• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is the typical sinkie any different from ah tiong?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Observation from YouTube and Reddit comments :

Both tiongs and sinkies enjoy hearing others praising their gahmen, despite getting screwed by unfavorable gahmen policies.

Both will go into attack mode if you criticize their gahmen.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Observation from YouTube and Reddit comments :

Both tiongs and sinkies enjoy hearing others praising their gahmen, despite getting screwed by unfavorable gahmen policies.

Both will go into attack mode if you criticize their gahmen.
its the culture and education.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tiongs have more balls and are more passionate... for better or for worse.

Sinkies are gullible and docile, conditioned to be always overly trusting, especially of 'authoritative' sources. That's why scammers have a field day with them, from mega churches to shady businesses that 'magically' close overnight without warning, to street hustlers and online shop fraudsters.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China learned from LKY. China wants to be like Sinkapore; people are free to make money but have to butt out of politics. Chinese government will be the benevolent autocracy like the PAP government. Everyone is happy - the best model of governance for the world.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
China learned from LKY. China wants to be like Sinkapore; people are free to make money but have to butt out of politics. Chinese government will be the benevolent autocracy like the PAP government. Everyone is happy - the best model of governance for the world.
I assume you're being sarcastic?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I assume you're being sarcastic?

The key word is "benevolence". If it's part of the operating principle autocracy actually does work far better than a free democracy.

Nothing gets done when governments are constantly on the verge of being thrown out or are only in power via a fragile coalition arrangement.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The key word is "benevolence". If it's part of the operating principle autocracy actually does work far better than a free democracy.

Nothing gets done when governments are constantly on the verge of being thrown out or are only in power via a fragile coalition arrangement.

'Nothing gets done' can be a good thing. An efficient government is a double-edged sword. :cool:

daryl76

Alfrescian
Loyal
942ddd4c955fed593a008a1e23cdd634.png

images

same same lah

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
'Nothing gets done' can be a good thing. An efficient government is a double-edged sword. :cool:

It can be a good thing but in my experience it can be a very frustrating state of affairs for those who are enterprising. However for old fart retirees like myself I am able to bypass the inefficiencies or take advantage of them so it is indeed "a good thing".

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hong Kong boomed when the people did not bother about politics and focus on making money. Look at its current state. Now that benevolent autocracy is slowly setting in, Hong Kong willl reclaim its spot as Asia's financial hub.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hong Kong boomed when the people did not bother about politics and focus on making money. Look at its current state. Now that benevolent autocracy is slowly setting in, Hong Kong willl reclaim its spot as Asia's financial hub.
All women are delusional but some women are more delusional than others.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It can be a good thing but in my experience it can be a very frustrating state of affairs for those who are enterprising. However for old fart retirees like myself I am able to bypass the inefficiencies or take advantage of them so it is indeed "a good thing".

An efficient government which constantly does bad or wicked things... let's just say the damage done is very difficult to stop or reverse. It's like turning a huge ship around while it speeds into an iceberg... very difficult to do. Hence you need checks and balances and proper separation of powers. :wink:

The 'efficiency' of a government the peasants crave for is in reality a trait of a small, limited government which does not overreach and has little red tape, so they can get their frivolous documents/approvals/licensing done with minimal hassle. :biggrin:

In case anyone hasn't noticed, the PAP govt is neither small nor limited... refer to my previous point about the difficulty in stopping or reversing the damage done. :cool: