• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

it's official ... 68 (not 69) is retirement age...haaaa...soon 70...work till u mati sinkypurians

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore to raise retirement, re-employment ages as planned in 2022
SINGAPORE
Thursday, 04 Mar 2021

12:48 PM MYT
https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanp...planned-in-2022

SINGAPORE (The Straits Times/ANN): Raising the statutory retirement age to 63 and the re-employment age to 68 will go ahead as planned on July 1 next year, said Manpower Minister Josephine Teo on Wednesday (March 3).

The public service will also fulfil its earlier commitment to raise the ages a year ahead of legislation for its roughly 146,000 officers on July 1 this year, she added.

"This will help to keep us on track to raise the retirement age to 65 and re-employment age to 70 by the end of this decade," Teo said during the debate of her ministry's budget.

Meanwhile, the raising of Central Provident Fund (CPF) contribution rates for senior workers will also go ahead on Jan 1,2022,"barring any unforeseen circumstances".

The increase, which was to have taken place on Jan 1 this year, would have seen employers and workers contribute either 0.5 percentage point or one percentage point more for workers aged 55 to 70, based on the person's age. It was deferred by a year to help employers manage costs amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

Teo was laying out the Ministry of Manpower's three priorities for 2021, which involve securing the jobs rebound in the short term by shoring up the hiring of locals through the extension of the Jobs Growth Incentive, a wage subsidy scheme, and supporting business transformation.

The third priority is helping every segment of the workforce -- including senior workers -- emerge stronger from the pandemic.

Going ahead with the age rises as planned will provide older workers with the choice to work longer and help them build up more savings for their retirement, said Teo.

The move to lift the statutory retirement and re-employment ages were first announced in 2019.

Teo noted that older workers had fallen far behind younger ones when it came to median incomes and amounts accumulated in their CPF accounts.

The $1.3 billion Senior Worker Support Package was announced last year, which includes the Senior Worker Early Adopter Grant and the Part-time Re-employment Grant, to help employers in raising the retirement and re-employment ages.

Since the grants were introduced last July, 1,700 companies with 17,000 senior workers have been supported, said Teo, adding that the budget for the scheme will be topped up by more than $200 million to benefit 75,000 more senior workers.

"But the larger goal is to create the momentum and shape a new norm among employers, where many more companies raise retirement and re-employment ages to 65 and 70, well before 2030," she noted.

"A senior worker who can leave the workforce at age 70 instead of 67 and defers the start of his CPF Life payouts accordingly, can get around 20 per cent more per month for life."

Raising the CPF contribution rates for those 55 and above will further increase the amount of payouts they get, she added.

Half of the increase will be absorbed for employers through the CPF Transition Offset scheme. The Senior Employment Credit will also provide up to 8 per cent of wage offset for the next two years until the end of 2022, with a possible extension later, said Teo.

On Tuesday, Workers' Party MP Louis Chua (Sengkang GRC) asked the MOM to consider offering CPF members options to earn higher investment returns through government investment vehicles.

Teo said "there is no magic formula" to helping CPF members earn higher returns, which involves "taking higher risks".

She added that before the pandemic, the Government was looking at introducing a Lifetime Retirement Investment Scheme for CPF members who "have the risk appetite and investment horizon but not enough investment knowledge".

But the pandemic has changed the investment environment and planning assumptions need to be updated, said Teo, adding she will share details when they are ready. - The Straits times/Asia News Network

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
My ang mor is crap. Wat is retirement age n wat is re-employment age? Isn't it redundant? Why don't just state retirement age is 70 n b done with it?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can stop working anytime you wish to. Or work as long as you want to. You don't have to adhere to some arbitrarily defined 'retirement age' from politicians.

The concept of a 'retirement age' is as stupid as 'the age when you should lose your virginity'. It's your personal choice and nobody else's business, especially from a meddling, overreaching govt.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
425FD3FA-698D-424E-BA16-413237B9BC63.jpeg
3D914D2A-49BA-4564-B48A-22DC0DBD7DE6.gif

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
My ang mor is crap. Wat is retirement age n wat is re-employment age? Isn't it redundant? Why don't just state retirement age is 70 n b done with it?
The MOM minister job is to confuse the people .If the statutory retirement age of an employee is raised to 63 next year 1-7-2022, he (employee) can stop working anytime he wish before 63, he can retire from work at 63 or he can continue working after 63 as long as he wants.
Ignore the re-employment age to 70 ,that is you are limited/suggested to working to 70. My interpretation is U can continue to work after 70 as long as you wish to.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever. Remember the longer they make you work, the more people you get to convince to vote against them.
Simple.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle say lansai la KNN who want to work until what age also need to kpkb here? KNN more important is what age then can start to take cpf KNN seem like my uncle is 1 step closer to bringing chopper to cpfb KNN

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only way to retire gracefully is to migrate to a better countries!

if u are low or middle income in Sg u have to work till the day u drop dead!!!!

i glad that I left for good!

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

My uncle say KNN 开玩笑吧 KNN although this will happen to most sinkie but definitelee not my uncle KNN my uncle think if need to work till drop dead better be dead earlier KNN

koala88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ha Ha long time no see. Glad to see your post again.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Axtually retorement age is for PAPigs MPs to leech more as MPs can work till they are 70s , no for us sinkies,for si kies is to tell u no welfare in sg look after yrself or sell yr hdb n get yr kids to buy n slave another hdb , CB PAPigs

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can stop working anytime you wish to. Or work as long as you want to. You don't have to adhere to some arbitrarily defined 'retirement age' from politicians.

The concept of a 'retirement age' is as stupid as 'the age when you should lose your virginity'. It's your personal choice and nobody else's business, especially from a meddling, overreaching govt.

money buys you freedom from the meddling of the PAP. those who can will retire way before 55.

the plebeians will be forced to live under the thumb of PAP and it's failed social engineering. that means working till 70; 65 is just a smokescreen.