• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious It's Unofficial! Sinkie GE To Be Held After Mid 2020, When John Tan And Grassroots Advisors Finish Visiting Every Ward!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yq-ongyekung-17022019_2x_2x_0.jpg

SINGAPORE - Younger Cabinet ministers have completed one-third of the 90 visits they are making to all constituencies in Singapore by the middle of next year, as part of an effort to get a better sense of ground sentiment.

Mr Ong Ye Kung, who is coordinating the weekly visits which started last July, said on Sunday (Feb 17) that they are on schedule. "We have done about 30; 60 more to go. If we work hard, maybe we can finish it in a year and three months."

"Every week we are out here in the open, and the residents are sometimes surprised to see us, but I think we get conversations going, so we have a good sense of ground worries, ground concerns," added the Education Minister who was speaking to the media during one such visit to Sengkang Central.

With him on a tour of Sengkang Community Club was Ms Sim Ann, Senior Minister of State for Culture, Community and Youth and Communications and Information; Mr Amrin Amin, Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Home Affairs and Health; and Mr Baey Yam Keng, Senior Parliamentary Secretary of Transport and Culture, Community and Youth.

Asked if the visits are part of a shifting of gears for general elections, Mr Ong said: "If it's a shifting of gears, we would have started three years ago, because we have been walking the grounds quite hard for the last three years. The day we finish (an) election, we change gear to prepare for the next election."

The visits have helped the ministers get a better sense of how Singaporeans on the ground feel, said Mr Ong.

"Residents will typically bring up problems in their own constituencies whenever you see them, but when you visit other areas, you listen to slightly different opinions, so our overall understanding would be better," he said.

He added that the regular visits are an effort that Cabinet ministers have to invest in to better connect with the people, and to understand their worries and concerns.

He noted that he has also gleaned some new ideas from visiting constituencies such as Sengkang Central, which comes under the purview of MP Teo Ser Luck.

Mr Teo had overseen the set up of a well-stocked study area at the community club, which has provided students with a conducive environment to study, said Mr Ong.

"After speaking to one to two students... they've all said this is very fantastic," said Mr Ong. "I'm very glad Ser Luck has done this, it's something for me to consider for my own constituency and for other MPs to also consider."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...inish-visiting-every-constituency-by-mid-2020

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
talk cock sing song. SG is so small, and PAP takes so damn long to complete their ground works in all constituencies. i have never seen my mp in the neighborhood except during election period.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always warmly greet the PAP walkabout gangs. They always have an 'advance party' to recce, to see who are the friendlier residents.

Once such a resident is found, the recce personnel would comms back to the PAP MP to come up to the particular floor/unit and say hello to the friendly resident. Accompanying the PAP MP are a few more people, one of them the photographer, who would snap away on his camera when you shake the PAP MP's hand, to get material for newsletters etc. :biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I always warmly greet the PAP walkabout gangs. They always have an 'advance party' to recce, to see who are the friendlier residents.

Did you shake hands with me? I sometimes join the recce gang to get a better feel of the ground for my grassroots advisor. I'm often in the vanguard because I'm known for my good people skills and courage in talking to the residents.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Once such a resident is found, the recce personnel would comms back to the PAP MP to come up to the particular floor/unit and say hello to the friendly resident. Accompanying the PAP MP are a few more people, one of them the photographer, who would snap away on his camera when you shake the PAP MP's hand, to get material for newsletters etc. :biggrin:
hanor, those that have the "buay gan" offensive look (both in incompetence and looks of same said ministar) would not be accorded a stately visit, as informed by the lap-dogs b4hand :cool:
Did you shake hands with me? I sometimes join the recce gang to get a better feel of the ground for my grassroots advisor. I'm often in the vanguard because I'm known for my good people skills and courage in talking to the residents.
you'd better keep your hoard and loot of packed nasi lemak styrofoam boxes somewhere (wrapped in vanguard paper) b4 you knock on the residents' doors, else they might think you're there for old clothes, used good morning towels, leftover cny oranges and newspapers :sneaky:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are so deserving of a BBM or even perhaps a call up by the top brass to run as MP in the next GE. Have you been shortlisted yet? :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are so deserving of a BBM or even perhaps a call up by the top brass to run as MP in the next GE. Have you been shortlisted yet? :biggrin:

He can never make it. He’s only a PLP at best. I see lots of irritating RC leaders in my place. I don’t even want to share the lift with them. Kan see nang suay to be near these people.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
yq-ongyekung-17022019_2x_2x_0.jpg

SINGAPORE - Younger Cabinet ministers have completed one-third of the 90 visits they are making to all constituencies in Singapore by the middle of next year, as part of an effort to get a better sense of ground sentiment.

Mr Ong Ye Kung, who is coordinating the weekly visits which started last July, said on Sunday (Feb 17) that they are on schedule. "We have done about 30; 60 more to go. If we work hard, maybe we can finish it in a year and three months."

"Every week we are out here in the open, and the residents are sometimes surprised to see us, but I think we get conversations going, so we have a good sense of ground worries, ground concerns," added the Education Minister who was speaking to the media during one such visit to Sengkang Central.

With him on a tour of Sengkang Community Club was Ms Sim Ann, Senior Minister of State for Culture, Community and Youth and Communications and Information; Mr Amrin Amin, Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Home Affairs and Health; and Mr Baey Yam Keng, Senior Parliamentary Secretary of Transport and Culture, Community and Youth.

Asked if the visits are part of a shifting of gears for general elections, Mr Ong said: "If it's a shifting of gears, we would have started three years ago, because we have been walking the grounds quite hard for the last three years. The day we finish (an) election, we change gear to prepare for the next election."

The visits have helped the ministers get a better sense of how Singaporeans on the ground feel, said Mr Ong.

"Residents will typically bring up problems in their own constituencies whenever you see them, but when you visit other areas, you listen to slightly different opinions, so our overall understanding would be better," he said.

He added that the regular visits are an effort that Cabinet ministers have to invest in to better connect with the people, and to understand their worries and concerns.

He noted that he has also gleaned some new ideas from visiting constituencies such as Sengkang Central, which comes under the purview of MP Teo Ser Luck.

Mr Teo had overseen the set up of a well-stocked study area at the community club, which has provided students with a conducive environment to study, said Mr Ong.

"After speaking to one to two students... they've all said this is very fantastic," said Mr Ong. "I'm very glad Ser Luck has done this, it's something for me to consider for my own constituency and for other MPs to also consider."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...inish-visiting-every-constituency-by-mid-2020
To the TS...if the pappies visited the wards after the last erection n not wait till now...the erection would be called by now...why wait till erection b4 going on visits? The rest of the time they sleeping?