• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Inter Milan under fat ass waiter Benitez

D

Dodomeki

Under-pressure Benitez sees Inter slump to Lazio

Under-pressure Benitez sees Inter slump to Lazio

4 December 2010

12427186010.jpg

Inter Milan´s Spanish coach Rafael Benitez speaks to his players against Lazio during their Serie A football match in Rome´s Olympic Stadium. Inter Milan slumped to a dispiriting 3-1 defeat at Lazio on Friday.

ROME (AFP) - Inter Milan slumped to a dispiriting 3-1 defeat at Lazio on Friday leaving coach Rafael Benitez under renewed pressure just as the former Liverpool boss thought he had turned the corner with the Serie A and European champions.

Inter, who face a trip to the Middle East for the World Club Cup in two weeks' time, stay in sixth place, seven points behind leaders AC Milan who face struggling Brescia on Saturday.

Lazio are second behind Milan on goal difference and despite having taken just five points in their previous five league outings before Friday, they still had too much firepower for Inter. "Lazio played very well, but they had the run of the ball, not us. That was the difference between the two teams," insisted Benitez.

The Rome side were ahead after 26 minutes when Giuseppe Biava scored a freak goal. Inter goalkeeper Luca Castellazzi pushed a cross into the path of Esteban Cambiasso whose clearance rebounded off Biava's chest and into the goal.

Mauro Zarate doubled the advantage in the 52nd minute before Macedonian international Goran Pandev cut the deficit 22 minutes later with his first goal since February. Inter were unlucky not to be level when an Ivan Cordoba header was cleared off the line and a Wesley Sneijder drive came back off the crossbar.

Lazio made the most of their good fortune by grabbing the third in the 89th minute through Brazilian midfielder Hernanes who scored from a direct free kick. "The reaction of the team was better in the second half," added Benitez, who was without Samuel Eto'o, the Cameroon striker banned for three matches for headbutting an opponent.

"The guys kept trying to score right until the end of the match. But it's always better to score the opening goal, otherwise you are in danger when you are trailing. "It wasn't easy up front for us with our two best strikers, Eto'o and Diego Milito (injured) not here. We are really unlucky."

Lazio president Claudio Lotito believes the scoreline could have been even more comprehensive. "It could have been 4-0. We had plenty of opportunities and their goalkeeper had a great match," he said.

D

Dodomeki

Inter's Benitez under pressure after Bremen loss

Inter's Benitez under pressure after Bremen loss

r

Werder Bremen's Claudio Pizarro (2nd R) celebrates with teammates after scoring against Inter Milan during their Champions League Group A soccer match at the Weser stadium in the northern German town of Bremen December 7, 2010. Credit: Reuters/Christian Charisius

BREMEN, Germany | Wed Dec 8, 2010 5:17am IST

BREMEN, Germany (Reuters) - Inter Milan coach Rafa Benitez can expect to feel the pressure again this season after his makeshift team threw away the chance to top Champions League Group A, slumping to a 3-0 defeat at Werder Bremen on Tuesday.

The Germans, already eliminated after failing to win a match in their group until Tuesday, struck three times and hit the woodwork twice as the sluggish Italians looked nothing like the side that won the trophy last season.

Inter finished the group stage second behind Tottenham Hotspur, who drew 3-3 at Twente Enschede, when a win against Bremen would have been enough to put them top. Spaniard Benitez, who took over after Jose Mourinho won the treble last season and then left to coach Real Madrid, had already had some close shaves this season.

The defeat means they have now lost seven games in all competitions, as many as in the whole of last season under Mourinho. Club boss Massimo Moratti said recently that, in the past, he would have sacked Benitez for such a bad run but he was less trigger-happy these days.

Inter's performance against Werder, albeit with a largely second-string team, will do nothing to improve Benitez's standing with his president as his team are also far from convincing in the league, lying in fifth place after losing to Lazio 3-1 at the weekend. With his eyes on the Club World Cup in Abu Dhabi later this month, the coach opted to rest several key players including Dutchman Wesley Sneijder.

The side were also missing Argentine striker Diego Milito through injury and defender Lucio with influenza. "This was a match where we had already qualified. For me it is different. The important game was the last one with Twente," Benitez told Sky Italia. "We tried young players and we did not risk more injuries. I do not believe my future depends on the World Club Cup."

The Germans, also far from spectacular this season, took a deserved lead through Sebastian Proedl's header in the 38th and doubled it with Marko Arnautovic four minutes after the restart. Claudio Pizarro added another goal two minutes from time after Bremen had rattled the bar twice late in the game with a Per Mertesacker header and an Aaron Hunt shot.

Bremen have never lost to an Italian side at home in 15 matches. With top Champions League striker Samuel Eto'o absent from any offensive move, all Inter could produce was a Goran Pandev cross that accidentally hit the post in the 66th minute and a shot that rattled the bar with the last kick of the match.

(Additional reporting by Mark Meadows in Milan)
(Writing by Karolos Grohmann; Editing by Clare Fallon; To query or comment on this story email [email protected])

jw5

Loyal
Re: Inter's Benitez under pressure after Bremen loss

What a clown.
Took over the reigning Italian and European champions and managed to ruin the team.

