• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is the world coming to an end? covid+volcano eruption

toiletpaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anak Krakatau not alone as three more Indonesian volcanoes erupt
  • Moch. Fiqih Prawira Adjie
    The Jakarta Post
Jakarta / Sat, April 11, 2020 / 04:55 pm
Anak Krakatau not alone as three more Indonesian volcanoes erupt
Mount Merapi emits white smoke after an eruption seen from Jrakah, Selo, Boyolali, Central Java, on Feb. 13. (Antara/Aloysius Jarot Nugroho)
Three more volcanoes—Mount Kerinci in West Sumatra, Mount Semeru in East Java and Mount Merapi in Central Java—showed elevated activity on Friday, on the same day that Anak Krakatau erupted.
The activity at the four mountains was unrelated to one another, as each volcano had a different magma chamber, according to the Volcanology and Geological Hazard Mitigation Center (PVMBG).
Volcanic and tectonic activity is the norm in Indonesia, which is located on the Pacific Ring of Fire, an area where many volcanoes and earthquakes are formed.
“Volcanic eruptions in Indonesia are a common thing as they happen every day,” PVMBG head Kasbani said on Saturday, adding that the eruptions did not happen simultaneously.
Anak Krakatau, a volcano that emerged from the remains of the biggest volcano blast recorded by the Krakatau volcano in 1883, erupted twice on Friday evening, spewing out a 500-meter-high column of ash during the second eruption, which lasted more than 38 minutes.
Mount Kerinci in Jambi, West Sumatra last erupted in March 2019, sending ash 600 m into the sky. On Friday, the Energy and Mineral Resources (ESDM) Ministry reported tremors and quakes at Mount Kerinci.
Mount Semeru, the tallest peak of Java Island, which is located in Lumajang, East Java, erupted on Friday with 42 explosion quakes and a 400-meter-high column of ash blowing north.
Mount Merapi, located between Yogyakarta and Central Java, erupted on March 29 with a 1,500-m-high ash column. Friday’s data show that the volcano is still experiencing quakes.
The PVMBG declared the waspada (caution) alert status for all four mountains on Saturday, the second-highest level.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Oh jia lat liao.

I was just saying if the big earthquake hit SF California Vancouver everyone is indoors.

If evacuate and come out then all kena covid19. If stay in building collapse.

I would go with the covid19

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh jia lat liao.

I was just saying if the big earthquake hit SF California Vancouver everyone is indoors.

If evacuate and come out then all kena covid19. If stay in building collapse.

I would go with the covid19
super volcano yellowstone is overdue.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
super volcano yellowstone is overdue.
Yeah I visited Yellowstone last year.

All those environmentalists who say that we have to save mother earth dont know what they are talking about. Mother earth can take care of herself if she wants to.

When yellowstone erupted the ash caused the skies to darken for several years and cause a dark global winter. Global temperatures would drop considerably.

Global warming? Mother earth can take care of that herself!

We are insignificant flies to her.

https://www.vox.com/2014/9/5/6108169/yellowstone-supervolcano-eruption

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah I visited Yellowstone last year.

All those environmentalists who say that we have to save mother earth dont know what they are talking about. Mother earth can take care of herself if she wants to.

When yellowstone erupted the ash caused the skies to darken for several years and cause a dark global winter. Global temperatures would drop considerably.

Global warming? Mother earth can take care of that herself!

We are insignificant flies to her.

https://www.vox.com/2014/9/5/6108169/yellowstone-supervolcano-eruption
and they don't understand that earth is protected by her magnetic field. without the field we all would have been fried by now.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It's just another day for people living in the Pacific Ring of Fire.

You think it's a bad thing but the eruption makes the soil very fertile, great for farming.
Yes indeed

The reason why USA has such fertile land for agriculture is cos of Yellowstone.

It is just one of those things when it hits then everyone says we didnt know.

Yeah right.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You think it's a bad thing but the eruption makes the soil very fertile, great for farming.
super volcano in sumatra not far away from sg. and ash cloud direction is typically eastwards. sg and johor are smacked center in its path.
1586627965797.png

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

couldn't agree more with you ...know Indonesia quite well from Irian Jaya to Sumatra....once was on a local flight from Jakarta to Ujong Padang proceeding to Kendari ...my local chap point me to a news about cholera ravaging the village folks just about 10KM away from the area we are heading to...which is about another 80km drive from Kendari airport ...Kendari is in South East Sulawesi ...when we reached our destination and on enquiry with the village chief there ...he simply shook his head not being aware of any epidemic...yet ,the newspaper head office based in Jakarta thousands of miles away wrote about it ! Such is Indonesia..

Often in some god unforsaken places there ,I am often asked which provinci I am from ..not which country...

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nagoya, Batam. :wink:
batam is a bastrdisation of nusantara ...its neither here or there thingy ...because each province in indonesia has its uniqueness ..say ,Padang for example ..its in Sumatra but the culture or addat is entirely different from say Melayu culture known to you locally and stretching up to malacca and pekanbaru of sumatra...likewise batam is sort of chap cheng thingy...where almost all taxi drivers are from padang and such ...batam does not represent indonesia neither is a place to go girlie hunting ...i would avoid at all cost except to catch cheap local flights to jakarta or surbaya

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
super volcano in sumatra not far away from sg. and ash cloud direction is typically eastwards. sg and johor are smacked center in its path.
There are more than just one lake toba, which happens tonbe the biggest, on the west coast of sumatra. There are many more lakes that were created when the volcanic cone collapsed.

And on the many islands off west coast sumatra, there are potential to be another " Bali". With surfing beaches and all.