• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

iOS 7 software release

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Aesthetics are secondary to processing power and reliability. So long as it performs the tasks, who gives a s**t how it looks?

A tower sits on the floor anyway. I didn't have the strength to lift the current monster onto my desk even if I wanted to.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the designer is a friend of mine, and he's a sinkie from mit. there's nothing wierd about a cylinder design. what's more important is the compute power.

tell your friend this is a fxxking workstation, not imini pc, the target audience is not arty farty people, they are engineer, scientific people, they are not going to like this type of design.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
tell your friend this is a fxxking workstation, not imini pc, the target audience is not arty farty people, they are engineer, scientific people, they are not going to like this type of design.

Engineers and scientific people don't give a shit about design. All they want is something that crunches data at lightning speed so they can publish their findings or implement their solutions in the quickest time possible.

I'm far more interested in what the display designed to match this monster will look like and how well it will render colours. It's what I'll be staring at for hours at a time.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some one in Calfornia must be taking LSD, when they design this stupid interface, what is this bullshit.
It look great if you are high.
Crazy idiots in calfornia.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My bet is that they hired someone from Microsoft. That'll explains the interface and the crappy/ buggy software. I've switched to Samsung because of this!

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like this new Apple chief got nothing better to do except implementing a lot of cosmetic touches on the IOS.
The new Macbook series seems just another old wine in new bottle.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple dont know what consumer want. Now their stupid R&D and director do what they want and sell what they want to sell.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG. what the fxxk is that?

Is that suppose to be a computer? Or a kitchen applicances?
mac_pro_2013_01-100041163-large.jpg

is it this?
19913cbb0e3253fe_3885-w265-h265-b1-p10--modern-kitchen-tools.jpg

or this?
Toilet_Brush_paper_roll_holder_tissue_holder.jpg
Looks like a flesh light

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It won't be long before the PC world tries to copy the Apple design:smile:

Apple is the PC world's R&D. It's made fortunes for Microsoft & now Samsung,.....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

This seems like a very sensible engineering design from Apple.

I expect future PCs to adopt this method for cooling.

Cooling fans = noise and dust magnet for the PC case.

thermal.jpg

A Unified Thermal Core.

The new Mac Pro packs an unprecedented amount of power in an unthinkable amount of space. A big reason we were able to do that is the ingenious unified thermal core. Rather than using multiple heat sinks and fans to cool the processor and graphics cards, we built everything around a single piece of extruded aluminum designed to maximize airflow as well as thermal capacity. It works by conducting heat away from the CPU and GPUs and distributing that heat uniformly across the core. That way, if one processor isn’t working as hard as the others, the extra thermal capacity can be shared efficiently among them. No computer has been built this way before. And yet it makes so much sense, it’s now hard to imagine building one any other way.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this is actually a very good design.. i am quite impressed..But i am still a PC guy.

If i took up designing as a hobby, maybe i will get this.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

why are you so angry? If you dun like it, then fine..

Why make a fuss out of it?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this is less about art than you think. the processors emit much heat, and he needs to reduce dependency on massive heat sinks and current fan-based designs where air flow is linear or parallel to "flat" boards. space becomes a premium as separation is required between boards, heat sinks and enclosure. he's the brainchild behind the electronics, and his mechanical design team came up with the "funnel" concept. it works beautifully to improve cooling never seen before on pc's. in future, all pc designs will attempt to copy this break-thru' design.

i told him about your incessant whining, and he promised me that next year he will ask his mech team to specially design a conical core for you. it will be in the shape of a sharp cone, and you can shaft the sharp end up your arse! :oIo:

thank you for the feedback. :biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
angry because i am waiting to buy the mac pro for years.
everytime i was waiting for better spec.
Then they said they going to make a new one, i was very happy.
Then i saw it yesterday, just piss me up so bad.
Mac pro no more.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Mac pro no more.

Luddite!!!! :eek:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tell your friend, new mac pro will flop and he will be responsible such epic fail and ask him to fxxk spider too.

this is less about art than you think. the processors emit much heat, and he needs to reduce dependency on massive heat sinks and current fan-based designs where air flow is linear or parallel to "flat" boards. space becomes a premium as separation is required between boards, heat sinks and enclosure. he's the brainchild behind the electronics, and his mechanical design team came up with the "funnel" concept. it works beautifully to improve cooling never seen before on pc's. in future, all pc designs will attempt to copy this break-thru' design.

i told him about your incessant whining, and he promised me that next year he will ask his mech team to specially design a conical core for you. it will be in the shape of a sharp cone, and you can shaft the sharp end up your arse! :oIo:

thank you for the feedback. :biggrin:

siangsiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
problem solved for u then. DON'T buy it. Not designed for whining babies.

Mac pro no more.