• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can... How about this one? :smile:

1%20Medini%20garden%20villa%20too%20good_zpsrflslino.jpg

With such a nice picture, how can people resist from buying huh! It was a sold out! But compare it with the actual picture for a reality check.

I am wise enough not to be sold by brochures but sheer business acumen to make my decisions.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Developers never make losses once the units are sold, the bomb is passed to the buyers, just like musical chairs, except that developers are always the ones who are the start of the game.

But in this case, the shops are mostly empty. So they are not sold yet. I was wondering if the developer will be losing money as long as the situation remains like that. I suppose they would have made a tidy sum from the condo units they had managed to sell in this mixed development project in Medini.

Many developers were overly bullish in 2012/13 and greedy enough to spike up the condo prices to RM800psf and above, well beyond what is common in Johor. They probably thought the shops will be fully filled up and the place bustling with people who will relocate there.

If you pass by this area in Medini, it looks like a sorry state to see it so quiet and uninhabited with tress not cleared, even though the land has been planned for more condo and shopping centre development. But the optimistic ones will argue it will take time to develop. We shall see. Even then, most buyers would have paid future value of their units so give even 8-10 years' time, they might not be able to recoup the costs incurred.

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone in this forum is now offering his Impiana unit, near East Ledang, for only RM580K, negotiable (1206 sq ft, 9th flr, pool view & FH)
Wonder if this guy enjoyed that 20% appreciation.

As the poster in question I would like to state that 580 would be a relatively comfortable sale for me financially.

Real estate is perhaps more timing-sensitive than other fields of investments, even if the relative time frames are longer than for purely financial instruments.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
As the poster in question I would like to state that 580 would be a relatively comfortable sale for me financially.

Real estate is perhaps more timing-sensitive than other fields of investments, even if the relative time frames are longer than for purely financial instruments.

Good point. At 580k, it means you are selling it at 481psf. To be comfortable, I assume the original price was lower than that. So price is also important. At least there are amenities around your condo. I thought it's not bad but there are comments that stated Impiana is not in a good location.

Anyway, later buyers elsewhere paid 800psf with few or no amenities. But they don't see this important factor.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows what is happening to the Volt Corporation in Medini? Construction was supposed to have started in early 2014 but till today, there are only trees there:

Volt1.jpg

This is what it is supposed to look like!

Volt2.jpg

By the way, where are all the previous forummers and buyers of Iskandar Res? Hardly hear from you guys any more!

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows what is happening to the Volt Corporation in Medini? Construction was supposed to have started in early 2014 but till today, there are only trees there:

Volt1.jpg

This is what it is supposed to look like!

Volt2.jpg

By the way, where are all the previous forummers and buyers of Iskandar Res? Hardly hear from you guys any more!

Ya lor, pls come out and tell us how you going to enjoy the condo. Regret?

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like the first landed development in medini is ready, the avira. Any owner here? Can share how's the quality?

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aerial view of Medini Lakeside.

Whole place seems very slow moving (notice hardly any cars on the roads!) but also interesting how it has transformed over the years.

Lego%20amp%20Medini%20Lakeside_zpsyvv9la2a.jpg

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait for more people to move in after the condos are completed and more from Singapore to set up their companies there. The whole place should be busy and spruced up by then?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait for more people to move in after the condos are completed and more from Singapore to set up their companies there. The whole place should be busy and spruced up by then?

Little harm being hopeful but you may ended as another perpetually sympathetic hopeful.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully no one here is hoping that Johor will fail and hoping that those who have put in money into properties will lose them all. :p

Who is hoping for JB to fail, that's not very kind?
Its just a kind and timely reminder to those pathetically hopefuls to be more realistic to the real world and the hard truths and hopefully, yes, hopefully that there will be no more pathetically hopefuls wannabes in future.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is hoping for JB to fail, that's not very kind?
Its just a kind and timely reminder to those pathetically hopefuls to be more realistic to the real world and the hard truths and hopefully, yes, hopefully that there will be no more pathetically hopefuls wannabes in future.

In the real world where there is much pain and suffering, upsets and unfortunate things, the hope for a better life is a good thing to cling on to. That's why pathetically hopeful peasants like me made the decision to take the risk to get out of the rut to hopefully better the overall life of the family. In the end we hope our decision will pay off. Right sgcount? :p

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the real world where there is much pain and suffering, upsets and unfortunate things, the hope for a better life is a good thing to cling on to. That's why pathetically hopeful peasants like me made the decision to take the risk to get out of the rut to hopefully better the overall life of the family. In the end we hope our decision will pay off. Right sgcount? :p

There are many here would only tell the good news but never anything negative.
Just like for example when I said that Country Garden was built on a polluted river mouth and not even besides the Straits, its based on facts.
One can choose to ignore but your were forewarned.
Telling people of the potholes ahead for who are thinking of entering the market is also a forewarn for them to look harder into the situation but they can by all means go ahead cause its their hard-earned money and if they fell into those potholes, its their own doing.
You are already inside so its better to know the true situation and make decisions accordingly instead of hoping for the best.........like those pathetically hopeful CLOB investors years ago.