D

Dodomeki

Moratti sends Benitez warning

Moratti sends Benitez warning

9 December 2010

12427190430.jpg

Inter Milan's president Massimo Moratti (L) celebrates with the trophy at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid after his team won the Champions League on May 22, 2010. Moratti has warned coach Rafael Benitez that failure is not an option at the Club World Cup next week.

ROME (AFP) - Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has warned coach Rafael Benitez that failure is not an option at the Club World Cup next week. Inter leave for Abu Dhabi on Friday and play their first match next Wednesday against either hosts Al-Wahda or Seongnam Ilhwa of South Korea.

But with last season's treble winners sitting a lowly fifth in Serie A, 10 points behind bitter city rivals AC Milan, and having finished second to Tottenham in their Champions League group following Tuesday's 3-0 defeat at Werder Bremen, Moratti has told Benitez to show his mettle. "I don't want to create problems either before or during the Club World Cup but after we'll see," he said.

"Benitez has to have character because otherwise we won't win a competition like the Club World Cup. "Psychologically I felt bad about the defeat (to Bremen) but I didn't say anything to the players. "When you lose you feel betrayed but that doesn't mean I think the players did it on purpose. "I think we don't have enough character to overcome obstacles."

Last season character was one of Inter's main strengths under now departed boss Jose Mourinho and Moratti clearly expects something similar from Benitez's team. "We'll pick ourselves up because we have an important appointment," he said. "We need great psychological support so that the players start doing what they were doing before.

"Benitez needs to take hold of the team and make everything function like clockwork." That last point sounded like a direct referrence to Mourinho who was well-known for his meticulous preparation, even planning training sessions to run for exactly 90 minutes.

Benitez has pointed often to a lengthy injury list as his team has struggled this season but Brazilian full-back Maicon, who has been injured for more than a month, claims that should not be an excuse.

"The problem is not injuries, we have a huge squad with great players," he said. "Injuries can't be an excuse. I don't know what the problem is but we'll try to find it so we stop messing up."

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
ept_sports_sow_experts-33026635-1292956329.jpg

Santa: Ho ho ho! And how are you, little- er, boy?

Rafa: I want new players or you can talk to my agent!

Santa: Uh, Santa doesn't usually deal in human trafficking, but I suppose I could do that. Is there anything else?

Rafa: Yeah, I want Liverpool to stop blaming me for all their problems.

Santa: Ho ho ho, you really ruined that club!

Rafa: Excuse me?

Santa: Nothing. Santa can do that. Santa can do anything! What else do you want?

Rafa: I want people to stop calling me a fat Spanish waiter.

Santa: Ho ho ho!

Rafa: It's not funny!

Santa: Ho ho ho fine. Santa can do that, too. Just like Santa can win the treble at Inter instead of getting sacked in his first six months on the job.

Rafa: What?

Santa: Nothing. Ho ho ho! Is there anything else you want, waiter?

Rafa: The first three seasons of Two and a Half Men on DVD. And for Jose Mourinho to stop belittling me to the press.

Santa: Ho ho ho! Maybe he will stop when you thank him for giving you such a great team that he built and then admit that he is smarter, more handsome and, unlike you, does not smell like cheese.

Rafa: Cheese? I don't understand. What is the meaning of this?

[Santa reveals himself to be Jose Mourinho]

Mourinho: Hahahaha you are so dumb, Rafa. It was me the whole time and you just kept talking about the extra players you need for a team that was already perfect for me and DVDs that aren't about The Special One. I would have known it was me immediately and then I would have said, "I'm too smart for your tricks, but it was still a good one because everything you do is genius, Jose Mourinho." But don't worry, Rafa. I will take pity on you and still grant your Christmas wishes.

Rafa: Really?

Mourinho: No ho ho ho ho!

Rafa: I hate you.

Mourinho: Hahaha I know.

Drogba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mourinho and Maicon mock Benitez

The Real Madrid coach laughed with one of his former players upon hearing the news that his old rival had been appointed Roberto Di Matteo's successor at Chelsea

Nov 24, 2012 3:50:00 PM
By Ian Hudson

227180hp2.jpg

Jose Mourinho and Maicon have been caught on camera mocking Rafa Benitez and his move to Chelsea.

The pair - who worked alongside one another when the Portuguese was in charge of Inter - spoke in the aftermath of Real Madrid's 1-1 draw with Manchester City.

Mourinho and Benitez had a stormy relationship when the Blancos boss was at Chelsea and the Spaniard in charge of Liverpool.

And after Wednesday's Champions League encounter Mourinho was informed of the breaking news at Stamford Bridge and shared a joke with Maicon regarding the move.

"Your friend Benitez is going to Chelsea," the Brazilian said to Mourinho, according to La Sexta.

The 49-year-old responded: "The fat one? Well then Materazzi should be his assistant."

Materazzi had previously revealed how Benitez made him tear down newspaper cuttings from his locker of victories with Mourinho and Marcello Lippi when The Blues' interim coach joined Inter in 2010.