• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Dr Tan Cheng Bock hinting at a political comeback with his latest Facebook post?

chittychitty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Tan Cheng Bock’s latest Facebook post has prompted yet another round of calls for him to ‘do a Mahathir’ and lead the opposition to victory at the next General Election.

Yesterday, Dr Tan posted a photo of himself seated at a busy food centre. Titling the post “LISTENING TO THE PEOPLE,” Dr Tan wrote: “Last weekend l was at Blk 726 West Coast Market and Food Centre. I was having breakfast with friends and sharing our views on current issues. There, I also enjoyed meeting and speaking to the many other people who were there at the Centre . Some of them were surprised to see me. The food centre was packed and doing well.”

The title of Dr Tan’s latest social media post is notable and many appear to have drawn links between Dr Tan’s post and what Malaysia’s Dr Mahathir Mohamad did during the watershed 2018 Malaysian General Election – Dr Mahathir listened to the people and led the opposition coalition against his former party to victory.

The 92-year-old Mahathir Mohamad not only soundly defeated the incumbent at the polls but he also ushered in Malaysia’s first transition of power since independence. Interestingly, it was Dr Mahathir himself who helped establish the ruling Barisan National (BN) coalition in power and served as Malaysia’s longest-serving Prime Minister.

During the last General Election earlier this month, Dr Mahathir stepped out of retirement and left the ruling party to lead the opposition. Breaking the BN’s six-decade long monopoly, Dr Mahathir beat his one-time protégé Najib Razak and became the world’s oldest head of government.

Dr Tan congratulated Dr Mahathir for his historic win on Facebook after the Election. He wrote, in part: “You have shown that age has not prevented you from doing what u believe is right.”

Dr Mahathir’s win prompted many Singaporeans to draw parallels between the 92-year-old and Dr Tan. At 78, Dr Tan is 14 years junior to Mahathir. Much like Mahathir, Dr Tan was also with the ruling party previously and served as People’s Action Party (P@p) parliamentarian for 26 years, between 1980 and 2006. He was also elected into the P@p’s Central Executive Committee in 1987 and remained a member until 1996.

Dr Tan’s latest post has renewed calls for him to unite the opposition to take on the ruling party at the next Election:

Y4C7VT5.png

http://theindependent.sg/is-dr-tan-...tical-comeback-with-his-latest-facebook-post/

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
The inclusion of a photo with Dr Tan in ESM Goh’s latest Facebook post have prompted many Singaporeans to call on ESM Goh to join forces with Dr Tan to achieve a win against the ruling party.

Both Dr Tan and ESM Goh have been noted to be close. In 2014, ESM Goh underwent a major surgery and Dr Tan was one of just three visitors who were permitted to see the ESM apart from his immediate family.

Describing Dr Tan as a “very close friend”, ESM Goh later wrote on Facebook: “I also had an almost hour-long chat with Tan Cheng Bock, my very close friend from school. We talked about mutual friends, health issues and families. Thanks, Bock. I am glad to see you in good health and keeping yourself busy.”

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The gahmen will find ways and schemes in which they can once again demolish the TCB threat...like the Melayu Prez saga.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've been in close contact with TCB recently and advised him not to do anything stupid. Just stay happily retired and we will let the matter rest.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Cock tease or not, only goh chok tong joining opposition can have anything close to the impact mahathir did.
Not likely to ever happen. @JohnTan's words of wisdom may be applicable, "not to do anything stupid. Just stay happily retired".

In short, all pap and ex-pap are selfish, contented and very rich. Why change anything?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I am bewildered by dreamers in SBF. It will never happen. The SB70 voters are dumbest in this world and more will join the ranks. PAP just need to give some free chicken wings like GST vouchers, utility rebates etc, continue to suppress the MSM, redraw electoral boundaries and trumpet their own propaganda and the whatever -the Opposition battle is more than half lost with whoever ex Minister or PAP MP that is leading it. Just dig up a few skeletons in the closet of these ex PAPs and all will tow the line. Don't forget, Sinkies are balless genetically and always looking for an easy way out.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
His options are quite limited. The only party he can work with is WP on the fact that they are the only opposition with parliament seats and ideologically consider a centrist party which align with tcb position. Others are just not worth his consideration.

But there is another constraint, his power base lies in the west whereas wp is focus in the east. To expect wp to contest in the west just because of tcb is logistically impractical at this point. It either tcb set up his own party to contest in the west and allied wp. Or he just remain non partisan to play the role as a figure of influence.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
His options are quite limited. The only party he can work with is WP on the fact that they are the only opposition with parliament seats and ideologically consider a centrist party which align with tcb position. Others are just not worth his consideration.

But there is another constraint, his power base lies in the west whereas wp is focus in the east. To expect wp to contest in the west just because of tcb is logistically impractical at this point. It either tcb set up his own party to contest in the west and allied wp. Or he just remain non partisan to play the role as a figure of influence.
Actually he can join spp or sdp etc. These parties have moved to the right. Leftwing bleeding heart liberal fuckwit ideas have no place in Singkieland. And the people just want a pap who looks after the people. The opposition is in a position to achieve that. But all in all 70% happy with pap n I hope all the opposition lose their seats n suffer the full tyranny of the pap.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Or he just remain non partisan to play the role as a figure of influence.
I think this is the role he relishes most (apart from being president). Waltzing around being non-committal, playing his ukulele, a little tease here and there, acting coy. I am fucking sick of this guy already.