• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

J B Jeyaretnam has passed away

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
at the end of his life , he realise it is all fake as he claime to fight for workers right but backstab them with NS that has no pay for 2 years with forced labour. Many NS slaves waiting for him with torture equipment in hell.

metta

All things good and evil must come to an end.

As I write this, Mr. JB Jeyaratnam body lies in state, awaiting that final journey which we all must make someday. Many pay their last respects and the accolades keep coming. It is indeed shock, of pain, of knowing, too, that time and tide indeed wait for no man. Join me to dedicate or Transference of merits to him.

Namo Tasso Bhagavato Arahato Sama Samabuddhassa (3 times)
Idam me natinam hotu- sukhita hontu natayo(3times)

Avoid Evil, Do Good, Purify the Mind, This is the teaching of the Buddha

The Three Universal Characteristics of Existence(Ti-lakkhana 三法印)
All formations are:-

1) Impermanent/transient(Anicaa) 无常
2) Unsatisfactory nature(Dukkha)苦
3) Insubstantial/no permanent entity(Anatta)无我

Aniccavatta Sankhara Uppadavaya Dhammino
Transient are all component things, subject are they to birth and then decay.

May you attain the bliss of nirvana

Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tuesday, 30 September 2008
Singapore Democrats

The SDP has received information that Mr Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam has died. He passed away in the hospital this morning apparently of a heart attack. We will update readers as and when we receive more information. His body is at the Tan Tock Seng Hospital. Mr Jeyaretnam was in court arguing a case up until yesterday. Singapore Democrats mourn the heartbreaking loss.

(source:yoursdp.org)

: |

I hope LTK would not cry, talk cock sing song in JBJ's funeral. Save it. Mai gei gei. No need teo chew opera skit.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
All things good and evil must come to an end.

As I write this, Mr. JB Jeyaratnam body lies in state, awaiting that final journey which we all must make someday. Many pay their last respects and the accolades keep coming. It is indeed shock, of pain, of knowing, too, that time and tide indeed wait for no man. Join me to dedicate or Transference of merits to him.

If I am not mistaken, he is a Christian.

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you JB..

You start the fire for opposition in ANSON...

I still can recall you face and the determination when you step up on the stage during rally.
Take a good look at the crowd then roared " PEOPLE OF ANSON".

10 000 people responsed

LETS VOTE FOR OPPOSITION AND CONVINCE 2 OTHERS IN OUR CAPACITY TO VOTE FOR WP AS A RESPECT FOR JBJ.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
add up all the integrity of PAP Ministers and MPs and they will still fall short of what JBJ have..

Sir JBJ, rest in peace..

your efforts are not in vain.. many younger generations are already opening up their eyes.. Heaven have eyes, justice may be late but it will be served..

Sir JBJ, i have never voted for, and will never vote for PAP.. I salute you from the bottom of my heart..

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest news I've received. JBJ's funeral service will be at Mount Vernon funeral parlour 1 from 7 pm tonight.

Last edited:

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Opposition politician JBJ dies

Look at how the SHAMELESS state media is trying to define JBJ by his bankruptcies even after he is gone !

Please forward the following tribute to your friends. Let them know the real JBJ - a true blue Singapore patriot:

http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/2008/09/30/a-tribute-to-jb-jeyaretnam/

Sep 30, 2008

Opposition politician JBJ dies

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ST1011392201_01_0001.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Mr Jeyaretam, died of heart problems early Tuesday morning. -- PHOTO: REUTERS
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Veteran opposition politician, Mr J.B. Jeyaretam, died of heart failure early on Tuesday morning. He was 82.

The pugnacious former head of the Workers' Party, who recently formed the Reform Party, died at a local hospital, said his close friend and chairman of Mr Jeyaretnam's new political party.

He leaves behind two sons, Kenneth and Philip.

He was the first opposition member to break the ruling People's action Party's grip on parliament 27 years ago.

He was unable to contest the 2006 general election after he was made bankrupt in 2001 for failing to pay S$265,000 in defamation damages to then Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong.

He was discharged from bankruptcy in May last year.

Mr Jeyaretnam made his final political comeback earlier this year.

He left the Workers' Party after years at its helm and was succeeded by Mr Low Thia Khiang, who is now MP for Hougang.

When he broke the PAP's 15-year monopoly of the Parliament in 1981, most of today's young Singaporeans were not even born yet.

After losing his parliamentary seat in 1986 for making a false declaration of the WP accounts and being jailed for a month and fined $5,000, he spent most of the last two decades battling outside the legislature.

Of the five General Elections since then, he has contested only once, in 1997.

He finished as top loser through the bruising Cheng San GRC bout, earning a 45.2 per cent of the valid votes.

That brought him back into the House as a Non-Constituency MP, a brief tenure that ended in 2001, when he was declared a bankrupt for failing to pay after losing a defamation suit against five Indian PAP MPs, among others.

When he left his 30-year-long WP vehicle in that same year, after accusing his successor Low of not helping him clear his debts, he was effectively banished to the margins of the opposition scene here.

Yet, the old warhorse refuses to believe that he is irrelevant to Singaporeans.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Won't be surprised if it's Hakka opera with LKY singing praises for a "worthy opponent" :rolleyes:

lol... yeah hor. scully LKY go attend the funeral and shed a few tears, and then sing praises in front of JBJ photo. lol... that bloody hakka dracula...

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The highly anticipated Tanjong Pagar GRC showdown will never get to be materialised. However, Mr. J.B.J.'s contribution to Singapore's opposition politics remains embossed in hearts and history. God be will you, Mr. J.B.J., RIP.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
add up all the integrity of PAP Ministers and MPs and they will still fall short of what JBJ have..

Sir JBJ, rest in peace..

your efforts are not in vain.. many younger generations are already opening up their eyes.. Heaven have eyes, justice may be late but it will be served..

Sir JBJ, i have never voted for, and will never vote for PAP.. I salute you from the bottom of my heart..

YOu should stay away from JBJ funeral, any sinkie who goes near it, JBJ might feel unpeaceful, He is already dead and wanna peace pls dun go an disturb Him.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
The highly anticipated Tanjong Pagar GRC showdown will never get to be materialised. However, Mr. J.B.J.'s contribution to Singapore's opposition politics remains embossed in hearts and history. God be will you, Mr. J.B.J., RIP.

F4 once had this burning desire to challenge lau lee's GRC. dunno whether their flame of ambition still burning? maybe they plan to take over some sect first before taking a bigger bite into a pie.

Lumpar

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG, this is so sad, I'm in tears. The only men that can touch me to the core, it's you JBJ. RIP!!!