• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is It Appropriate For Childcare Teachers To Wear Niqab?

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We can see from the video in My First Skool incident that the teacher involved was wearing a niqab. Not sure if I used the correct term. Anyway we can see that she is dress in this "ninja" dress whereby only her eyes are visible.

To the children who have not seen such dressing, it can be quite intimating.

In teaching children, often facial expression plays a vital role. Children cannot comprehend words fully, so sometimes facial expression does helps. At least from facial expression, most kids should known if the adult is angry, happy, sad, etc.

In story telling, the teacher's voice and facial expression can make the story "come alive" to the kids.

So, how did My First Skool even allow the teacher to wear that dressing?

Last edited:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ahem, here is the video (Part 1 and Part 2)

Part 1
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JOplUQM-xB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Part 2
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Nm0pGgeluXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Knn our childcare centres had been infiltrated by Taliban

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry for being ignorant.
If a woman is wearing a tudung (think Im right in this case) doesnt it mean she's a holy person? Does that entitles her to beat up a defenceless child?
Even if a child can be a brat sometimes, for goodness sake, theyre still kids!! If the childcare teacher do not have the aptitude to handle kids, then find another profession! Anyway, just ranting. maybe she's hungry because of the Ramadhan puasa.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religious clothes should only be worn on religious occassions, and Halloween.

C'mon muslims, get in touch with the times and dress appropriately. If you people need to prove your religious piety by donning this type of coveralls, why don't you wear them during swimming competitions too?

Cheers!

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Boy, am i recoLLecting how my ex-gf was BLowing me with the Niqab on..:o
That was the sheer eXcitement of not being abLe to eXpect what was upcoming..:wink:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can see from the video in My First Skool incident that the teacher involved was wearing a niqab. Not sure if I used the correct term. Anyway we can see that she is dress in this "ninja" dress whereby only her eyes are visible.

To the children who have not seen such dressing, it can be quite intimating.

In teaching children, often facial expression plays a vital role. Children cannot comprehend words fully, so sometimes facial expression does helps. At least from facial expression, most kids should known if the adult is angry, happy, sad, etc.

In story telling, the teacher's voice and facial expression can make the story "come alive" to the kids.

So, how did My First Skool even allow the teacher to wear that dressing?

Ahem! It should be intimidating and not intimating.

If unsure, simple words like scary or menacing will suffice.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NTUC is piling on the teacher as well as playing the religion card.

The focus should be on NTUC ...

1. How could this have happened when there are other teachers around? Or the centre was understaffed?
2. If the centre was understaffed, then this teacher may have cracked up. NTUC should be held accountable on this.