• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

iOS 7 software release

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some one in Calfornia must be taking LSD, when they design this stupid interface, what is this bullshit.
It look great if you are high.
Crazy idiots in calfornia.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article-2338987-1A3F4E08000005DC-911_634x351.jpg

article-2338987-1A3F632F000005DC-517_634x360.jpg

article-2338987-1A3F6327000005DC-993_634x386.jpg

article-2338987-1A3F6337000005DC-683_634x506.jpg

article-2338987-1A3F25D0000005DC-43_634x354.jpg

article-2338987-1A3F4DFC000005DC-568_306x423.jpg

Apple's latest operating system - iOS 7 - for iPhones and iPads has been announced at its annual WWDC in San Francisco. The new homescreen, pictured left, has been streamlined. Icons have removed the 'textured' design seen in previous versions of the software and the latest icons are now shown in simple colours and blocks. The Control Center, pictured right, is available from any screen, including the Lock Screen.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the mother of god, they replaced this masterpiece in design copy from german design to this little black shit.
OMG. What is the fxxk is going on in apple.
without steve, apple is doom. DOOM. DOOM. DOOM.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

macpro-100023786-large.jpg

2013_mac_pro.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want to puke, when i see it. This is professional workstation?
This is apple idea of professional workstation.
Fxxk you apple.
Go to hell apple.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

f1370887342.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At today's WWDC keynote event, Apple offered a sneak peek of its next-generation Mac Pro, a line of desktop computers that has not received a significant update in several years. The preview began with a teaser video showcasing the radically redesigned tubular tower.
The next generation Mac Pro is architected around an ingenious unified thermal core that allows the desktop to efficiently share its entire thermal capacity across all the processors. The result is a pro desktop with breakthrough performance packed into a design that is one-eighth the volume of the current Mac Pro. Next generation Intel Xeon E5 processors with up to 12 core configurations deliver double the floating point performance. With two AMD FirePro workstation-class GPUs, the all-new Mac Pro is up to 2.5 times faster than the current Mac Pro and delivers up to an amazing 7 teraflops of compute power. The new Mac Pro also features PCIe-based flash storage that is up to 10 times faster than conventional desktop hard drives and includes the latest four-channel ECC DDR3 memory running at 1866 MHz to deliver up to 60GBps of memory bandwidth. With all that power, the new Mac Pro lets you seamlessly edit full-resolution 4K video while simultaneously rendering effects in the background.
New generation Intel Xeon processors, ECC memory, and new PCIe flash storage will debut in the new Mac Pro. External expansion will be available via six Thunderbolt 2 ports and graphics will be handled by dual workstation AMD FirePro GPUs with support for up to three 4K displays.

Compared to the previous Mac Pro, the next-generation model is approximately 1/8 the size. The new Mac Pro will also be assembled in the United States. A preview of the Mac Pro given by Pixar engineers will be available for developers at WWDC tomorrow.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look like the cube all over again.

mac_pro_2013_01-100041163-large.jpg

mac_pro_2013_03-100041172-large.jpg

The new Mac Pro's ports: audio out, headphone jack, four USB 3 ports, six Thunderbolt 2 ports, two gigabit ehternet ports, HDMI out, power.

What the new Mac Pro has
The new 9.9-inch tall Mac Pro case is about one-eighth the size of the Mac Pro tower. The entire top of the Mac Pro is a handle for carrying, and a motion sensor lights up to show the I/O ports. The new design, according to Schiller, is based around a “unified thermal core” to help keep the machine cool.

Apple didn’t just rely on the stunning, jaw-dropping design of the new Mac Pro for its sneak peek. Schiller offered a lot of specifics as to what’s under the hood.

What the Mac Pro is missing
The new MacPro will have Thunderbolt 2, the newest iteration of Intel’s Thunderbolt technology that supports data rates of 20 gbps. Thunderbolt 2 will be a critical technology for new Mac Pro users.

The most remarkable change with the Mac Pro is the elimination of expansion slots. The previous Mac Pro had a pair of 16-lane PCI Express 2.0 slots and a pair of 4-lane PCI Express 2.0 slots. For current owners who have filled their Mac Pro’s slots and still need to use their cards, you’ll have to invest in an external Thunderbolt expansion chassis that will house expansion cards and connect to the new Mac Pro via Thunderbolt.
At the heart of the Mac Pro is a Xeon E5 processor, which is based on Intel’s Haswell microarchitecture and introduced by the company last April. Configuration with 12-cores will be available, and all Mac Pros will use third-generation PCI Express architecture. Apple is also using 1866MHz ECC DDR3 RAM.

Schiller also went to great lengths to emphasize the new Mac Pro’s graphics performance. The machine will have dual AMD FirePro workstation-class GPUs, and be able to run three 4K displays at one time. Apple says the new Mac Pro's graphics performance is 2.5 times faster than its precedessor.

The Mac Pro is designed for speed, and Apple is outfitting the machine with PCIe-based flash memory, not traditional SATA hard drives or solid-state drives. Apple touts speeds of 1.25 GBps for reads and 1.0 GBps for writes.

During the new Mac Pro presentation, there was no visual evidence of an optical drive. With the elimination of the optical drive from the Mac mini, iMac, MacBook Air, and Retina MacBook Pro, it’s not a surprise to see the optical drive dropped from the new Mac Pro. As with expansion cards, current Mac Pro owners who have optical drives will need to turn to external USB solutions, either by buying new external optical drives or by removing the optical drives in their current Mac Pro and house the drives in an external USB case.

Each Thunderbolt 2 port supports up to six daisy-shained devices. With six Thunderbotl 2 ports, the Mac Pro can support up to 36 Thunderbolt peripherals.
We’ll add more details about the new Mac Pro as they become available.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ios72.jpg

iOS 7's Control Center, Notification Center, and Multitasking

groovy? yes, if you are on drugs.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OMG. what the fxxk is that?

