• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is the Economy in bad condition ?

head-in-sand

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are so many food stalls in various coffee shops closed down?
People have no disposable income like before?
The salary and wages taken home are on average nearly 40% below
the 2008 levels.

It is a tough life for many of us.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
People are sick and sick of how the system
is taking from them and refuse to believe that a boycott will not work .

They still refuse to increase pay .

People will sustain and continue to boycott in Singapore
till they get 30% pay increase in Singapore .

Boycott is in place for everything foreign .
Even foreigners are feeling the heat now .
Singaporeans will rate companies in their heart .
One that hires local communities or one that hires cheap FTs to suppress locals .
With this in mind business will go to one that hire locals first .

This will lead to strive and high crime rate .
Then again it will sent a jolt to the ruling regime of engaging too many FTs here .

Citizen awareness will prevail in Singapore .
Citizens will see and will continue to support fellow citizens .

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are so many food stalls in various coffee shops closed down?
People have no disposable income like before?
The salary and wages taken home are on average nearly 40% below
the 2008 levels.

It is a tough life for many of us.
classic sign of how things are like on the ground. there's lag time. the news wouldn't be reporting on it now. maybe in say 6-9 months down the road.

as for the economy, it really depends on who n what. certain industries are blooming like never before, others are stable, while some a in bad shape.

"The salary and wages taken home are on average nearly 40% below
the 2008 levels."
to run 40% below, assuming 2008 drawing in 2000/3000/4000. then 2010 would be 1200/1800/2400. is that true currently?

"People have no disposable income like before?"
looking at the 2 big main bulk of "consumption" ie: housing n car.
new buyers of these two item are expected to be paying more for them as the recent rises of prices. that would probably eat into disposable liquid cash. no?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You talk like old fart.

If not happy with PAP, join the opposition.

Great minds think alike. There's nothing I detest more than whinging and complaining while doing absolutely nothing to change ones lot.

Life is what you make of it. :rolleyes:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just look at the daily stock market volumes and you will get your answer.

1. economy not doing all that well

2. many investors shunning the local bourse...why? hehehe maybe too much K factor:biggrin:

<table style="border: 1px solid lightgray;" width="90%" align="center"><tbody><tr height="16"><td class="sgx_home_label" style="padding-left: 10px;">Volume:</td> <td class="header2 style3" style="padding-right: 10px;" align="right">287.7M</td> </tr> <tr height="16"> <td class="sgx_home_label" style="padding-left: 10px;">Value:</td> <td class="header2 style3" style="padding-right: 10px;" align="right">$397.6M</td> </tr> <tr height="16"> <td class="sgx_home_label" style="padding-left: 10px;">Gainers/Losers:</td> <td class="header2 style3" style="padding-right: 10px;" align="right">168/95</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" height="2">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table width="90%" align="center"><tbody><tr> <td width="10%" align="center"></td> <td class="sgx_portlet_link_main" width="30%">SGX</td> <td class="header2 style3" width="20%">7.200</td> <td class="header2 style3" width="20%">+0.020</td> <td class="header2 style3" width="20%">1,004</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"> As at Wed 2 Jun 2010 11:07 AM</td></tr></tbody></table>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
btw, i am not discouraging others on the state of economy but just stating what i heard and observed.

As for sam's remarks, me personally trying lots of things, beri discouraged. No support from anyone i knew,that's why I find it damn tough,just feel like going back to taxi driving and forget about chionging in my career. I have no love,no luck,no money and no very good buddies.:mad:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
As for sam's remarks, me personally trying lots of things, beri discouraged. No support from anyone i knew,that's why I find it damn tough,just feel like going back to taxi driving and forget about chionging in my career. I have no love,no luck,no money and no very good buddies.:mad:

When you're striving for success, you're pretty much on your own. Don't ever expect support from anyone. All you'll get is put downs. That's just how humans are.

As for luck... you have to make your own. It's not going to land on your lap.

Buddies and love is category all by itself. The hard truth is that there is no such thing as a good buddy. People with similar interests tend to gravitate towards each other and if interests diverge, so too will the bond. That's simply the natural order of things. It's the same for everyone.

If you really want a loyalty and companionship from another living being, get yourself a dog. As for love it's probably most cost effective to pay for it by the hour.:p

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alot of unskilled skilled FT come to singapore becos the govt has struck deals with foreign govts to make money. ie going into china states venture in "town consultacy" profits our politicians coffers in exchange that some of their overpopulated masses come here to find work.

In the end you see china fuckers selling malay food stalls in Kopitiam. WTF?!

Fuck the kopitiam boss and his cronies and the politician who allowed this.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks and noted...

When you're striving for success, you're pretty much on your own. Don't ever expect support from anyone. All you'll get is put downs. That's just how humans are.

Buddies and love is category all by itself. The hard truth is that there is no such thing as a good buddy. People with similar interests tend to gravitate towards each other and if interests diverge, so too will the bond. That's simply the natural order of things. It's the same for everyone.

If you really want a loyalty and companionship from another living being, get yourself a dog. As for love it's probably most cost effective to pay for it by the hour.:p

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal

agree with you on the success and luck thingy..... but for buddies and love, has it occur to you that perhaps you haven't met one? It does not depend on luck or fate, it's not an investment or a business, it could be something you give/provide from your heart that people reciprocate?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
On 02/June, Singapore shares end higher Wednesday as investors took the opportunity to buy bargain stocks though any further up side will be limited due to global economic and political uncertainty.

STI ended 12.13 points (0.5%) higher at 2727.57 with LOW VOL of 955.7 billion shares traded compared with 1.1 billion shares Tuesday. In the broader market, gainers outnumbered losers 256 to 135. Basically from the data above, we would understand that today rally is a joke. The low trading volume together with only 1.9 stock rises for every 1 stock shows that BB merely buy up the main elements of STI components to push the index up.

“The technical don’t look good, with the moving averages trending down. How do you ask people to put in money with such market conditions? It’s better to stay on the sidelines and see how things go,” a dealer at foreign brokerage said.

Headline in STI

Before market close

News of Japan Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama decided to step down has caused yen to fell against euro and U.S. dollar. His main reasons of resignation were his poor handling of shifting a U.S. Marine base in the southern island of Okinawa and political funding scandals involving him and DPJ Secretary-General Ichiro Ozawa.

Ezra Holdings’ (5DN.SG) has reported that they won a US$80 million contract to build offshore accommodation structure in Africa which its 2nd project win in Africa this year.

Cascal NV’s (HOO) board formally rejected a $206 million takeover offer from Sembcorp Industries Ltd. (U96.SG) since they feel that the offer is “inadequate” as it “grossly undervalues” the waste-water management company.

Technical Analysis on STI

Important Resistance of STI: 2780

Immediate Resistance of STI: 2740

Immediate Support of STI: 2650

MY sentiment on STI: Very weak 0.5 % rally for STI today. We would still stick to our plan at buying near 2700

Reasons

1) Low volume

2) 1.9 stock rose for every stock

3) Mark a white candle stick with long upper shadow to indicate its weakness.

SEE STI CHARTS AT: http://singstocks.com*censored*-real-joke-for-sti-today/

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One that hires local communities or one that hires cheap FTs to suppress locals .
With this in mind business will go to one that hire locals first .[/SIZE]

According to reliable source from a friend. Companies that invested very little capital in Singapore are the one that will hire FT. They are the fair-weather gang that will relocate easily without any committment here but they will need to milk this society first before making a move elsewhere.