• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Introducing a new voting system

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would like to intro a new voting system to the electoral board. This should be a fairer way .
Instead of having only 1 choice, a points system should be used. Reason is that sometimes, or in fact most of the time, a voter could like PAP to a certain extend, and like WP to certain extend. A points system will solve this issue. Instead of writing off PAP totally, they can give some points to PAP. For GRC, points system would be even better, at least voter can give more points to a certain candidates, and it will be clearer who is the more popular contestant. And finally the total of individuals will be added up.

E.g PAP vs WP - voter A votes PAP = 60 , WP = 40, voter B votes PAP = 70, WP = 30. Total PAP = 130, WP = 70, PAP wins..

What you think ?

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
proportional representation

PAP 60% votes, Opposition 40% votes would amount to PAP 60 seats, Opposition 40% seats in parliament.

every vote counts. no more Tyranny of the majority.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
proportional representation

PAP 60% votes, Opposition 40% votes would amount to PAP 60 seats, Opposition 40% seats in parliament.

every vote counts. no more Tyranny of the majority.

No govt will think of a system that will disadvantage themselves in election. Not just PAP, all Governments on this planet.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to intro a new voting system to the electoral board. This should be a fairer way .
Instead of having only 1 choice, a points system should be used. Reason is that sometimes, or in fact most of the time, a voter could like PAP to a certain extend, and like WP to certain extend. A points system will solve this issue. Instead of writing off PAP totally, they can give some points to PAP. For GRC, points system would be even better, at least voter can give more points to a certain candidates, and it will be clearer who is the more popular contestant. And finally the total of individuals will be added up.

E.g PAP vs WP - voter A votes PAP = 60 , WP = 40, voter B votes PAP = 70, WP = 30. Total PAP = 130, WP = 70, PAP wins..

What you think ?

When there's millions of votes you think its so easy as you mentioned.??
based on average.. than it would takes days for the super computer to
calculate!!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When there's millions of votes you think its so easy as you mentioned.??
based on average.. than it would takes days for the super computer to
calculate!!

Use secured computerized voting ma . If scared of not secured, can forget about using computer for banking and big financial related transactions liao.

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
pap: WAT U THINK HAR?
LIKE THAT i SURE LOSE ONE, REVERT BACK TO THE OLD SURE WIN SYSTEM LAH...

What you think ?

Last edited:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
No matter what system, PAP rules.

What you think ?

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
samesame good enuf??????????

Robert Ho alleges that Lee Kuan Yew cheated in 1963 GE

In the 1963 GE, LIE KY cheated again. The Barisan was leading by a landslide in the counting, in >30 constituencies out of the ~50. Then, PM LIE KY caused an electricity ‘blackout’ around the City Hall counting centre, ordered everyone out, and changed the votes. After 6 hours, when electricity was ‘restored’, LIE ‘won’ by a landslide. Go to the National Library and check the microfilms of all the Chinese and English newspapers then...

http://i-came-i-saw-i-solved-it.blogspot.com/2009/06/

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
samesame good enuf??????????

Robert Ho alleges that Lee Kuan Yew cheated in 1963 GE

In the 1963 GE, LIE KY cheated again. The Barisan was leading by a landslide in the counting, in >30 constituencies out of the ~50. Then, PM LIE KY caused an electricity ‘blackout’ around the City Hall counting centre, ordered everyone out, and changed the votes. After 6 hours, when electricity was ‘restored’, LIE ‘won’ by a landslide. Go to the National Library and check the microfilms of all the Chinese and English newspapers then...

http://i-came-i-saw-i-solved-it.blogspot.com/2009/06/

This method is commonly used in soccer matches when a team is losing, bookies gave order to put fire, caused power disruption. After it has been used too often, some new bookie site will still treat the scoreline as valid even match is abandoned.
Electoral board need to seek advice from bookies on this.