• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Is West Coast better than East Coast?

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screenshot_2020-10-18-09-33-23-323_com.android.chrome.jpg

IMG_20201018_093514.jpg

IMG_20201018_093453.jpg

IMG_20201018_093532.jpg

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The worst air grade in SG is West Coast area. The factories and industrial fumes is toxic. Best Air is where lao goh area east coast.

CharKuayTeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Island is less than 50km wide what difference does it make where you are in that piece of snot?
Exactly. I've never understood this thing about "heartland", east coast, west coast, etc. The whole place is smaller than a city in China or a county in the US. What kind of difference is there?

And why have so many town councils, etc. when the whole place can be governed by one local/national government, like in other countries with any real size?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When Indon fart, the haze will overshadow red dot. East or West coast, it doesnt matter.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When Indon fart, the haze will overshadow red dot. East or West coast, it doesnt matter.

Yes true but daily the factories and fumes at west coast add and saturate the atmosphere there the smell itself is different but east coast side the sea wind and no factories fumes there is still a huge fresher difference.

You go to punggol the pig farms there by the time you vehicle past a certain landmark the smell is there 24/7 you don't smell it at East Coast is it not ? lol..........

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i counted at least 69 chimneys in the jurong area spewing smoke and flames 369 days a year. bukom has more.
B6657966-527E-4B9E-806E-72E219AB6A7F.jpeg
A8247F86-4F8C-4A9F-BD99-3F89F7C4C2F0.jpeg

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes true but daily the factories and fumes at west coast add and saturate the atmosphere there the smell itself is different but east coast side the sea wind and no factories fumes there is still a huge fresher difference.

You go to punggol the pig farms there by the time you vehicle past a certain landmark the smell is there 24/7 you don't smell it at East Coast is it not ? lol..........

When i travel along Pasir Panjang area, it remind me of east coast. Lots of condo. Beautiful. Price also not cheap.

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
When i travel along Pasir Panjang area, it remind me of east coast. Lots of condo. Beautiful. Price also not cheap.
west side is a heavily polluted area
all these parks are decoy
wait for southern waterfront area
when it is up, there wouldn't be any romance with the west side of singapore

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
west side is a heavily polluted area
all these parks are decoy
wait for southern waterfront area
when it is up, there wouldn't be any romance with the west side of singapore

Bang. Southern waterfront gonna be very expensive. Just look at the location plus waterfrontage. :frown:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's the ambience. No point buying a condo or landed property near a highway where there are plenty of heavy vehicles. Or near warehouses, factories and workshops. You want your houses to be near historical schools, historical places of worship etc, which brings you prestige. Not mingle with the low SES riff-raffs.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't believe the hype. West Coast is an industrial shithole. Lots of heavy vehicles travel along the road too.
What about Shitkang and Slumggol?

Toxic pollution plaguing residents of Punggol, Sengkang and Pasir Ris may be traced to Malaysia’s Pasir Gudang
IMG_7941.png

Author
- Advertisement -
The toxic air pollution plaguing residents of Punggol, Sengkang, Buangkok and Pasir Ris may be traced to the exhaust fumes rising from Pasir Gudang – a petro-chemical industrial complex about a quarter the size of Singapore, running 24/7 in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
Accounts of a strange smell in the air and charcoal-black particles floating in the air in these eastern neighbourhoods have been openly recounted for several years now. Residents have complained of a pungent, chemical-like odor that smells like burning plastic or petroleum and so much charcoal particles accumulating on their floors that they are forced to clean their floors more frequently than usual.
This issue is so pressing that it has been pointed out since at least 2007 – a decade ago – and yet the odor and particles persist.
IMG_7935.png

- Advertisement -
Today, the air was so polluted in these eastern areas and smelt so strongly that the odor wafted into Fernvale, Holland, Commonwealth, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio, Serangoon and Seletar.
Such toxic pollution does not only inconvenience residents but will likely harm residents’ health. In fact, the pollution was so bad today that some residents reported that they had difficulty breathing.
In spite of this, the National Environment Agency has only said that it is monitoring the issue and it is unclear whether it has taken action.
The SCDF also investigated the issue and said that no toxic industrial chemicals were detected in the air. Curiously, many residents specifically called the strong “suffocating” odor “chemical-like” just today.
Individuals around Singapore told reporters and shared on social networking sites that:
Muhammad Zulkefly from Sengkang: “It smelt like petroleum, and that was disturbing. I had trouble breathing.”
Linda Lian from Sengkang West: “(it smelled like) burnt rubber or some unknown chemical.”
Maria Sariff from Hougang: “(the smell was) very strong…like plastic burning.”
Angela Marie Oehlers from Buangkok: “So there’s this terrible smell in Buangkok area … Fernvale also. Looks hazy and smells like oil or something, not the usual haze smell.”
Mrs Ho from Serangoon: “We were having dinner when the smell came very quickly at about 7.40pm. It was very strong. We had to close all the windows immediately.”
Chan Yoke Yee from Ang Mo Kio: “(the smell was) giving me a headache.”
Michelle Tng Ying from Holland: “I thought it was something burning in my own house as I had my oven turned on, but then when I stepped onto the balcony, the smell got stronger – smelt like really strong paint.”

These are just accounts from today. Many others have complained about this issue over the years:
IMG_7942.png

Blogger heartlandpuppy has recently published a record of all the public complaints affected residents have made of the pollution. Click here to see all the links to online accounts by residents who suffer the side effects of environmental contamination daily.
IMG_7940.png
Fumes arising from Pasir Gudang can be seen from Singapore, across the Straits of Johor
Please follow and like us:
fb-share-icon
Tweet
submit to reddit

No tags for this post.
- Advertisement -

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about Shitkang and Slumggol?

Toxic pollution plaguing residents of Punggol, Sengkang and Pasir Ris may be traced to Malaysia’s Pasir Gudang
IMG_7941.png

Author
- Advertisement -
The toxic air pollution plaguing residents of Punggol, Sengkang, Buangkok and Pasir Ris may be traced to the exhaust fumes rising from Pasir Gudang – a petro-chemical industrial complex about a quarter the size of Singapore, running 24/7 in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
Accounts of a strange smell in the air and charcoal-black particles floating in the air in these eastern neighbourhoods have been openly recounted for several years now. Residents have complained of a pungent, chemical-like odor that smells like burning plastic or petroleum and so much charcoal particles accumulating on their floors that they are forced to clean their floors more frequently than usual.
This issue is so pressing that it has been pointed out since at least 2007 – a decade ago – and yet the odor and particles persist.
IMG_7935.png

- Advertisement -
Today, the air was so polluted in these eastern areas and smelt so strongly that the odor wafted into Fernvale, Holland, Commonwealth, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio, Serangoon and Seletar.
Such toxic pollution does not only inconvenience residents but will likely harm residents’ health. In fact, the pollution was so bad today that some residents reported that they had difficulty breathing.
In spite of this, the National Environment Agency has only said that it is monitoring the issue and it is unclear whether it has taken action.
The SCDF also investigated the issue and said that no toxic industrial chemicals were detected in the air. Curiously, many residents specifically called the strong “suffocating” odor “chemical-like” just today.
Individuals around Singapore told reporters and shared on social networking sites that:
Muhammad Zulkefly from Sengkang: “It smelt like petroleum, and that was disturbing. I had trouble breathing.”
Linda Lian from Sengkang West: “(it smelled like) burnt rubber or some unknown chemical.”
Maria Sariff from Hougang: “(the smell was) very strong…like plastic burning.”
Angela Marie Oehlers from Buangkok: “So there’s this terrible smell in Buangkok area … Fernvale also. Looks hazy and smells like oil or something, not the usual haze smell.”
Mrs Ho from Serangoon: “We were having dinner when the smell came very quickly at about 7.40pm. It was very strong. We had to close all the windows immediately.”
Chan Yoke Yee from Ang Mo Kio: “(the smell was) giving me a headache.”
Michelle Tng Ying from Holland: “I thought it was something burning in my own house as I had my oven turned on, but then when I stepped onto the balcony, the smell got stronger – smelt like really strong paint.”

These are just accounts from today. Many others have complained about this issue over the years:
IMG_7942.png

Blogger heartlandpuppy has recently published a record of all the public complaints affected residents have made of the pollution. Click here to see all the links to online accounts by residents who suffer the side effects of environmental contamination daily.
IMG_7940.png
Fumes arising from Pasir Gudang can be seen from Singapore, across the Straits of Johor
Please follow and like us:
fb-share-icon
Tweet
submit to reddit

No tags for this post.
- Advertisement -
punggol sengkang also no no
new slums