Is that suppose to be a computer? Or a kitchen applicances?
mac_pro_2013_01-100041163-large.jpg

is it this?
19913cbb0e3253fe_3885-w265-h265-b1-p10--modern-kitchen-tools.jpg

or this?
Toilet_Brush_paper_roll_holder_tissue_holder.jpg

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
macbookairs-800x447.jpg

At today's WWDC keynote in San Francisco, California, Apple announced new 11-inch and 13-inch MacBook Airs, which have been designed with battery life in mind. As expected, the new Airs use Haswell processors that offer enhanced performance and significantly improved battery life, but feature no cosmetic changes.

With the new Haswell processors, The 11" MacBook Air will now have nine hours of battery life while the 13" MacBook Air will have a stunning 12 hours of battery life.
In addition to Haswell processors, the new MacBooks feature 802.11ac compatibility, with support for the "Gigabit WiFi" 802.11ac specification. Gigabit WiFi offers speeds up to three times as fast as existing 802.11n wireless networks.

The 11" MacBook Air starts at $999 with a 128GB hard drive and the 13" MacBook Air with a 128GB hard drive starts at $1099. Apple's MacBook Airs are available today from Apple's Online Store and at retail locations.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haswell CPU - thing to beware of

So Intel Core i7-4800MQ, 4900MQ and 4930MX, which are the high clocking, but only have the slower Intel HD Graphics 4600 3D core. Meanwhile the 4950HQ and 4850HQ have lower clocks, still four cores and Iris Pro 5200 graphics. If that's not confusing enough, the pricing overlaps a bit. You'll typically be buying them as part of a laptops, so the actual numbers aren't hugely relevant.

One of the most exciting features of Haswell microarchitecture is significantly improved GT3 graphics, that comes with twice as many execution units, and with a separate on-chip cache in some configurations. Intel projected that Haswell GT3 GPU will be up to 2 times faster than Ivy Bridge GT2. Unfortunately, we will not see GT3 units on desktop CPUs, or on mobile processors in PGA package. GT3 graphics will be available only in mobile BGA processors, and it will be branded differently depending on the presence of extra cache. The GT3 with the cache will be marketed as HD 5200, and cache-less GPU will be branded as HD 5000 or HD 5100. Haswell GT2 graphics will also have different names, possibly due to different maximum GPU operating frequency. While we don't know yet the difference between HD 5000 and 5100, or HD 4400 from HD 4600, we already know which mobile processors will have which GPU, thanks to information posted by VR-Zone China. Core i3-4005U, i3-4010U, i3-4100U, Core i5-4200U, i5-4200Y and Core i7-4500U will come with HD 4400 graphics processor. Core i5-4250U and Core i7-4550U will have HD 5000 unit. HD 5100 GPU will be on Core i3-4158U, Core i5-4258U, i5-4288U and Core i7-4558U microprocessors. Finally, Core i7-4850HQ and i7-4950HQ will feature HD 5200 iGPU.
The list, published by VR-Zone, contains 11 "U" ultra low-power processors, and one "Y" CPU with 11.5 Watt TDP. Specifications of these models are not known yet, however VR-Zone did post details of i7-4850HQ and i7-4950HQ parts. The "HQ" processors have 4 CPU cores, 6 MB L3 cache, and support all advanced technologies, such as Hyper-Threading, Turbo Boost, Trusted Execution and VT-d virtualization. Core i7-4850HQ and i7-4950HQ are clocked at 2.3 and 2.4 GHz respectively, and up to 3.5 and 3.6 GHz in single-threaded applications. The HD 5200 graphics unit on these chips is clocked at 200 MHz, and it has the same 1.3 GHz maximum frequency as mainstream 4800MQ/4900MQ SKUs. Despite lower base GPU speed, the processors should be faster in graphics tasks. Comparing specifications of "MQ" and "HQ" products in the table below, it is easy to see that higher HQ's graphics performance comes at the expense of slower CPU:
Model Cores /
Threads Frequency /
Turbo Boost L3 cache Graphics GPU Frequency TDP
Core i7-4800MQ 4 / 8 2.7 GHz / 3.7 GHz 6 MB HD 4600 400 MHz / 1300 MHz 47 Watt
Core i7-4850HQ 4 / 8 2.3 GHz / 3.5 GHz 6 MB HD 5200 200 MHz / 1300 MHz 47 Watt
Core i7-4900MQ 4 / 8 2.8 GHz / 3.8 GHz 8 MB HD 4600 400 MHz / 1300 MHz 47 Watt
Core i7-4950HQ 4 / 8 2.4 GHz / 3.6 GHz 6 MB HD 5200 200 MHz / 1300 MHz 47 Watt
Core i7-4850HQ and i7-4950HQ will be released late in Q3, possibly in October.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
We’ll add more details about the new Mac Pro as they become available.
One of these has my name on it.

My current Mac Pro can't handle my monster files anymore. I'll be first in line when one of these appears in the shops.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of these has my name on it.

My current Mac Pro can't handle my monster files anymore. I'll be first in line when one of these appears in the shops.

i will never buy this macpro ever. what a ugly design.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this design is based on the logic of getting in more power with space saving. A cylinder design does that.

A dustbin also a cylinder design. You going to put your head inside the dustbin if you buy this piece of crap.

tonymac hackintosh all the way.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A dustbin also a cylinder design. You going to put your head inside the dustbin if you buy this piece of crap.

tonymac hackintosh all the way.

the designer is a friend of mine, and he's a sinkie from mit. there's nothing wierd about a cylinder design. what's more important is the compute power.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aesthetics are secondary to processing power and reliability. So long as it performs the tasks, who gives a s**t how it looks?