• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Interesting Cameras

omega

Alfrescian
Loyal
4487318683_69b4752590.jpg

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bet Seagull no longer exists by now because apart from Chaiman Mao, can you tell me which Ah Tiong would buy a Seagull?

Well, in fact I used it.

My dad bought in in the late 60s and he was very proud of the camera and it's brand...just like the Hero brand from China.

It took very good photos...I used the shutter B to take night traffic moving forming long lines of light.

I took it to London England for 4 years of my studies and then I used it my my first round-the-world trip in 1985..Singapore-Hong Kong-Toyko-
San Francisco-Denver- Bosie- New York -London then back to Singapore.

My dad still keeps it in his home in Singapore. He treats it like gold! Cleans it every now-and-then because this was the only camera my late mom knew how to use and used to take family photos.

In short it gives me lots of sendimental values.

Well I could be one of those Ah Tiong who has a BSc First class honours and a MSc from Imperial College. But this Ah Tiong is smart enough to emigrate to Canada in 1991.

Ah Tiong king.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Seagull, Praktica (of which I owned three) and Zenit were examples of Communist attempts to perfect obsolete technology. I can't speak for Seagull or Zenit, but when the Praktica was good it was very good - cheap, took great pictures and had a whole range of accessories. BUT you really have to be careful what you buy because the QC was probably non-existent. You had great Zeiss-Ikon made lenses with bubbles in them.

And the Seagull gave many people a start in photography, including I think Zhang Yimou.

I bet Seagull no longer exists by now because apart from Chaiman Mao, can you tell me which Ah Tiong would buy a Seagull?