saturday and spending some quality time in Singapore was more destressing.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can agree with you but everything has it's price but a round trip of $27 is an expensive way to destress, and being stuck for two hours in and out definitely cancels out any destressing in Johor.

I found not having to rush to avoid a jam last Saturday and spending some quality time in Singapore was more destressing.

Fear not, fear not.
The 2 hour jam is history now, at least for the time being.
Another traffic free day, yeah!!
This should be extremely advantageous for the new property launches - See in out Singapore no traffic jam at all!.
Time to celebrate for the investors / flippers.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's like no one breathing down your neck. In Singapore , it is a total different matter. If you drive faster, you be snap a picture. If you delay too long, LTA will snap a picture of you. Send you a fine. I have just got a fine and they actually wave off without fining me. But the letter reached me 1 month later. I have paid the fine.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fear not, fear not.
This should be extremely advantageous for the new property launches - See in out Singapore no traffic jam at all!.

Weekends still jammed, better just avoid, after all the sinkies will be back soon......they never learn.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's like no one breathing down your neck. In Singapore , it is a total different matter. If you drive faster, you be snap a picture. If you delay too long, LTA will snap a picture of you. Send you a fine. I have just got a fine and they actually wave off without fining me. But the letter reached me 1 month later. I have paid the fine.

You got a traffic fine was because you were driving carelessly or what?
However, if it was due to carelessness, then you should be penalized and fined to protect other road users.
What's is your worry if you don't drive recklessly or what you mean is even when you drive carelessly in MY, you'll be fine and don't get fined?

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
I seriously doubt anyones drives 60kmph on the roads as limited.
Or 90kmph on the highways at all times even when roads are clear…

Zzzzz

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fear not, fear not.
It is free flowing traffic because of the reckless, ever increasing toll charges and not forgetting the impending VEP on SG plate. Would you even consider buying a property in Malaysia after learning what's going on for the past few years?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is free flowing traffic because of the reckless, ever increasing toll charges and not forgetting the impending VEP on SG plate. Would you even consider buying a property in Malaysia after learning what's going on for the past few years?

"Just by the stroke of a pen" - people had totally forgotten those words spoken by wise man.
And with a stroke of a pen, new policy can be implemented, new rules and regulations can be enforced which will definitely affect some people if not most, too bad if you're just one of them.
What is happening now is just a minor inconvenience that cost some money but on the bright side, no traffic jam for off peak travels!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Just by the stroke of a pen" - people had totally forgotten those words spoken by wise man.
And with a stroke of a pen, new policy can be implemented, new rules and regulations can be enforced which will definitely affect some people if not most, too bad if you're just one of them.
What is happening now is just a minor inconvenience that cost some money but on the bright side, no traffic jam for off peak travels!

If I am not mistaken, "at the stroke of a pen" policy changes happens to most countries, SG not excepted. We have our fair share of them too, which affect individuals, businesses and corporations in various ways.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am not mistaken, "at the stroke of a pen" policy changes happens to most countries, SG not excepted. We have our fair share of them too, which affect individuals, businesses and corporations in various ways.

Except that most "stroke of a pen" polices up north only targeted at foreigners, not it's own citizens, BIG difference and somethings Sibgaporean investors should be aware of.

This RC and VEP is clearly targeted at Singapore registered cars only.......many more to come.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its very strange that there are people saying jams are of thing of the past. After the RM 20, atrocious jams over the weekends are still there ( I can only see a 5% reduction in traffic at best )

But have to admit during off peak period the traffic has improved considerably.

LTA will roll out S$6.70 per entry VVEP for foreign-registered vehicles on 1st Dec 2016 for sure. Showtime. That's when we will really see a massive drop in traffic.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Except that most "stroke of a pen" polices up north only targeted at foreigners, not it's own citizens, BIG difference and somethings Sibgaporean investors should be aware of.

This RC and VEP is clearly targeted at Singapore registered cars only.......many more to come.

Well, each country will protect their own citizens. Some noted that SG govt screw their own citizens!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got a traffic fine was because you were driving carelessly or what?
However, if it was due to carelessness, then you should be penalized and fined to protect other road users.
What's is your worry if you don't drive recklessly or what you mean is even when you drive carelessly in MY, you'll be fine and don't get fined?

Driving fast and driving recklessly is 2 matter altogether. You will feel it is bad enough to have people breathing down your neck. Every Single movement will be watched. What you have made is a broad and sweeping statement. What Constitute a reckless behaviour that you need to be penalized ? To what degree it is reckless ? That's always the sweeping statement from Singkie living in their own dream World. It's is always black and white to them but while the world is always grey. What is black and white government will always decide for you.

In Mudland, Police is the only group of people you need no fear from.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its very strange that there are people saying jams are of thing of the past. After the RM 20, atrocious jams over the weekends are still there ( I can only see a 5% reduction in traffic at best )

But have to admit during off peak period the traffic has improved considerably.

LTA will roll out S$6.70 per entry VVEP for foreign-registered vehicles on 1st Dec 2016 for sure. Showtime. That's when we will really see a massive drop in traffic.

The foreign cars who drove in are mainly for business, that's is to say make money.

It is logical these foreign vehicle pay much higher fees. After all , how much does a car or a even 2nd hand car cost in Malaysia ? I can easily buy a 2nd hand car costing less then 20K Rm and drive in and out of Singapore for life. If i am running a business from JB Malaysia, i be much better off.

Last edited: