• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it true that as one ages, the desire to buy branded goods decreases?

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am ashamed to say I am very brand conscious. I was brought up that way and have not been able to shake it off. Three Rifles, Crocodile, and the luxury brand Giordano.

Loved Giordano when I was young and then stop buying for more than 10 years.
Lately I bought a lot from Giordano again, will buy a lot more from them to support them because their share price dropped 80% in the past 24 months.

I still remember, Giordano - World Without Strangers.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not anymore. The boxer engine is practically bullet proof, the CVT gearbox is smooth and reliable. They are one of the best selling cars in North America, made in the US. Toyota has proven reliability and good resale. Conti cars, I've had my fun and heartaches. They generally run too hot in our climate, high wear and tear on gaskets, rubber parts. If it wasn't oil leak, it was water leak. KNN!
I drove one in the 90s.

Interestingly, my friend in Toronto die-die must drive the Forester. He’s now driving his 3rd Forester.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not anymore. The boxer engine is practically bullet proof, the CVT gearbox is smooth and reliable. They are one of the best selling cars in North America, made in the US. Toyota has proven reliability and good resale. Conti cars, I've had my fun and heartaches. They generally run too hot in our climate, high wear and tear on gaskets, rubber parts. If it wasn't oil leak, it was water leak. KNN!
agree absolutely, it's the sixth time in changing the fuel pump in 9 years and the heat fucks up the engine mountings many a time :frown:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
yah!! the bloody germans can't make a fluid seal for fuck! all their gaskets are crap!

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree absolutely, it's the sixth time in changing the fuel pump in 9 years and the heat fucks up the engine mountings many a time :frown:
crv right? Honda engine mounts are a weakness. Apparently designed to allow the engine to breakaway and let the whole mass fall below the passenger compartment, In practice though, every Honda I've come across has at least one broken engine mount.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Loved Giordano when I was young and then stop buying for more than 10 years.
Lately I bought a lot from Giordano again, will buy a lot more from them to support them because their share price dropped 80% in the past 24 months.

I still remember, Giordano - World Without Strangers.
Yes, they are inexpensive and great for casual wear. I used to have a range of their polo shirts in different colours.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, they are inexpensive and great for casual wear. I used to have a range of their polo shirts in different colours.

Yes, in the old days, I had the polo with a @Froggy patch
Their quality is good, the best belt I had, is from them.

Also hope to give jimmy some form of support in difficult times like this.
Jimmy is my Che guevara

3139.jpg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Yes, in the old days, I had the polo with a @Froggy patch
Their quality is good, the best belt I had, is from them.

Also hope to give jimmy some form of support in difficult times like this.
Jimmy is my Che guevara

3139.jpg
Yes, it was either the froggie or the Lacoste crocodile. The former was and still is value for money. Bravo for supporting Jimmy :biggrin: