• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
More pictures!

Still got a very long way to go to develop the whole place. The picture reminds me of Singapore in the late 70's and early 80's.

IMO these pictures with cranes and construction still on-going are better than those which are abandoned and left to the forces of nature. Yes, there is more to be done, which means more room for growth. SG not much room left to grow, except to go skyhigh, and prices also shoot skyhigh. I think many fellow Singaporeans (minus the ultra rich) will feel choked by the high cost of living, but many will choose to live with that anyway.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG is the safest country in the world, MY is not
SG is the least corrupted country, MY is not
SG university is one of the top globally, MY is not
SG is one of the richest, MY is not
SG properties is one of the most expensive, MY is not
SG is biologically and technically advanced, MY is not
SG has the best militarily in ASEAN, MY is not

Why bother investing in MY?

Just listen to this guy…go back. No need to come. Facts are facts. Bye Bye..

Your argument reminds me of those little girls quarrelling.
The loser will say something like this :

"you smart la, you clever la, you pretty la".
"I stupid la, I ugly la, you win la, don't come to my house anymore, I don't friend you anymore!"

But coming from an adult ( I think and hope so) it is hilarious.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forest%20in%20front%20of%201Medini%20cut_zpsni7exbk6.jpg

Lush greenery

Facing towards Pinewood Studio and SG

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your argument reminds me of those little girls quarrelling.
The loser will say something like this :

"you smart la, you clever la, you pretty la".
"I stupid la, I ugly la, you win la, don't come to my house anymore, I don't friend you anymore!"

But coming from an adult ( I think and hope so) it is hilarious.

I am just a Malaysian kampong boy who is a novice about properties. I am who you think I am.
I bet you are much much better than me. Ichiban is the word.

Reminds me of a Coca Cola advertisement. It is BEST!!! Or the Better than the Best!!

Last edited:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinewood Studios sits on 50 acres of land with 30 acres of forest.

Pinewood is now almost exclusively catering to Marco Polo which was so so in season 1 but getting much more interesting in season 2. If they successfully renew the contract for season 3 then it will be good news for the locals in general as there will be a lot of side/supporting opportunities.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinewood Studios sits on 50 acres of land with 30 acres of forest.

wow.. had to do a conversion. That's like more than 1.2 million sq ft of forest! Huge....

Does that forested land belong to Pinewood Studio?

Are Medini 7 and 9 office buildings near there? Can't find them on the map.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
More pictures!

Iskandar Residences:

IR_zpsurplipbe.jpg

Bird's eye view of 1 Medini, Medini Signature and the rest of Medini....

IR2_zpsm1lqny2i.jpg

Still got a very long way to go to develop the whole place. The picture reminds me of Singapore in the late 70's and early 80's.

And probably will remain like singapore in 70's and 80's if they remain closed to foreigners and migration.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow.. had to do a conversion. That's like more than 1.2 million sq ft of forest! Huge....

Does that forested land belong to Pinewood Studio?

Are Medini 7 and 9 office buildings near there? Can't find them on the map.

Medini 7 Zone B is far away from Pinewood.
Pinewood is sandwiched between Puteri Harbour and Sunway Iskandar. Its official address is Nusajaya, no mention of Medini.
The forested area belong to Pinewood at least according to its presentation slides.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
And probably will remain like singapore in 70's and 80's if they remain closed to foreigners and migration.

Malaysia is always like that.
They like to develop at their own pace and leisure. They will take their time.
You try to be aggressive with them, they start to look at plaster policies. It is the people's culture that they will become defensive once they felt encroached.
If anyone think Iskandar can be like Singapore in 10 years time, then Iskandar is not the place to invest.
Historically and culturally over hundreds of years, Iskandar will be a township built on organic growth, not expedited in any form. Maybe with pressure from its leaders, the sense of urgency might be there. Humans just need time to absorb change.

So if anyone who want instant return on investment, you will be disappointed. Better go back to where you come from and invest elsewhere.
Iskandar is for mid to long term stay and live. It is not the place to flip. I am not trying to pour cold water, even I myself invested in other areas in other countries.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is always like that.
They like to develop at their own pace and leisure. They will take their time.
You try to be aggressive with them, they start to look at plaster policies. It is the people's culture that they will become defensive once they felt encroached.
If anyone think Iskandar can be like Singapore in 10 years time, then Iskandar is not the place to invest.
Historically and culturally over hundreds of years, Iskandar will be a township built on organic growth, not expedited in any form. Maybe with pressure from its leaders, the sense of urgency might be there. Humans just need time to absorb change.

So if anyone who want instant return on investment, you will be disappointed. Better go back to where you come from and invest elsewhere.
Iskandar is for mid to long term stay and live. It is not the place to flip. I am not trying to pour cold water, even I myself invested in other areas in other countries.

Yes. That's why u mentioned b4 u bought your PH to enjoy the place and don't care if it makes or lose money right?

Looking at the vast amount of land in Iskandar, it's hard to imagine any investment potential in the short to mid term. Though I've read the authorities are trying hard to bring it as many foreign investors as possible.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. That's why u mentioned b4 u bought your PH to enjoy the place and don't care if it makes or lose money right?

Looking at the vast amount of land in Iskandar, it's hard to imagine any investment potential in the short to mid term. Though I've read the authorities are trying hard to bring it as many foreign investors as possible.

Wah...have to be careful of my words, so many moons ago, still remember.
I bought PH to enjoy, not to make money. It is a holiday home from the onset. The intention of purchase is different from "don't care make or lose money".

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal

They are already attracting foreign companies. As for migration, I think it could be many years later.

Right now, convenient transportation from SG is still inadequate. I feel as long as there are stringent checks at the checkpoints and need to stamp passports, it's hard to ease the jams.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medini 7 Zone B is far away from Pinewood.
Pinewood is sandwiched between Puteri Harbour and Sunway Iskandar. Its official address is Nusajaya, no mention of Medini.
The forested area belong to Pinewood at least according to its presentation slides.

Hmmm... wonder why they need such a huge space.... but they are leaving it as a forest so far. Make a film about forests maybe? :smile:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm... wonder why they need such a huge space.... but they are leaving it as a forest so far. Make a film about forests maybe? :smile:

Watch Marco Polo, you will understand why they need big space. When you watch you can easily identify which scenes are filmed in Pinewood vs Italy & Kazakhstan.

On a separate note, watch Narcos also, its about Pablo Escobar in Columbia, just a personal recommendation.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are already attracting foreign companies. As for migration, I think it could be many years later.

Right now, convenient transportation from SG is still inadequate. I feel as long as there are stringent checks at the checkpoints and need to stamp passports, it's hard to ease the jams.

Not to mention VEP, they put up signs already. Vehicular traffic will be cut drastically once it comes to effect and no telling if Singapore may follow suit.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Imagine you are the Marco polo director. Film half way saw 1 condo at the backdrop, how pissed will you be ? That's why need so much land, and yet not too far from creature comfort.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will check out what movie they are making. Sounds so interesting. I never know much what they are doing. :smile: Never ever heard also a company will buy so huge a land to do filming!